Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

27th close out the month

Hello all...

So far so good with post band surgery. Dr. Ortiz was very professional and polite. He made me feel very at ease. Now I am just doing the 21 days of liquids as he prescribed. I am not having too hard of a time. I will let you know more the closer I get to the 21st day. I am glad everyone made it through surgery. I am just counting down towards the my first fill. I am so ready for this weight to disappear.

Jen

I was also banded on the 27th of February. I am still in pain at the port sight and the gas is still a problem but I got my first full nights sleep last night. It has been good hearing how everyone else is doing because I don't have a support group near me.

i too am a 27ther! i am feeling pretty good but am having a hard time taking a deep breath. anyone else have this problem. i also have the runs pretty bad! i called the dr. and he basically said, well you are on a liquid diet, what do you expect? does everyone have the runs????

what a lovely topic of conversation!!!

and on my very first post.

im so sorry.

thanks and good luck everyone

I too am scheduled on the 27th at 10 a.m. A bit nervous however ready to get the surgery over with! I am funding my own surgery - or shall I say my fiance is funding it. I told him that the pregnancy of our child put me in this situation now he has to help. LOL

Hey was banded on saturday the 28th and struggling.

i too am a 27ther! i am feeling pretty good but am having a hard time taking a deep breath. anyone else have this problem. i also have the runs pretty bad! i called the dr. and he basically said, well you are on a liquid diet, what do you expect? does everyone have the runs????

what a lovely topic of conversation!!!

and on my very first post.

im so sorry.

thanks and good luck everyone

Hi

The shortness of breath had me too! Couldn't manage a flight of stairs without thinking "oh my, here come a thrombosis". Luckily, I think it's just a combo of the gas and diaphram/abdominal muscles just needing to settle a bit after being poked and prodded. It seems to be getting better with a bit of exercise.

The main problems for me have been the gas and severe muscle aches mainly in my back.

Can't share your experience on the bottom end though!

Here's looking forward to this morning's mush!

Ben

Catemc1 I too have a slight case of diarrhea. Initially I was very constipated. I think this was a side effect from the pain medicine which BTW I consummed ALL. I have always had pain pills left from previous dental procedures or muscle spasms however this go round I took the medicine every 4 hrs faithfully after the surgery.

This is day 6 and I feel really great. On small problem is the 'catch' that I have in my neck. I'm not sure if this is from the surgery or from sleeping improperly. It's really weird. Yesterday while at soccer practice with my daughter I walked around the field a few times. It was so refreshing. Today I went to the doctors office to purchase some Protein shake (they have a really good brand) and asked the nurse could I weigh myself - I'm 12 lbs lighter. I was so excited!

We all will feel better day by day. Just think this time next year if we continue with the motivation of today, we will be a few lbs at our goal. Or at least I WILL!!!!!

This is the end of the 5th day for me. Stomach is still sore although better than it has been and have had a small bm finally! How long does it take for the soreness to go away. I had a hiatal hernia repair as well. Don't know whether that makes it more painful.

Hi 27th Bandsters! How are yall doing?

doing well, weight loss has slowed a lot but still going in right direction. For a while had some problems with pb'ing, haven't done that in quite a while. Lost 60 lbs., a way more to go but content overall.

and you?

doing well, weight loss has slowed a lot but still going in right direction. For a while had some problems with pb'ing, haven't done that in quite a while. Lost 60 lbs., a way more to go but content overall.

and you?

Inri09 60lbs is great! You are going in the right direction. I'm going slow too only 36 lbs compared to what I've seen in others. I had a low BMI to start so I knew from the beginning it would be slow. I know that in another 6-8 months I will more than likely reach my first goal. I'm not depressed or disappointed at all because I keep thinking I have NEVER lost this much weight at one time and not gain it back. I'm so happy that I'm in a 14 from a 18/20. My short turn goal for next 3 months is to get to a size 12 comfortable.

I too had a prob with PB'ing when I got around 4cc. I really had to slow down when I ate. It's funny because when I go out to eat with my friends the waitress always ask if I'm okay with my food because 75% is still on my plate when my friends plates are clean.:thumbdown: I ALWAYS take home a doggie bag.

I'm hoping of our fellow February bansters are doing well. Stay in touch! :eek: