Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 16th bandsters?

So I didn't think this whole past week I got in enough Protein either. I was very fatigued. Today I started my mushies *YAY* and I feel so much better already. I orderd Unjury Protein Powder off the internet after reading some posts on the best tasting or no-taste protein powder and it seems this one is the best. Once it comes in I will tell yall how it tastes. I am acutally alot less sore today but I want to know when I will be able to sleep on my sides (at least). I am so sick of sleeping on my back and it hurts :)

MRSM~ I am totally with ya!! sleeping on my left side is my favorite way to sleep. Of course, that is the side where the deep muscle incision is, so there is no way in HECK I can lay on that side! I can sleep on my right side for about an hour, then the left side starts to feel like it is falling out the right side! :thumbup: So, I lay on my back, which aches after a few hours. And my backside goes numb and AAARGH! Here's to sleeping soundly on our sides SOON!!

HUGS,

How is everyone doing today?

I am doing pretty good. I feel really tired however. I am having protien shake problems. I find it hard to drink so many shakes! My tummy gets way too full. So far I am only averaging 15 oz of Protein a day.

(I know, that is way to low!)

I just don't know how to get it all in!

Hugs & Healing to everyone!!

It is hard to get all the Protein in when you are not hungry. I use Isopure or a protein bullet as the cold Water in my Jello and add an envelope of knox Gelatin to it also. It can add up to 17 gms of protein for 1/2 cup of Jello. And it doesn't make it taste any different. Feeling really tired can be a sign of dehydration so make sure you're getting enough fluids too!

My nutritionist also suggested using double strenth milk (1/3 cup of dry nonfat milk added to 1 c. skim milk) to boost my protein. I add it to my Soups and my carnation instant Breakfast, in the blue box (the liquid supplement my surgeon recommends). I was using the double strength milk in my pudding before surgery too, and can't wait till next week when i can have pudding again.

hey shelly,

i'm impressed that you're getting so much protein in so soon. i'm still on Clear liquids, and there's only so much broth and protein Water i can have. i get really tired in the afternoons but i hope that will change once i start having Soups, Protein shakes and yogurt in the next couple of days. the first few days were fairly tolerable... not too much shoulder pain or gas. but today, i feel so gassy and my stomach has gotten really bloated. thankfully i still have little shoulder pain! the gas and bloating makes me feel like i'm pregnant. walking and gas x aren't helping like they used to. i hope this will pass soon!!!

Hope you're feeling better now! The gas is the worst of it, in my opinion! I had lots of gas on Sat, of course the day i had an event to attend!

Babe~ my worst days gas-wise were day 3 & 4. The gas-x never really helped me much. Walking did help a bit, but once I laid down, all the gas seemed to build up again. I started putting a heating pad on my belly, and that seemed to help a bit.

Friday I went w/ my Mom to GNC, to find different protiens I could swallow. I found Isopure, which comes in a glass bottle and one serving equals 40g of protein. It tastes almost like gatorade, and comes in several flavors: punch, pineapple-orange and grape. I can get them down in about an hour, with no gagging! :tongue:

I also found ProSlam27. It is about 3oz of liquid and comes in this silly little plastic bullet-shaped container. It has 27g of protein in those 3oz of liquid!! I found peach and fruit punch. I poured the peach into a glass of iced tea and it tasted just like a Snapple!! YUMMY! I couldn't believe I was ENJOYING a protein drink!! :tt2:

So, between the two, I can get in around 70g of protein each day, not including my "food." Awesome!

Hope this helps!

HUGS ALL!

I love the isopure and the proslam's! I mix it with jello, or crystal light, it sure does boost the protein!

Good afternoon ladies! I just wanted to see how everyone is feeling. I was feeling a lot better until today. My delayed time of the month decided to visit me. I don't know what it is about this time but I'm in so much pain. I always have really bad cramps but this time is almost unbearable. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow but I already told my hubby if it doesn't get better I'm not going. I hope everyone else is doing better.

Hope you're feeling better!

So I didn't think this whole past week I got in enough protein either. I was very fatigued. Today I started my mushies *YAY* and I feel so much better already. I orderd unjury protein powder off the internet after reading some posts on the best tasting or no-taste protein powder and it seems this one is the best. Once it comes in I will tell yall how it tastes. I am acutally alot less sore today but I want to know when I will be able to sleep on my sides (at least). I am so sick of sleeping on my back and it hurts :wink2:

i found i can sleep on my right side with a pillow tucked under and against my incisions. I was so tired of sleeping on my back!

