Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Octuplets and SIX other children??!!!

OMG, someone call CPS, because this mom is really unable to take care of all hear kids and she lives in a fantasy. Three children are disabled, how can she meet their needs, while meeting the needs of 8 premie babies? :thumbdown:

She said she didn't consider food stamps welfare!

Apparently, in her twisted little mind, if you NEED it, it's not welfare. Never mind the fact that she PUT herself in this situation through no fault of the taxpayers. :thumbdown:

I want to add my two cents:

On Jan. 22, 2009 I have birth to a healthy baby girl who is result of invitro fertilization. I also have a 5 year daughter who was conceived the same way.

I agree that this is wrong on so many levels, and I hope that this doesn't put a negative light on invitro, but the doc who acted so irresponsablity in transferring 8 embroys into this lady. With both my invitro babies, we lost a twin. My RE would ONLY transfer two because of the good quality of the embryos. And the most he will transfer is 3, if you twist his arm.

I hope this lady receives some kind of support (meaning, taking care of the babies) from somewhere because ALL her kids are going to suffer and I do not want to see that happen. It's such a sad story. And I wish and hope there will be some good out of this.

Frankly, I'm hoping CPS investigates and considers taking them away to give to people who can raise them.

And a scary thought: What's to keep her from doing it AGAIN? Has ANYbody heard that 14 is enough? I haven't...

It seems like this case highlights the need for some regulation of the fertility industry. I really feel for Suleiman's mother; from all reports she sounds like she is at the end of her tether thanks to her whacko daughter. Speaking of which, have I got a match made in hell for her - howzabout octopussy and whacko Jacko????

It seems like this case highlights the need for some regulation of the fertility industry. I really feel for Suleiman's mother; from all reports she sounds like she is at the end of her tether thanks to her whacko daughter. Speaking of which, have I got a match made in hell for her - howzabout octopussy and whacko Jacko????

Problem is, Whacko is into prepubescent little boys. He may want to date some of her kids in a few years, but her? Nah, not his type. :thumbdown:

Problem is, Whacko is into prepubescent little boys. He may want to date some of her kids in a few years, but her? Nah, not his type. :thumbup:

Um, yep, my blonde...and now over morphined-mind(less). I forgot about that aspect of our Whacky Jacky. Thanks for reminding me, eh.

Did anyone see the interview tonight? She's crazier than I realized![/qu

I don't think she is crazy. She had 6 children and wanted another one. I have 7 children, and took in 3 more that I didn't deliver. While I believe that she was irresponsible to choose to have so many children without a father in the picture, I respect her decision not to abort the other 6 (so she thought) after she found out they were alive and well inside her. She wanted 1 more child, but had all her embryos put in because the chances of them all taking was very slim. (her words) She may be financially unable to do it all on her own right now, but I give her alot of credit for working towards her goals of going to school so she could better her situation for herself and the children later. What's wrong with that? Alot of people are single and have children. Alot of people don't have enough income to pay for everything themselves. Alot of people use foodstamps. Alot of people live at home with their parents for a while till they can get to a point where they can do it on their own. Alot of people have student loans. Isn't it her right to live in America and have it her way. She has a right to want a large family, just like any of us have a right to decide how many children we will have. If you complain about having to help her with your tax dollars, then you need to complain about EVERY person you help with your tax dollars. When I first was having children, I was eligible for WIC. (for those who don't know, WIC provides formula, milk and nutricious foods for women who are pregnant and children up to age 5) At one time, I was eligible for energy assistance, and for 2 winters in a row, had some help paying for oil to heat my home. I was also on welfare at age 19 (for 1 1/2 years) when I got pregnant with my first child. I was grateful to have that help back then. It has been 26 years since then, and I thank God that I have become much more financially able, but my point is, we've all been there to some extent or other. She, too, when she graduates school in 1 year will be able to support her children. She seemed to me to be a very loving mom to her kids. She will give them what they need most. A mothers love. Money isn't everything. They may not have the 'best' of things, but they will have a mom who loves them. I hope she succeeds and shows you all up.

IVF, in my opinion, would be fine if there was a way to keep from killing any unused fertilized eggs that have formed a human being. Some couples who use IVF do so after many failed attemps to get pregnant, and it is a blessing for them, but since life begins at conception, when you make babies in a dish and then discard those you don't use, it's murder. I feel that the industry needs to find a better way.

Until God can start showing up to put food on peoples tables instead of tax payers, people need to only have as many kids as they can afford. I dont care if god told you to have 40 kids or if he told you to build gods army or if you just want a huge household of kids, it is irresponsible to waste other peoples resources. I dont care what religion you are. That being said, I support welfare programs and wic and foodstamps. These programs serve a wonderful function to society and should be used, not abused. Having that many kids with no means to support them is irresponsible. You can throw around 'life begins at conception' all you want, the truth of the matter is, kids are expensive and resources on this planet are limited, ecpecially with as much as we waste. You dont have the right to claim religious reasons to have children other taxpayers have to support. Unless, of course, your god is going to meet you at the supermarket and pay for your groceries for you.