Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bet you're sorry you voted for Obama now

No, your post doesn't surprise me at all.

Gallup poll numbers show his approval rating at over 60%.

no regrets, he will be the President we needed to have to clean up all the crap left behind. I respect him for all the effort he is putting into our country, we will rebuild and make it a better place for our children. OH< YES WE CAN!!!!:scared2:

Gallop polls show his approval rating going down from 68 to 58% and his disapproval ratings, from those who posted undecided, going up dramatically.

Bush was NOT the alternative for a candidate was he?? What do you mean a war we are not winning??? If Obama isnt doing the same thing then you tell me why my daughter just went through her first Mortar attack in Afghanistan?? All that talk about bringing the troops home.hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I cant talk politics as my blood pressure is rising. To all who are in this thread, rep and dem please remember we can disagree about this because of our children, brothers and sisters, moms and dads who are fighting to give us this right:tt1: I wish them all well!

Interesting post. It is now the position of the Canadian Prime Minister, and he has promised to keep our troops in Afghanistan until 2011, that this is a war of attrition, that no one can win. Historically speaking, the Russians who have more of an appetite for behaving inhumanely than we in the west do, lost the war in Afghanistan and were forced to leave with their tails between their legs in the late 1980s. It was an expensive war, both in manpower and machinery for the Russians. The British, at the time of the British Raj - the British occupation of India - entered Afghanistan and were unsuccessful.

According to my reading on this very complex subject, the Afghanistanis do not understand the notion of democracy as it is entrenched in the west. We tend to take this for granted. They, on the other hand, are hung up with tribal loyalties, and loyalty to the extended family - not to mention divisions within Islam, the religion, itself. You may not be aware of this but Islam is not one uniform religion: it has many divisions - try to think of the strong divisions within the Christian church: Baptists, Anabaptists, Catholics, Episcopalians. It is simply impossible gaining consensus amongst these believers.

History teaches us a dire lesson: Afghanistan is a war which cannot be won. This will be an expensive engagement both in manpower and in taxes. And, too, this war is not only being fought in Afghanistan, it is also being fought on forbidden ground, the territory of Pakistan, our ally and an Islam state. The Taliban hop across the border in order to refuel, as it were. As long as the United States cannot go there, this war is and will be lost. Beheadings and other terrorist brutalities will happen. As a woman, I do feel sorry for the life of the women under the Taliban. But, realistically speaking, this is not our war.

Well, we just got the news. Four more of our troops were killed in a roadside bomb in Afghanistan. The newspapers run their photos, you know, and a brief profile of these soldiers. I am always heartbroken by this slaughter. This makes for a total of 116 deaths in this country, and if your population is as tiny as ours is, it is easy to internalize each and everyone of these fatalities.

Interesting post. It is now the position of the Canadian Prime Minister, and he has promised to keep our troops in Afghanistan until 2011, that this is a war of attrition, that no one can win.

As much as I am glad Saddam and many of his minions are gone, I have to agree with this. It's our generation's Vietnam. :smile:

Sorry I voted for him? No. Cause I DIDN'T vote for him!! Thankfully I can say that I voted against all of His Obominal spending sprees! And we thought Bush spent way too much of our money that we don't have. WOW!!! That's all I can say. WOW!!! Let's take 480 years and spend 1 million dollars a day, every day, and you still won't reach what he blew! It makes me sick!

As much as I am glad Saddam and many of his minions are gone, I have to agree with this. It's our generation's Vietnam. :thumbup:

I believe that you are right in your assessment of the situation. Iraq is a lose-lose situation.

I thought that was pretty clear from Day One. But I lived through Vietnam as an activist teenager and won't ever forget the lessons it taught. For people younger than me, it's often more academic.

I thought that was pretty clear from Day One. But I lived through Vietnam as an activist teenager and won't ever forget the lessons it taught. For people younger than me, it's often more academic.

Hmmmm....Mac was a hippie? Shocking. Shocking, I say!

Hmmmm....Mac was a hippie? Shocking. Shocking, I say!

Not really a hippie. But I was a lot more active in causes when I was younger.

Not really a hippie. But I was a lot more active in causes when I was younger.

Yeah, when I was younger, I was going to start a "Apathists United" group but my heart just wasn't in it.