MRSM~ I am totally with ya!! Sleeping on my left side is my favorite way to sleep. Of course, that is the side where the deep muscle incision is, so there is no way in HECK I can lay on that side! I can sleep on my right side for about an hour, then the left side starts to feel like it is falling out the right side! :thumbup: So, I lay on my back, which aches after a few hours. And my backside goes numb and AAARGH! Here's to sleeping soundly on our sides SOON!!

HUGS,

I hear ya, try supporting your tummy with a pillow or an extra blanket to see if it helps.

I'm feeling pretty good. Still sore, especially around the port site, which i expected. I went back to work this week and i'm tired at the end of the day, but not unbearably so.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

hugs, Pat

got some good news to report... i can finally sleep on my tummy again, YAY!!! last night was my first comfortable sleep since the surgery. i'm feeling generally pretty good now, although my left shoulder is achy and i'm still a bit tired. i'm planning on making some home made Soup tonight - i just home my hand blender doesn't conk out on me :)... a nice broccoli cheddar if i can find a decent recipe.

how are the rest of you doing?

Congrats on being able to sleep on your tummy Babe! Now THAT is a milestone! :wink:

I am doing pretty well. Yesterday my mom and I took my daughter prom dress shopping. I made it through TWO malls and still had energy to do some grocery shopping! I was shocked. Last time I took her shopping I barely made it through one STORE and couldn't make it to the mall.

Plus, last night, without thinking, I rolled over on my left side to go to sleep and suprise, suprise~ IT DIDN"T HURT! :o

So, things are getting better each day!

Hugs,

OMG... I am STARVING!!! i don't know if i can handle one more week of liquids! I am this close to going to McDs and getting a big milkshake. At least its yummy and will be filling. Having healthy liquids is like a depravation diet all over again. Must push on... argh!

So today is weigh day and I havn't lost anything!!! I am pissed!! I am trying to keep it in perspective though considering I havn't gained back any of the 17 lbs I lost but I think it's time to start getting some exercise in. I finally had a scrambled egg today *HEAVEN* lol

**2nd Entry** 1:24pm

Ok I just got back from walking on the treadmill for 30min @ 3 speed and a 2 incline. I feel alot better and think I can tolerate that at least every day for now.

Edited by Mrs_Mauricio

So today is weigh day and I havn't lost anything!!! I am pissed!! I am trying to keep it in perspective though considering I havn't gained back any of the 17 lbs I lost but I think it's time to start getting some exercise in. I finally had a scrambled egg today *HEAVEN* lol

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't lost anything but its still good that you haven't gained anything. The first couple pounds we lose is mainly Water weight which is why it comes off so fast. Just don't get discouraged. I read on another post that if you increase your Protein it will help to get the weight off faster. She was a slow loser and she said once she increased her Protein intake the weight just fell off.. I hope that helps!

As for my weigh in I've lost 7lbs according to my scale.

I've heard the same thing. Up your Protein. That and the exercise will do the trick!

Another helpful tool is keeping a food journal. I know it's time consuming, but boy does it help!! Myfitnesspal.com is a great site, where you can log in your food, exercise & Water intake. It keeps track of your progress. :thumbup:

Today for my weigh-in, I lost 2 pounds. I know that is a healthy weight loss for one week, but my first reaction was to be bummed. :thumbup: Then I realized alot of people gain weight between going back on regular food and their first fill, so, I am happy.

GOOD JOB NCSQ!! :mellow:

Hugs,

i've lost about 7 lbs since banding. i'm bummed that i haven't lost more since so many people end up losing a lot on the liquid diet. it's hard not to compare!

Shelly i think i'll follow your advice and up my Protein. i just started exercising again this weekend too. nothing strenuous, just power walking, but it feels great.

how does myfitnesspal compare to other sites like dailyplate.com or sparkpeople.com? there's so many options out there... totally confusing!!!

I've never been to dailyplate.com. But I like myfitnesspal.com because it is really user-friendly. I'm sure the other sites are just as helpful.

I can't wait till I can go back to Curves and exercise!! (I never thought I would look forward to exercising!!!) I am also looking into getting the Wii Fit. I've heard it is great exercise!!

Hugs,

Thanks everyone for the advice and support. Congrats Alcine & Shelly on your weight loss!!! I finally got that Unjury Protein in the mail and it really doesn't have a taste! Just a funky smell lol! I don't recommend mixing it w/ your food because it makes it very dry and lumpy. I mixed it w/ some juice and if you didn't smell it, you wouldn't know the difference! I hope that this will help me keep my protein up and help me shed a few lbs especially now that I'm back to some sort of exercise.

i'm so bummed, i just did my weekly weigh in and i haven't lost anything!!! just finished 3 weeks of liquids too... this is so frustrating. i know i'm not really supposed to lose much till my first fill, but i thought for sure i would lose during liquids.