Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2nd! Whoo-Hoo!!

Hey all you bunny bansters. I took our dates and put them in one place. Here you go!!:w00t:

April 1 = mulderfamily4, sissyh1006, hhjazzy001, beth1027

April 2 = smilan

April 6 = swishbc

April 7 = hopeful414411, mobetter, trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg265

April 9 = txsandy

April 13 l= lachadanon, elayne

April 15 = hannahj914, (my office mate not sure if she is on here yet)

April 16 = jenfs5, scoobydo

April 17 = lapbandgirl2009

April 21 = thinwithin

April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn

April 28 = rcher

April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = smilan, ellster

Lets keep in touch as we go through this together.:lunch:

Hi all! I'll be in April also...woot! I get my date April 1st when we submit for approval (they respond within 3 days). FYI- since someone asked...I have a choice and after researching I selected the Lap Band (surgeon will decide which size during surgery). I also had a choice of where to put my port. It's been a long year but it's finally coming to an end...yea!

Hey all you bunny bansters. I took our dates and put them in one place. Here you go!!:thumbup:

April 1 = mulderfamily4, sissyh1006, hhjazzy001, beth1027

April 2 = smilan

April 6 = swishbc

April 7 = hopeful414411, mobetter, trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg265

April 9 = txsandy

April 13 l= lachadanon, elayne

April 15 = hannahj914, (my office mate not sure if she is on here yet)

April 16 = jenfs5, scoobydo

April 17 = lapbandgirl2009

April 21 = thinwithin

April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn

April 28 = rcher

April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = smilan, ellster

Lets keep in touch as we go through this together.:lol:

Hi Sissy and everyone,

I'm an April "HOPEFUL".. and love that there is a group of us all in the same place in the process so we can share excitement, anxiety, news, tips, etc!

I have a consultation with the surgeon on April 6 and should be approved by insurance prior to that, so I know it's close, but I'm getting so impatient!

Sherri

I tried my hand at making a Bunny Bandsters glitter name below. If anyone wants it click HERE and then copy the actual picture including the bunny peep (not the codes) and paste it into your signature (need to go to your 'user cp', then 'edit signature' and paste it in there). I hope it's the right size. -BG :-)

My surgery date is April 1st. Got it today. Starting all liquid tonight. April Fool's Day - was I a fool getting myself to this place? It's time that it ends. It's the end and the beginning.

hannah- Here's an old answer I gave to this question. I believe the new Realize C should be out widespread soon (honestly, even given that choice I still would have picked the LB).

AP Lap Band vs. Realize Band

If you do a search there have been lots of posts comparing the two. I did my research and ended up picking the LB, but I know the end results for both as far as weight loss are almost identical. The new Realize C is supposed to make them more equal, but I didn't have access to the new one and only a few surgeons have it right now since it's in the trial stage.

Here's another recent thread on LBT

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/pics-...-c-band-83453/

And Here Is a Post- Question and Answer to it from Dr. C (same doc), from the OH site

Post Date: 1/2/09 7:50 am

On January 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM Pacific Time, Spoken4 wrote:

Hi Dr. C,

I am scheduled for my banding next week and my doc offers both the lap band and the realize band. I'm having a hard time finding differences between the two and was curious as to your opinion. Of course I would want to chose the one that would offer the best results with the least rate for complications!

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

- - - - - - - - -

Currently I'd probably recommend the Lap Band, I like it about 55%/45% over the 1st gen Realize band. There is a new Realize-C band coming out soon, we have already put it about 20. I think it makes them both equal in my mind as there are some improvements to the C. Your surgeon probably does not yet have access to the C however.

Trace W. Curry, M.D. -- Lap Band, Realize Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy

- - - - - - - - - - -

Pic/Difference between (Dr. Curry site)

http://www.thebanddoctor.com/messageboard_BB/viewtopic.php?p=1501#1501

Differences between Realize-C and Realize:

-new pre-curved circular design as compared to previous model which is a straight piece of silicone with a balloon on it, which results in almond shape when locked

-larger band accommodates wider variety of BMI's

-wider adjustment range, from 0-11cc (roughly 4cc in Realize-C equivalent to 0cc in Realize)

-band extender for ease of passage behind stomach (this is tab protruding from the end of the Realize-C, which gets snipped off and doesn't stay in)

-unlockable design for easier revisional surgery

-radio opaque tubing can be seen better on Xray

-one way valve at end of tubing makes testing and preparing band easier for surgical tech

I did my own research and decided on the LB (I had a choice of LB or the old Realize that most surgeons still offer, I did not have an option of the new Realize C). Do your research and pick whatever is right for you, obviously they all can work well.

