Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP from experienced bandsters..

Please help me. I have slimed but have just found out what PBing is. I feel like I still have something stuck and I have been PBing for about 20 minutes now. It is still hurting and still trying to go down, but slime is coming back up constantly. I have had to stop twice while typing this. Is this normal PBing?

Could I have something stuck in my pouch? Why would that hurt. Is this just something that happens when you really get stuck up high. How long might this go on?

PLEASE HELP!!

Sliming is when you are totally stuck, and can not swallow saliva naturally. If you lean over a sink while sliming, your mouth will drip like a faucet. It is pretty foul. PB=productive burp, you will belch up food and fluids. Almost like vomiting a little with every belch. None of this is pretty, but it means that you have eaten way to fast, to much, or have not chewed your food enough. It happens to the best of us, it has happend to me, but it will pass! There is a learning curve with eating and the band, and we all go through this process.

My advice? Walk, even if it is just up and down the steps. If you have it, many people have reported that pineapple juice will help disolve what has stuck. Others have suggested that small sips of warm Water, or hot tea, helps whatever is stuck to pass.

Once whatever is stuck passes, think about going light with your food choices for the next day or two, even going to liquids if possible. Getting stuck irritates the band and your pouch, and it is prudent to let your pouch heal and recover. Good luck!

I just found that I need to stay by the sink, bent over and let my body "slime" oh god yes it is gross and it doesn't feel good by any stretch of the imagination.

Sometimes it would take a while to stop, but you are not going to keel over and it is something you won't ever forget - however you may do it again!

I do feel for you!

I did pb until my band became too tight after my hysterectomy last month. What I learned was the sooner I realized something was stuck and not going down, I let it come on up. It took two episodes that last about an hour for me to know I wouldn't fight it again. The last time only lasted about 10 min.

If you don't think you took big bites or ate too fast, you may want to consider a small unfill to prevent future episodes. I didn't because I had 4 new incisions on my abdomen from the hysterectomy, 1 less than an inch from my port and I didn't want it pushed on.:bored:

It was chicken breast that I haven't had problems with before, but I will be more careful from now on!! I took too big of a bite I guess.

I took a hot shower and tried to calm down.

This morning I was starting my metabolism up about with a morningstar sausage. I a bite that was a tiny bit too big and it slowed me down. I started thinking maybe my fill from 2 1/2 weeks ago started tightening me up. I've alway been tighter in the evening....I guess so!

That is horrible! It sucked so bad. As soon as it passed I felt normal. I am going to take it easy tonight and tomorrow. Thank you and I hope I never do something stupid enough to make me feel like that again!!!!

>

Yeah, it could be your fill kicking in. Just be more aware now, but if you continue to have problems, please your doctor, because continued episodes of pbing can cause swelling. I am glad you are feeling better!

wow! I'm trying to get as much info as I can on lapband, and this kind of thing is discouraging or am I being a baby? I have a question, at my doctors office they have a support group for life thing that you pay 1000.00 for. My insurance pays for the placement of the band but I have to pay for the fills. How many fills do you need a year?? 1000 dollars is alot for me that is alot of fills.

wow! I'm trying to get as much info as I can on lapband, and this kind of thing is discouraging or am I being a baby? I have a question, at my doctors office they have a support group for life thing that you pay 1000.00 for. My insurance pays for the placement of the band but I have to pay for the fills. How many fills do you need a year?? 1000 dollars is alot for me that is alot of fills.

If that takes care of all your fills for life, it sounds like a decent deal. Fill prices depend on the doctor. Ask to see how much each fill is, but I have heard anywhere from 150-350 from most people on here. My surgeon, I think, charges patients that he didn't band 250.

Remember it sometimes takes 3-4 to get ANY restriction at all, and then even after you hit your "sweet spot" you made need small fills to tweak it and keep you there. If you are paying each time you go, you are less likely to do that.

Don't be discourage because I am stupid! :bored: This is the first time this has happened to me and it was because I wasn't taking small enough bites.

I am three months out today. I have lost 60 lbs exactly from my pre-op weight. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself! I was self pay at $9950 and the first 3 months of fills are free and $15 after that. That is really unusual! My doctor fills until I feel restriction and then pulls back a little. Some doctors only put in a set amount (0.5cc each time) I've only needed 2 fills others have needed 7 or 8 to find the sweet spot. Many people don't have restriction until 2 or 3.

Keep researching! This is a great thing!