Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 16th bandsters?

i'm driving down to seattle tomorrow after work, and flying out on sunday.

Edited by Babe

GOOD luck Babe!!! :rolleyes:

I am being banded as well tomorrow!

Finally!

Feb 2nd I almost got into the operating room before they pulled the plug due to low potassium. Hoping tomorrow isn't yet another dry run!! LOL! :scared2:

See ya on the flipside!

Hugs,

Hey everyone! I just wanted to wish you all luck tomorrow! I pray that surgeries are successful and that you will heal fast. I'll be honest, I'm actually feeling a lot more nervous now.:thumbup: I know I'm just psyching myself out but its like I just want to make sure that I'm doing this for the right reason. I know I'm doing this for my health, my knee (tore my acl and meniscus in my right knee) and I do want to look and feel better about myself but I don't want to do this for vanity you know? I guess its really late in the game to be thinking about this but I'm just want to be sure with myself that I'm making the right decision. :cursing: You know what? I know I'm making the right decision. I don't want to live like this anymore. I don't want my weight to rule me and I want to be comfortable in my own skin. Ok I know I'm sounding crazy right now lol.:scared2:I hope I'm not the only one feeling this way lol. Really everyone be safe and I'll update you after my surgery and I look forward to everyone else's updates!

I'm going to try to go to sleep now. Night everyone! :crying:

i'm in bandland now... whohoo!

still at the hospital, and will spend the night before returning to the hotel. great facillities here in Mexico. i just have a bit of shoulder pain but i've been walking a loth and that helps.

how are my oter FEB 16thers?

:rose: Babe let me congratulate you first!!! We're in band land ** Happy Dance** :Dancing_wub:My surgery was supposed to be at 10:30 so they had me be there at 8:30. Well since they had some people before me they went over big time. I didn't get in until almost 1:30 and I was starving!!! lol. Well my surgery was a success obviously and my surgeon even said that I did great on my pre-op he said that my liver was so small he didnt even have to move it and it saved him 20 mins. Oh and i lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks from it!! Well to me more technical its nine but still you know?? I can't believe how worried about I was last night. I mean yes I'm in pain and I do have some gas pain in my shoulder too but this is all so worth it. I can't wait to hear everybody elses stories. Be safe down there in Mexico Babe and too all you others if you're not home yet. We're official Bandsters!!!!!

Congrats Babe & NCsQueen!!! :blushing:

We are bandsters!! Monday morning my hubby woke me up bright and early, telling me the hospital had a few cancellations and wanted me to come in asap for my surgery! Talk about freaking out! LOL! It turned out my potassium problem was fixed, so I was good to go. By noon I was in my own private room, surgery behind me!

I got home around 10am yesterday. I've been enjoying Mom's homemade broth, sugar-free jell-o and popsicles. I still have some pain, but am trying to move around as much as I can.

I just finished about 4oz of broth and a little cup of jell-o for Breakfast. I think that was TOO much, as my tummy feels way full now!! I can't believe it!! :cursing:

Hugs & speedy recovery to all!!!

Shelly,

Congrats to you!!! That's super lucky that you had all those cancellations. I'm so glad your potassium levels were good too. I'm still in shock that I actually did it. I think that we should do a weekly weigh in to see where everyone is at. What's everyone's thoughts to that?

Hello February 16 Bandsters--

I came home yesterday afternoon following a successful surgery in Detroit with Dr. Wood. Leading up to the surgery, I felt a bit disoriented and had some difficulty articulating my emotions, but I never felt nervous or unsure. I was excited the day of surgery and remain that way. My surgical and post-op team were professional attentive and encouraging. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I even got to meet and talk with one of my neighbors on the floor who was having her second gastric bypass. It was nice to talk with someone sharing a similar experience.

Today is the worse of it. I feel a bit out of sorts, quite sore and I am very bloated. Emotionally, however, I still feel positive and optimistic. I'm having no problem with the liquids and am feeling quite satisfied. I just wish the bloat would pass.