HI everybody!

Bandgroupie, thansk for all the info on the difference in the bands. I asked my doctor and she told me she has had so much success with the lapband brand that she is more comfotable with it, but that the realize band is good too. I just told her that I will go with what she is most comfy with.

Jen, thanks for telling me about your preop visit. Mine is on the 31st so I am hoping for a similar diet as yours and not complete liquids, but I'm not sure what to expect. I am just really excited about getting this underway. I still cannot believe it is happening!:thumbup: How is your preop diet going? Have you been hungry yet?

Mommad, I was surprised to hear that you haven't met your doctor yet...but as you say, it is a bit different in Canada. It sounds like things have moved pretty fast for you. If you are uncomfortable, maybe you can call the office and tell them it would make you feel better to meet the doc first.

Elayne, I had to laugh when I read your post about baking bread and sort of saying goodbye to favorite foods...I have been doing the same thing. I know the preop diet is coming and I need to be good...but I find myself saying goodbye to certain things, knowing I will not be eating them again with the band, especially bread.

Sissy, Thanks for listing the dates of everyone's surgery. That is so cool to see in print!

I haven't told anybody I am getting the band, except my husband and my daughters who are 17 and 19. They are all pretty supportive, though my hubby (who has never had a weight problem) still wonders why I can't just do it with diet and exercise. He is coming around more and more, thank goodness. Either way, I am so happy to get this done and start living my life without weight being such a focal point in my life.

Sorry for the novel. I am just so glad to "meet" all of you and have people to share all this with who are going through the same thing! :lol:

Ok, now I am jealous. I want a peep in my sig too :lol:. I think that is one thing I am really going to miss eating this easter. I LOVE stale peeps sooooooo much. LOL

Jen

Hi to all the fellow bunny bandsters

My partner and I are both being banded in April. Lise is being done on the 9th of April and I am being done on the 23rd. Whoo hoo! Let's all enjoy this together!

There's another thread specifically for the April Bandsters in the support groups area - is there a way to pull everyone together?

Edited by PharmaGirl

There's another thread specifically for the April Bandsters in the support groups area - is there a way to pull everyone together?

I think this is a good idea too. I got confused because I started in the April '09 forum (asking for names) and then I found this thread under pre-op (there are other people over there).

Hope this is OK (and not to stop this wonderful thread, just continue it there), I started an April MASTER THREAD in our April '09 Forum like the other monthly groups have so we can get everyone on one thread in the right place (since we won't be pre-op much longer).

***Sherry/Sissy- Will you please post the date schedule you so nicely made for us there in the master thread so the other people can add their dates? Thanks so much for taking the lead!

OK Bunnies follow me to the MASTER THREAD and start posting. Click...HERE

Edited by Band_Groupie

I think I overdid the bread and Booze Bye-Bye at a family b'day party on Sunday.

I weigh in at noon with my nutritionist and I'm sure I wandered out of "onederland"

My doc recommended the realize band. He's experienced with the 2 bands and his main reason was the size of the port (which is easier to find)

I'm not familiar with the "C" but I haven't seen the group since November '09 when I started my then-mandatory 6 month diet (lifted in Feb!)

There is a support group tonight and I'll bring up the Realize "C" subject.

and about family support??

Last August when I started this Quest - my husband and I were on shaky terms but he fully supported the banding -

as did my 3 grown children and close friends (most of them) and family.

However - now we are separated (in the same house because of the economy AND the health insurance coverage).

He STILL supports the surgery because of my health situation - hi blood pressure, diabetes and the rest of the "stuff"

But - he wants to come to the hospital with me and I'd rather just my 2 oldest children and my mother.

There is no anger or nastiness in our situation -but I think the sadness may be overwhelming and stressful.

I'll see how I feel when I'm in the throes of the pre-op diet.