Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band too tight? -OR- Eating too fast?

I have been banded since March 08' and I am in the same boat as you are...I know I am not over eating and i get hiccups from very little food... I am feeling like I have pressure on my chest. Sometimes I am able to eat regularly but for the past 2 days it has been bad. I am even getting the reflux at night. I have an appointment to get some liquid out of my band on Monday. I have did this before and I can safely say that your band is too tight. Even with the removal of a small amount of liquid, you will be able to tell a big difference.

I do feel much better since my last fill. I still have restriction but I'm not throwing up, gurgling or having my stomach feel likes it sour (stuck food). I have an appointment with my bariatric doctor tomorrow morning. I will see how my weight loss is going. I only weigh myself when I go to see her. I haven't had a scale in my home for many years. I have made small goals per my doctor. My first goal was to get below 250, then 240, then 230, etc. I don't think I will stop at 200. If I didn't lose another pound, I would be thrilled. I love being able to buy clothes in regular stores, feel better, look better etc.

I don't know how much of a friend you have because it sounds like they are sabotaging you! Automatic eating is very dangerous. In my support group we talk about "mindful eating." No television, reading, etc. The ideal is to eat and pay attention to each bite, small bites, chew, chew and chew some more, etc. You also have to pay attention the quantity of food. I have read that one of the biggest reasons for success with the lapband (and bypass for that matter) is to go to support groups. I love OA and they are very helpful but I think going to a lapband support group helps the BEST!

My surgeon has a support group 1x a month, and sometimes I can't make it. I don't know of any other lapband groups only around my area. Maybe I should stay for the gastric bypass support group but their both the same night, so still only once a month. Today I had a good day. A good day is still full of resriction for me. I regurgitate the potatoe chips I ate. I sabotoge myself all the time. Now it's tv time and time to relax,and that is the worst. I tend to graze all night. I'm thinking of using a sleeping pill to put me to befd so I don't eat. I plan on going to another OA meeting tomorrow. I know I need to pay more attention to my chewing and eating slow. Thanks

I;m glad your feeling better with the unfil and I'm rooting for you that tomorrow the scale is good to you. I weigh myself every day, sometimes 2x a dfay. Not that this really helps when I just eat with no control. I see the scale go up and then down, up and then down. What fun it is LOL.

My goal is to get into Xlarge tops. Their still tight and the 1x is too big. That's all I want , is to be able to go into any store and have the top fit me.

Shaunni, I get the hiccups also. Usually around 6 or 7 of them. It's my signal to stop. Good luck at the doctor.

Let us know.

Edited by Bandana

The best thing I took away from OA is "Take one day at a time." That is all we have to deal with. It makes it easier to deal with. It sounds like you may have too much time on your hands. Maybe look into finding something that interests you? Fix up the place where you live. Volunteer at the library or hospital. Sounds like you are on track.

My surgeon has a support group 1x a month, and sometimes I can't make it. I don't know of any other lapband groups only around my area. Maybe I should stay for the gastric bypass support group but their both the same night, so still only once a month. Today I had a good day. A good day is still full of resriction for me. I regurgitate the potatoe chips I ate. I sabotoge myself all the time. Now it's tv time and time to relax,and that is the worst. I tend to graze all night. I'm thinking of using a sleeping pill to put me to befd so I don't eat. I plan on going to another OA meeting tomorrow. I know I need to pay more attention to my chewing and eating slow. Thanks

I;m glad your feeling better with the unfil and I'm rooting for you that tomorrow the scale is good to you. I weigh myself every day, sometimes 2x a dfay. Not that this really helps when I just eat with no control. I see the scale go up and then down, up and then down. What fun it is LOL.

My goal is to get into Xlarge tops. Their still tight and the 1x is too big. That's all I want , is to be able to go into any store and have the top fit me.

Shaunni, I get the hiccups also. Usually around 6 or 7 of them. It's my signal to stop. Good luck at the doctor.

Let us know.

Question for you... do you get any flack from OA due to WLS?

I considered going to OA once but I was warned not to tell I had WLS. Turns out, it's not for me anyway. I prefer chemical treatment. ;o) But it has me curious.

I went one time and did not mention my WLS so I don't know. My sister who had gastric said they aren't too happy with WLS people. But I'm going again today and we'll see. I'll let you know.

I went one time and did not mention my WLS so I don't know. My sister who had gastric said they aren't too happy with WLS people. But I'm going again today and we'll see. I'll let you know.

I don't understand the mentality. They continue going to those meetings and most of them are fat, very fat. So why not actually do something about it instead of talking about it non stop?