Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies 2yr Bandiversary Month!!!

Hi All, just checking in. I have another food Story to Tell. First let me give many THUMBS UP to everyone. One of many things we all agree on is the decision to get the Band. I do not regret it at all. But I wish I had gotten it sooner. But as we know things happen in it's own time.

Juli my prayers to you on your surgery. I could only image the amount of skin you describe. But when all is done you're going to be fine. All just in time to show off this summer.

Although we may all at some time want to give up we don't. For we keep coming back here with a new attitude and a plan. So let's keep being here for each other and we'll all get through this.

Now for my food Story. I wanted to give the vegetarian way a chance. It all started w/ a 9day detox. With no meat, fish included of any kind for nine days. Okay, that was easy. Then I wanted to see how long I could do this vegetarian eating. All was going good, I started this in February 16. Well, thinking for what I was eating I was getting all the Vitamin, minerals and nutrients. Not realizing I had put myself on a low fat/no fat diet. Why, because I wasn't using any butter or oil in or with my food.

Well, a few week ago I had eaten two sardines and felt a little funny in my tummy. I let it pass. #1. Well, on Tuesday nite I had a grilled eggplant and zucchini wrap for dinner. #2. For lunch Wednesday, I had more eggplant and zucchini wraps with cheese (more oil). #3. The big one for snack/lunch on Thursday I had sardines made with Mayonnaise and crackers.

Needless to say, I was so glad I decided to leave work that day. A few hours later I was no good to myself. Oh, to top it off, I had began a detox cleansing. You see where I'm going w/ this. I was a mess. In talking to my daughter who is a vegetarian, I was informed that I had deprived my body of fat. That this is the theory of the Atkins Diet the first 2 weeks. So,I had put body in fat overload.

So, now that I'm back on my feet, I'm feeling much better and I'm now back to eating fish again. Lesson learned, do more research before I try this again.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this. Be well and plan a great week.

Good Morning Marchies!!!

Just checking in to read everyone's updates!

I am feeling a little discouraged! These last 20lbs have been the hardest to lose, but I am determined to get back on track and start losing again! You guys give me the motivation I need! :eek:

Have a productive, high Protein, lots of exercise, lots of Water, fat burning, weight loss week!!! :thumbup:

Hi all, home today still recouping. But feeling so much better now that I'm eating regular again. Even my cravings for junk food has stopped.

Tammyj, when I get off track that is when I try most to sticking to Portion Control. One of the best things to have in your kitchen arsenal is a food scale. It doesn't have to be an expensive one. Measure your food before eating and this will help keep you in control. Sign up to one of those diet site which should tell you how much Protein, fats, carbs you should be consuming for the weight you want. I myself joined Sparkpeople and others here may let you know where they've joined. Give it a try.

Who else can give some other sites they may have joined? Don't give up hope. That've why were here.

I didn't meet my weight goal for my Bandniversary, which was March 27. So, onto meeting my ideal weight of 175lbs. Hoping this will take me off or lower my medications. And lower my blood pressure a lot.

Positive results this week to us all.

I just got back from Las Vegas to Celebrate finishing my MBA.

YEAH!

Now I'm getting all my Ps and Qs in order for surger a week from today.

These are busy times, but very good indeed.

I just got back from Las Vegas to Celebrate finishing my MBA.

YEAH!

Now I'm getting all my Ps and Qs in order for surger a week from today.

These are busy times, but very good indeed.

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you... Im almost back too myself except without 20 extra lbs of skin and fat!!! im excited!! I'm already thinking and preparing for the next one!!

I know i may be slightly crazy but trust me... You get that inner core done the rest of your body looks out of place, like mismatched parts...... But unfortunately i cant get anything done till June :P Oh well

At least i can go back to the gym next week to do some mild cardio!!! no strength training for at least 4 more weeks... no biggie im more of a cardio person anyway!!!

But ya, all my clothes waist down including panties are falling off, and i need to buy all new things!!! Yay!!! good excuse to go shopping!!!

Ok enough of my rambling.. good luck Juli.. Keep us posted!!:biggrin:

Jeni,

I am looking at your pics in your signature...you have come a long way in such a short amount of time! You look really really good and I am glad to hear you are feeling like yourself again! :thumbup:

Juli,

Conratulations on getting your MBA!!!! :biggrin:

Whitepants,

Thanks for the tips! I've used both FitDay and Sparkpeople before. My problem is not knowing what to do it's just finding the motivation to get off my butt and do it. I am working out again and following the lapband dietician's meal plans...I just need to stick to it. I am going on a cruise in 3 weeks so that's giving me a little boost...I need to get into my white bell bottom jeans again! ;-):P

Jeni,

I am looking at your pics in your signature...you have come a long way in such a short amount of time! You look really really good and I am glad to hear you are feeling like yourself again! :seeya:

Juli,

Conratulations on getting your MBA!!!! :seeya:

Whitepants,

Thanks for the tips! I've used both FitDay and Sparkpeople before. My problem is not knowing what to do it's just finding the motivation to get off my butt and do it. I am working out again and following the lapband dietician's meal plans...I just need to stick to it. I am going on a cruise in 3 weeks so that's giving me a little boost...I need to get into my white bell bottom jeans again! ;-) :thumbdown:

thanks tammy!!!!! ill be putting up my before plastic surgery and after.. as soon as i get them:tongue:.. i didnt take the afters yet

HERE IS THE NEW THREAD FOR APRIL!!!!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f90/april-marching-into-spring-91146/#post1188112

Edited by Jeni 85