Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

27th close out the month

I'm scheduled the 27th. Seems we'll be the last to enter the Feb 09 bandsters...I doubt too many doctors schedule operations for Sat.

Ready to begin the pre-op diet in less than two weeks. Anyone hitting favorite restaurants for a last "big meal", or are you being good and starting to cut down early?

Hello

I am scheduled for the 28th as my surgeon does operate on Saturday's. I am a private patient, and am funding myself as in the UK you have to be a certain weight before the Health Service will fund this type of op.

I guess my surgeon does Saturday's for a bit of pocket money!! :cursing:

I will be having a few 'lunches and last blow-outs' for sure!!! I feel a bit bad thinking about doing this, but hey, for me it's like having the last fix!

I was due to see my dietician this week but we had heavy snow in the area an my appt was postponed, so I don't have any info about diet/ pre-op diet yet, but I am not looking forward to that.

Good luck with your banding.

I am also getting banded on the 27th by Dr Ortiz in Mexico. I am nervous but hard charging towards my goal. I just had a baby by c section on Dec 15th 2008 via c section. I plann on eating some of my favorites before I have to start all liquids. I also plan on eating some of my favorite candy between now and then. That sounds terrible I guess...But that is my plan.

mine got moved to 3/3. Office called to see if I could move it back, didn't mind so much, except was already into the two week diet. Need to go a few extra days. Good luck, I'll check in to see how everyone's recovery is going from the 27th.

I too am scheduled on the 27th at 10 a.m. A bit nervous however ready to get the surgery over with! I am funding my own surgery - or shall I say my fiance is funding it. I told him that the pregnancy of our child put me in this situation now he has to help. LOL

Edited by Le-Le

Hi

Thinking of all of you guys as your ops are becoming closer.

Good luck bfrancis and le-le for tomorrow.

I am still on schedule for Saturday!

Hi all, today was my big day! After the surgery I felt like I had been hit by a MAC TRUCK. Now I'm feeling better; tolerance and pain level is about a 6. I'm very excited right now and ready to exercise surprisingly. My sister and her husband are competing with me and my fiance in a 'biggest loser' contest. They already feel the disadvantage because of my surgery but I told them that should motivate them even more.

Hi all

Glad all went well Le-Le. I am on in about 1hr 45 mins to the hospital for my op. I am feeling quite nervous, but excited!

I hope all the Feb bandsters are on the road to recovery now and good luck for the future.

Lisa

I'm just checking in too from hospital via my already slim and sexy iPhone. Not up to writing my usual novelettas! I feel pretty much the same...it would be so much better if they would have the decency to suck out all that air they pumped me with.

Well done Le-Le and good luck for today Lisa-R and for the 3rd inri09, and I hope all went well with you Dixiedawgie.

Back to trying to burp...

Marnin' Ben!!!!!!!!!!

You are awake bright and early!!!!

I hope you get released soon. :(

Mmmm - all that gas/air -not looking forward to that one bit......how is the hospital food........have you had anything yet???

Hi all,

This is day 2 after surgery. Hard time sleeping last night. I'm having some serious issues with gas that won't come out. My fiance is on the way to the store. This is the most uncomfortable feeling. Other than that I took a shower last night so I feel like a new woman!!! Lisa-R hope your surgery went well. BTW I'm a Lisa too! Lisa-S :-)

Hi all

Lisa-S - oooh the gas, it is horrible, Ben is suffering too.

I feel bloated and my tummy is rumbling like a geyser about to blow - so gas problems too! It gets worse when I eat and drink - seems to set it all in motion. I can burp though and seem to be getting some out - if y'know what I mean :hurray:

The pain isn't too bad at all - I feel stiff today (day 2 post-op) and achey, but nothing major.

I have managed some Weetabix (slush) for brekkie and that went down without a hitch - now feel very bloated! How is everyone with their liquidised foods - much better than the pre-op diet isn't it? I don't feel too deprived.

Hope we will all be feeling better soon - keep in touch :party:

Hello All:

I was also banded on the 27th. I am so glad to have this done! I felt more uncomfortabe with the gas more than anything else. Today is day 5 and I can say it does feel alot better. My doc suggested taking a stool softener like colace (believe it or not!) to help move it down the pipe and it really did help. He told me the gax-x strips only help with burping. I still feel sore today ( I definately know I've had surgery), but was abe to shower this morning and drink my first full liquids - an Atkins shake for me, although it took about 1/2 hour to get it down. Oh well, lots of changes to get used to, but worth it. I am already down 12 pounds from the pre-op diet. Hope all of you are doing well, and that everyone is not suffering too much at this point. Hang in there, it has to get better, right?