Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so tired of liquids

I just have to vent. I am sooo tired of liquids. I have been on liquids for 9 days and I know that some of you have been on for longer but I have to be on until next Tuesday. Friday will be ten days since I have been banded and I think I will try an egg or something on that day. I feel sick from only drinking liquids.

FYI - fluffy eggs made with milk were on my liquid diet. Call and ask if you can add that. Just make sure they are not dry and hard after you cook them. They should "melt" in your mouth. Also I blended chunky Soups up till I could drink them. At least it kept me from getting hungry in an hour.

derbin, i'm also still on liquids (day 16 for me), so i totally feel your pain. please stay strong! i'm fed up of liquids too, but like my doc said to me, this is the time where you can really kick start your weight loss and set the foundation for your future banded life. you're doing so well, i know you can make it one more week.

some things that have helped me:

adding goat cheese to my Tomato Soup, it melts down and adds richness and Protein making it for filling.

having an activia yogurt everyday (i'm supposed to have the drinkable kind, but i switched to the little cups just so i could feel like i was 'eating' again)

having a Protein Drink or two a day.

mixing up different flavours everyday so i won't get bored (ie. if i have Tomato Soup for lunch, then i'll have potato Soup for dinner or order in some thai soup and strain out the veggies)

good luck! we can get through this!!!

I am sick of liquids, too. I have a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese for lunch, which I chew up...but I just overdid my dinner cream Soup, now I feel yucky and have a dull headache...

Melanie

banded 2/26/09

weight.png

liquid pre-op and post-op diets suck! That is all there is to it, they just suck!

But you are so close to moving to the next phase of the post-op diet, so hang on there. You can do this!!!

FYI - fluffy eggs made with milk were on my liquid diet. Call and ask if you can add that. Just make sure they are not dry and hard after you cook them. They should "melt" in your mouth. Also I blended chunky Soups up till I could drink them. At least it kept me from getting hungry in an hour.

OMG you made my night. I will try this. Thanks!

derbin, i'm also still on liquids (day 16 for me), so i totally feel your pain. please stay strong! i'm fed up of liquids too, but like my doc said to me, this is the time where you can really kick start your weight loss and set the foundation for your future banded life. you're doing so well, i know you can make it one more week.

some things that have helped me:

adding goat cheese to my Tomato Soup, it melts down and adds richness and Protein making it for filling.

having an activia yogurt everyday (i'm supposed to have the drinkable kind, but i switched to the little cups just so i could feel like i was 'eating' again)

having a Protein Drink or two a day.

mixing up different flavours everyday so i won't get bored (ie. if i have Tomato Soup for lunch, then i'll have potato soup for dinner or order in some thai soup and strain out the veggies)

good luck! we can get through this!!!

How in the h#(( did you make it 16 days!? That will be my total days on the pre op. You must be going crazy. Thank you for all of the suggestions. I will try switch from the smoothie to the real stuff.

Liquid pre-op and post-op diets suck! That is all there is to it, they just suck!

But you are so close to moving to the next phase of the post-op diet, so hang on there. You can do this!!!

Normally a week is not that long but right now it seems like an eternity!

How in the h#(( did you make it 16 days!? That will be my total days on the pre op. You must be going crazy. Thank you for all of the suggestions. I will try switch from the smoothie to the real stuff.

lol :) i am definitely going crazy. unfortunately, my doc requires 21days total on liquids - one week Clear Liquids and two creamy Soups. 5 more days to go for me... thank god!!!

lol :) i am definitely going crazy. unfortunately, my doc requires 21days total on liquids - one week Clear Liquids and two creamy Soups. 5 more days to go for me... thank god!!!

Wow. 21 days. That is A LOT. I went to vons today and got their signature soups. They have the best potato Soup. I watered it down with milk and strained it and had instant Breakfast with it. i felt a little better with that.

Ugh I feel your pain. My surgeon required 4 weeks of liquids. I ended up being told to start pureeds a week early because I kept dry heaving and my blood sugar kept plummeting and I was getting no Protein at all and I can't tolerate those nasty protein junk things they try to pass off as good. Ever since I started solid foods I haven't been dry heaving or nauseous at all. It gets better!

I just have to vent. I am sooo tired of liquids. I have been on liquids for 9 days and I know that some of you have been on for longer but I have to be on until next Tuesday. Friday will be ten days since I have been banded and I think I will try an egg or something on that day. I feel sick from only drinking liquids.

Hey Derbin,

I just got banded 02/24/09 and have been on liquids since. It's the hardest thing! I am so sick of it too! Only one more week and we get to eat a little bit better and then for me 2 weeks later and I can introduce smushy foods. It's hard, I've lost 7 pounds already but it almost feels like it's not worth it because I'm craving so many foods.

My boyfriend eating out in my kitchen doesn't help, but I feel bad depriving him. It's so hard to smell the foods he eats, I told him to stay away from my house until I can eat again. Lol:eek:

I know it's hard but please try your best to adhere to your doctor's orders...right now your stomach is very sensitive and the band is only being held in place by a few stitches. the reason for liquids is that your stomach can heal without having to churn and digest anything... any solids you put in there...even fluffy eggs...might hurt the chances of you healing perfectly. what's a few more days....you've started this journey for a new life. and the pounds are melting off, i'm sure...just try to be strong :blush:

Hey Derbin,

I just got banded 02/24/09 and have been on liquids since. It's the hardest thing! I am so sick of it too! Only one more week and we get to eat a little bit better and then for me 2 weeks later and I can introduce smushy foods. It's hard, I've lost 7 pounds already but it almost feels like it's not worth it because I'm craving so many foods.

My boyfriend eating out in my kitchen doesn't help, but I feel bad depriving him. It's so hard to smell the foods he eats, I told him to stay away from my house until I can eat again. Lol:eek:

Oh i know. I went to my parents house and they were eating taco bell. i was like omg. i made myself some broth and Jello. no comparison. i was banded on the 25th. 6 more days of liquids. then i too, have two more weeks of smushy foods. my friend who has the band and has lost 100 pounds said during this phase she would blend chili and drink it. i cant wait to do that.

I know it's hard but please try your best to adhere to your doctor's orders...right now your stomach is very sensitive and the band is only being held in place by a few stitches. the reason for liquids is that your stomach can heal without having to churn and digest anything... any solids you put in there...even fluffy eggs...might hurt the chances of you healing perfectly. what's a few more days....you've started this journey for a new life. and the pounds are melting off, i'm sure...just try to be strong :confused:

thanks for the encouragement. now that it is 6 days away that sounds sooo much better to me then a whole week. LOL!!! i dont know why but it does. i will be so proud of myself if i can make it. the creamy Soups i bought from the store are helping.