Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seventh time's a charm?

I got another fill today...the 7th I've had. It's not like they haven't been putting anything in. In fact, they've been fairly aggressive putting in 2cc's monthly for awhile, and then a steady 1 each month. I was so frustrated that I blew my stack finally. I got another 1.5 today and I sure hope it actually works now. Of course I have great restriction right now, but I've felt like things were good before and then two days after the fill WHAM it was like I never got one.

I am pleased with some of the associated changes that the band has made in my life. Even though I don't hit the gym as much as I should, I certainly hit it far more than I ever would have before I started this journey. I gave up breads and most baked goods months ago because one of the fills stopped that, but otherwise haven't had any limitations to the types of foods that I can eat. I never wanted to be restricted in the "what", just the how much. I'm hopeful that this will be a "Lucky 7"!

I hope this fill is the one for you, Lanakila! I can eat just about anything - bread, Pasta, a little bit of rice, chicken, beef. As long as it's moist, I can stomache just about anything. I just can't eat MUCH of anything.

I'm sorry you haven't had much restriction. I went 'over' from no restriction to restriction with one fill, so I hope this is the one that does it for you.

And well done on the weight loss so far (considering you've been doing it on willpower alone!)

I have a dr. appt. today. I am hoping to get a fill because I am not really feeling much restriction at all. He didn't give me a fill at the last appt. because I didn't bring in my food journal and weight tracker. I am NOT forgetting them today! I hope that a fill will put the restriction in my BRAIN, not just my stomach. Know what I mean?

Hang in there - you will find the spot. It really is an individual thing. I have had 6 fills and finally feel like it is really working the way that it should.

It sounds like you are making positive changes and that is what this is all about; changing your lifestyle. Let us know how this fill goes!

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I could have written that post. Other than bread I can eat as much of anything I want. I want to feel full and quickly! Thats why I did this!

I haven't gotten a fill in two months, not because my Dr. won't give me one but because I had some fillings in my teeth replaced and they have been so painful I can hardly chew anything. I've had them replaced again and they are still so painful I can't chew. I'm waiting to get a fill until I can chew again. Note to anyone - do dental work in small doses with a Lap Band. I would have never done both sides of my mouth if I had known I wouldn't be able to chew. No chew + Lap Band = Throw up! I feel like after all of this my now my teeth are holding me back! Thank God for Fat Free Refried Beans!

I really hope this hits your sweet spot!! I just got my 7th fill a week ago and I am up to 8cc in a 10cc band and I am now to my sweet spot! I can't eat anything till 1 and then I can only eat a half a cup, then I am full till supper and then I can eat a cup of food.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

thanks for the encouragement!

We discussed my food choices (in the journal I printed) in great detail. My biggest weakness is that I never eat at home ... it's all at restaurants. He asked me to spend another 6 wks focusing on good food choices, and that he thought it was better to then decide what kind of fill I need because a little weight loss by that point would make it more loose (and a fill would then be needed).

So I went to the grocery last night (first time in forever, as stupid as that sounds), and bought some healthy items and easy stuff to make at home. Wish me luck!

I really hope this fill works for you! I have only had 2 and I am thinking about moving out my next appt that is schedule for the first week in April.

Everyone is different. I find that I can eat anything I want but I get severe shoulder pain if I eat too much. I also starting getting a runny nose if I eat too much! I am still having very slow weight loss, about 0.5 lbs/week on average.

I'll be getting my seventh fill at the end of this month. I'm ready as I feel like I can eat anything and everything again.

Im happy for you, i wish i had the same success.... I am just feeling very down with mine at the moment. got up to 6ms in my band and one stuck episode, that was sever, so had to get 4 mls taken out. so was back down to 2mls. went back last week thursday where he put another 2 mls in to bring me back up to 4 mls.. and 3 days later ate some toast with tuna, and got it stuck again. but instead of just pb it had to go and swell again to the point that i could not swollow my own saliva again. so had to go back in 8 hours later for him to turn around and remove another 3mls.... why cant i just get something stuck like other ppl and move on from it. why does it have to fully close off so that nothing can get through. I am now 6 months along in my journey, back down to 1ml in my band i feel depressed and annoyed with myself at the moment. When i was at 4 mls before i never ever got any thing stuck, i could eat any thing i wanted and did. I guess my big fear now is that every time i get something stuck what if it does this again. has this happened to any one else, and if so how did you go about changing it or working your way back up to a good restriction, my fear of getting something stuck is so overwhelming at the moment, that i actually have a fear of eating.. cheers to all. jo....

I hope that a fill will put the restriction in my BRAIN, not just my stomach. Know what I mean?

The brain thing is killing me! I eat that last bite knowing full well that it's not going to work for me. You'd think I'd have learned :laugh:

Hope your fill makes you feel better,

Lanakila

An Update!

They ended up putting almost another 2cc's in! Thank goodness I asked them for a fill under flouro. It would have been another 2 months before I got to this point if they had kept putting in 1 cc a month. Whew!

Now "Stanley" is finally kickin' my butt. I'm sip-sip-sippin' from morning until about 11 or so. Have about 1/2 c for lunch, 1/2 c late afternoon, and 1/2 c for dinner. So far, so good. Like a dork, I continue to try to "finish" what little I put on the plate...which is sometimes a REALLY bad idea.

I'm feeling pretty good for now. I hope that I can keep up the calories enough to avoid the low blood sugar shakes. I've started journaling like crazy :laugh: I'm off to have some milk to finish up the day.

I'll get past -25# yet!!!

Hello All,

Seems like you've read my mind! I've had NINE fills and just started to feel a little restriction. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and that goes down without a problem. lunch is generally more of a challenge. I eat out all the time [i'm a consultant and travel for work every week] and lunch is the first real food of the day. Lately I can eat about .5 to .75 of a cup. But by dinner time I can eat just about anything.

I know I'll eventually get to that sweet spot but so far, for me, it's illusive. Since I'm not at home during the week I'm afraid of getting too much of a fill and then being miserable on the road. So, on Monday I'm going in for fill #10. That should get me to about 6.5 in a 10cc band. Anyone have any hints about 'evaluating' the fill as they are doing it or immediately thereafter? Just as an FYI...I can still take my prescriptions without breaking them in half or quarters. Thanks everyone!

:biggrin: WooHooo Lanakila!! I am so happy they got you tight enough! We might have been slow lossers, but watch out here we come!!

I've had NINE fills and just started to feel a little restriction.

After getting as much as I did this last time I decided to calculate how many more of the regular fills I would have needed and I probably would have gotten to 10 before I felt this "right".

Just as an FYI...I can still take my prescriptions without breaking them in half or quarters.

As long as I wait until lunchtime or so, I can take my meds whole. I just can't take the entire handful at once like I used to, but that's because I can't chug whatever I'm washing them down with!

I hope your fill works great for you! You are definitely right that you don't want to overdo and then be on the road. Just ask Claudine :thumbup: