Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 10th bandsters - How's it going

Hi all,

I had my first follow up today with the nutritionist and the surgeon. My diet was advanced to the stage 4 diet of soft foods. Finally something other than liquids!!! Will still have to drink some Protein shakes to be sure to make my quota. Also got the ok to start using the weight machines at the gym. But I have to get my butt to the gym more often. Down another 6.2 lbs!! Got the warning that once I start soft foods my weight may go up but not to worry and don't get discouraged. How's everyone else been doing with their exercise???

yayatrudy glad to hear that your back pain wasn't anything more serious. Once you start Water aerobics again I'm sure you'll see a change in you weight.

First day at the Y and the Water felt wonderful. I am planning on going 3 to 4 days a week. Back pain is less today. I feel better.

Hi all

For me the exercise part is easy. 1 week out I was doing 30 minutes on the elliptical. Now I do Zumba 2x a week, Tennis 2x a week, Weights 2x a week and I will go back to Yoga tomorrow. I do about an hour to an hour and a half 6 days a week. I was a little concerned about the abdomen for yoga but now I think everything will be fine. If it is uncomfortable, I just will not do that postion. I am also going to play a USTA match this week so that will really test me.

I just wish I was not HUNGRY. I have no restriction and could and can eat everything now. No problems. I have been gaining about a pound a week since the second week post op. I eat between 800 and 1200 calories a day but I could eat alot more.

I will probably not be able to get a fill until April and I could use one NOW.:laugh:

I haven't been hungry since my surgery. There have been a several times that I've had severe cravings. When it happens I stop myself and really think about if I'm truly hungry. I find that I'm satisfied and have been able to avoid giving into the cravings. Also I'm getting back on track with my exercise, spent an hour at the gym over the weekend and again yesterday. Later today I'll be there again.

As hard as it was to do -- I had my husband take pictures of me (in my bra and panties) the day of my initial consult, surgery day, and yesterday (1 month bandiversary). Last night we compared them really got to see the changes. They serve a dual purpose as a photographic journal of my journey and as a motivation for the discouraging times.

Happy Bandiversary Everyone!!! :thumbup:

hello again all

i had my first fill last monday and all is going well ive started swimming 3 times a week and walking alot im realy happy i decided to go ahead with the band! food wise i dont have loads of restriction but do find if i eat too fast i get bad chest pains where it's got stuck, im enjoying my life again and hope you all are too, xxxx

Shaggs, I enjoyed reading your blog. I'm hungry too. Have not lost much in the past month. (prefill). Have to wait another month in pergatory before I experience it. Let us know how you do with the fill.

Got my first fill yesterday. Boy was I scared! You know, it did not even hurt! I had a very bad experence with a surgeon when my gall bladder was taken out and there was a massive infection already. He just decided to put three or four cuts in my stomach without numbing the area first! So I was really nervous about this fill. My doctor did numb it first, and I felt nothing. I was actually surpirsed when it was done. I am not feeling much different, but I guess you can not expect tooo much with your first fill. I have lost 35 pounds since my first visit on 22 Dec 2008. I guess that is not bad but I told my doctor I had hoped it would be 100 by now! LOL

I had my first fill last monday, I was doing great until yesterday I grazed all day I am doing better today..I also don't feel much restriction and get the chest pain and back pain if I eat too much or too fast. I had an interesting time with my fill,, the area where the port was had filled with Fluid and the port was upside down...So they extracted the fluid and used a couple of needles to turn the port over and then completed the fill. hopefully it stays in place now. But there was little to no pain and they didn't numb anyything.

Holy cow! I feel for you, I think that is aweful! Which band do you have? I was so scared, but it was as easy as anything. I wish I had restriction but really feel nothing. I can't wait till next time!

Oh mi god so glad to hear your fills have done nothing! I had my first fill on Monday which was a breeze, little sharp pain but nothing really no probs. I am in the middle of a very bad week for hormonal grazing and uncontrollable hunger so the fill has done nothing so far I'm still eating WAY too much although I am almost succumbing to it and not even trying to fight it. I have a tiny little bit more tightness as the food goes down but really, there is no difference and I'm hanging for more. Apparently 3rd fill is the charm - man - bring it on! Also a word of warning, apparently your fill can tighten up over the week and be more restrictive at the end of the week than when its first done. That would be lovely but I'm not holding my breath!

Hi all, Still waiting for my first fill but glad to hear that there isn't much to it. As for me I'm still not very hungry but I have had days with very bad cravings.

This week has there has been a bit more stress because I haven't been able to keep to my routine. I was getting to the gym 3-4 times a week but not this week - have been caring for my mom going back and forth to doctor appts. Yesterday I caught myself wanting to just graze instead of sitting and eating a meal. Also I haven't been able to get all my fluids each day. I'm determined to keep myself on track with my eating and drinking. I'll have to get a bit inventive about getting some exercise in while with my mom.

The good news is that I've been consistently losing weight. Saw my cardiologist last week, I had lost another 5lbs since my follow-up with the surgeon on 3/4. Hopefully I can keep it up while caring for mom.

Things are going okay for me. I haven't gotten my first fill due to a up coming vacation. I'm getting really frustrated. I feel like I've hit a wall. At night, I feel as if I could eat the house! I don't know whats wrong. Hopefully, it will get better with the fills.

Hey gang, it has been awhile, how is everyone doing? I have lost 57 as of today. I could not be happier with my decision to be banded.