I'm so glad to be part of this exclusive club and have every confidence that each one of us is going to do well. Good luck and let's keep in touch.

Beautylocs

hi ladies... at least i'm assuming we're all ladies.. just wanted to pass along a tip that's helped me with the shoulder pain. my mom has been massaging my back and doing a light (but strong) tapping motion along my upper back and shoulders and that seems to help break up the gas and alleviate the shoulder pain. that combined with a couple gas x strips a day and i'm ok.

my incision scars are painful and i have to be careful not to move to quickly when i get up or sit down. i'm flying to seattle today from Mexico and really not looking forward to it. i hope it's not too uncomfortable.

i'm glad to hear you're all doing really well considering...

I agree! The bloating is pretty bad today. The gas-x strips don't seem to be helping me much. I think I will have hubby try the tapping thing Babe mentioned. (Thanks Babe!) :wink:

NCsQueen~ I am all for the weekly weigh-in. I can't wait till Monday to see how much I have lost. I gained pre-surgery, with all my nervous-eating. LOL! :mad2:

Anyone else having trouble getting comfortable? I can't find a chair that I can comfortably sit in. I tried to prop myself up on my bed, but that just makes the pressure in my tummy unbearable. I can't lay down flat, or on my side. It is annoying!

Ah well, enough of my griping! Hope everyone has a good nite and feels better tomorrow!

Hugs,

Congratulations to everyone! Sounds like everyone made it thru with flying colors! My surgery was scheduled for 7:20 am, i ran a few minutes late getting in there as they couldn't get an iv site started. But once that got in, i was on my way, and it was all good.

I've had little pain, in my shoulder, i found a heating pad helps alleviate that. I'm sore on my incisions but nothing too bad.

Yesterday was a blah day, feeling tired and sore, had a hard time drinking much of anything. Today I'm feeling much more like myself. Finding it much easier to drink.

We are part of a very elite group now, congrats everyone!

How is everyone doing today?

I am doing pretty good. I feel really tired however. I am having protien shake problems. I find it hard to drink so many shakes! My tummy gets way too full. So far I am only averaging 15 oz of Protein a day.

(I know, that is way to low!)

I just don't know how to get it all in!

Hugs & Healing to everyone!!

hey shelly,

i'm impressed that you're getting so much Protein in so soon. i'm still on Clear Liquids, and there's only so much broth and Protein Water i can have. i get really tired in the afternoons but i hope that will change once i start having Soups, Protein shakes and yogurt in the next couple of days. the first few days were fairly tolerable... not too much shoulder pain or gas. but today, i feel so gassy and my stomach has gotten really bloated. thankfully i still have little shoulder pain! the gas and bloating makes me feel like i'm pregnant. walking and gas x aren't helping like they used to. i hope this will pass soon!!!

Babe~ my worst days gas-wise were day 3 & 4. The gas-x never really helped me much. Walking did help a bit, but once I laid down, all the gas seemed to build up again. I started putting a heating pad on my belly, and that seemed to help a bit.

Friday I went w/ my Mom to GNC, to find different protiens I could swallow. I found Isopure, which comes in a glass bottle and one serving equals 40g of Protein. It tastes almost like gatorade, and comes in several flavors: punch, pineapple-orange and grape. I can get them down in about an hour, with no gagging! :(

I also found ProSlam27. It is about 3oz of liquid and comes in this silly little plastic bullet-shaped container. It has 27g of protein in those 3oz of liquid!! I found peach and fruit punch. I poured the peach into a glass of iced tea and it tasted just like a Snapple!! YUMMY! I couldn't believe I was ENJOYING a protein drink!! ;)

So, between the two, I can get in around 70g of protein each day, not including my "food." Awesome!

Hope this helps!

HUGS ALL!

Good afternoon ladies! I just wanted to see how everyone is feeling. I was feeling a lot better until today. My delayed time of the month decided to visit me. I don't know what it is about this time but I'm in so much pain. I always have really bad cramps but this time is almost unbearable. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow but I already told my hubby if it doesn't get better I'm not going. I hope everyone else is doing better.