Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seventh time's a charm?

Oh yes...the memory of being in a plane for 4 hours...in a little teeny bathroom. Yeah, I have learned to do liquids before and during airplane time. I got stuck so bad I couldn't swallow my spit until we landed. NOT GOOD:cursing:

Lanakila - I am glad this fill has made a difference and I hope it stays with you for quite some time:tt2:

"but I get severe shoulder pain if I eat too much."

I get that too! My doc explained that it's a muscle spasm from the diaphragm upwards. I find that a heating pad helps ease it better than Advil. What do you do when it happens?

Thanks for this thread! More than the topic seeing people post who are facing the same struggles that I am is encouraging. I just finished reading a book about lapband and it was encouraging. It said that some doctors (like mine) are really encouraging a very slow approach because they are seeing better long term results if it takes longer to take it off because you are learning a whole new lifestyle in smaller bytes. To use an old saying - trying to change our bad habits is like eating an elephant and we have to do that one bite at a time.

That said I am glad that I am getting my 3rd fill next week. I think he will probably do 1 cc which will put me at 5.5. My doctor considers a 1 cc fill being aggressive. I honestly don't know what size band I have. My doctor called it the regular band so I am calling it a 10cc. I love him but he is almost too laid back about this. I am a type A personality and I want it done yesterday. I had an appointment for a fill in February but it had only been 8 weeks since my last fill and I had lost 11 pounds so I was afraid I would drive all that way and he wouldn't do it so I post-poned it until next week. I am still at about 11 pounds and it is has been about that many weeks so I think he will go ahead with it this time.

Out of the 6 months I've only had 4 fills! My doctors here (since we moved from Tx to Fl) like to make you wait 6 weeks between fills whereas my old doctor was 2-3 weeks. I really don' thave a problem waiting that 6 weeks, but if I know I'm not getting any restriction then I want another fill, but they'll make me wait. It's aggrivating when I go in and he's "you haven't lost any weight", well no joke! So out of my 10 cc band, I'm up to 4.5 cc's and I've got my last appt schedule with him for next month and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I hit the sweet spot or close to it.

I hope Im at my sweet spot now, had an appt. 4-21 but didnt get a fill this time, since the last fill 6 weeks ago I have been really tight. I stay full for at least 4 hours at a time. Good luck to you all......:rolleyes2:

I hope this finally hits it for everyone! I had another fill yesterday. After feeling as though I was at my sweetspot and then getting sick and having some removed I am finally at a point where I feel I am getting back to where I was at. I wanted 1cc, but he said only .5 to make sure we are where we want to be and not another overfill. scale has bounced up and down so much these past two months I just want it to slide down. I am definately planning on this being a better month. Good luck everyone!

I am at 6 1/2 cc's in my 10cc band they filled me too much and had pain when I drank Water and Protein shakes and had to have 1/2 taken out. my question is.. do you all have really loud digestion noises? I do gurlgling and such. I can't eat Soup but can eat fish and other Proteins. I don't want to have them loosen it but need suggestions on food. Any ideas??

Banded August 2008 lost 84 lbs so far trying to work with a tighter band to move this along...

My digestion is really noisy when I start eating. You can also hear drinks gurgling down, especially carbonated drinks.

I also have to eat about two bites and then quit for about 5 minutes before I can eat the rest of my meal. My husband calls it my "warning bite" to let my band know that food is comin'!

I've had so many fills at this point I have lost count. Seriously. I do know that at this point I have 8cc in a 10 cc band! I still do not have great restriction. It does make it harder to eat some things but I still don't get that "full" feeling. Ever.

I've been feeling queasy the last few days and unable to eat much of anything. Now I'm worried my band has slipped. I don't know if I'm just sick or what.

I've had so many fills at this point I have lost count. Seriously. I do know that at this point I have 8cc in a 10 cc band! I still do not have great restriction. It does make it harder to eat some things but I still don't get that "full" feeling. Ever.

I've been feeling queasy the last few days and unable to eat much of anything. Now I'm worried my band has slipped. I don't know if I'm just sick or what.

Are ya preggers? It's a possibility, even if you're on BC.

Hope you're feeling better whatever the reason for it! Take care of yourself!

I need some advice about fills. Four weeks ago I had the first fill where I felt some restriction, when I went back two weeks later (last Tuesday) I still had not lost any weight. SO they filled me again. Now I have a lot of restriction. When I swallow it fills like I am swallowing a golf ball and sometimes it hurts for awhile after. I have not thrown up but I have had some slimming with some meals. Will it loosen up after a few days? Do I need to eat slower, smaller, or do I need to have Fluid removed. Any help you could provide is appreciated. I am getting discouraged and a little scared.

P.S.

Sorry to post a question on your thread but I can not figure out how to start a new thread for the life of me. So if can help me out with that to I would appreciate it.

Happy fourth

shanny, are you still getting things thru? If so, I think you might be okay.

Some tips:

Eat A LOT smaller and slower bites.

Chew A LOT more than you normally do.

Try drinking a cup of really hot tea before eating. Esp in the AM and this will help with any swelling, if there is any and will also help relax and loosen things up. this always works well for me.

GO SLOW! If you're not sure, take a bite, or drink, set it down and wait a minute or so to make sure everything is going to go down okay.

If you are PB'ing a lot or can't seem to get any nutrition down, then call your doc on Monday and get in for a small unfill.

Take care and don't mess around with this! Let me know how you make out!

As far as starting a new thread. Go to the thread category you want, say Post-op, then click on post a new thread. Type a title for it in the top box, then your question or whatever in the main, larger box. Then when you're happy with it, click post/submit at the bottom.

Once you've clicked on a particular thread, then all you can do is post to that thread. Have to start in a category to post a new thread. Hope that helps!

Shanny,

I've found that I have to eat one or two bites and then stop eating for about 5 minutes. Once I do that I can eat more easily. I still eat small bites, and chew well, but taking those few minutes after the first couple of bites has really done the trick for me. You may also consider what you are eating. After each of my fills (8 now) I found new things that I could no longer eat. Breads, baked goods, Pasta and boiled eggs are among the things that I lost along the way.

Lanakila