Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cleaned my closet - it played on my mind.

Hey!

Over the weekend - I cleaned out my closet of all my old sizes and getting my clothes ready for a local plus size consignment shop. As I was cleaning I got weird waves of "o’ my God" - I can't believe I can get rid of these clothes and kept measuring them up to my body to ensure I wasn't delusional.

It’s been so many years that my sizes were going up and up and I had to buy clothes for occasions and work as I needed them. Don’t get me wrong its great feeling to say goodbye to the larger sizes but I just had this overwhelming feeling of disbelief that I am finally losing weight.

I guess I can say I am afraid – but at the same time loving the change and good health!

Thanks I need to unload that!

Christina

I totally understand. I freak when I fold my new sized clothes, I see them and wonder whose they are. Then I figure they shrunk in the wash!

Yes - me too - when I look at my size 10 jeans I can hardly believe it! My goal is size 6 - I hope to be there by May 2009.

You look great!

Christina

Hello!

I so know exactly what you mean. We got a flyer last month for clothing, etc. pick in January. This gave a chance to stop making excuses and go ahead clean my closet of all the 'many' sizes in it. I had 2 extremely large bags filled to the brim! They were picked up over a week ago.

I looked in my closet this weekend and I am amazed there are still some things that too big and I just can't really wrap my head around my new size and 'believe' it.

Thanks for sharing... it made me think.

I have cleaned my closet out a few times since Feb. I have a small question I have bought every other size of the Lane Bryant right fit jeans well yesterday I bought the smallest size they carry at Lane Bryant and I was wondering where to go from there? Can anyone tell me who carries the misses size Right Fit? They really fit me well since my waist is small compared to my butt.

Right now, I have a pile of clothes sitting in my closet that I can no longer wear. I haven't donated them yet, because I just love watching the pile grow. I'm going to hang onto my roomiest pair of pants, just as a reminder of how far I've come.

Congratulations on the closet clearing. I hope to be there soon. Yesterday was the first day I tried on any older clothes. I was really surprised at the things that are fitting me again. Like someone above said, it's kind of scary because I keep thinking while I got down to fit in to these once and got fat again, maybe I shouldn't get rid of anything.

I have cleaned my closet out a few times since Feb. I have a small question I have bought every other size of the Lane Bryant right fit jeans well yesterday I bought the smallest size they carry at Lane Bryant and I was wondering where to go from there? Can anyone tell me who carries the misses size Right Fit? They really fit me well since my waist is small compared to my butt.

I'm not sure about the Right Fit jeans but I'm built like that also, and back when I was smaller I really used to like the jeans from New York & Co. You might want to check them out.

Hello!

I so know exactly what you mean. We got a flyer last month for clothing, etc. pick in January. This gave a chance to stop making excuses and go ahead clean my closet of all the 'many' sizes in it. I had 2 extremely large bags filled to the brim! They were picked up over a week ago.

I looked in my closet this weekend and I am amazed there are still some things that too big and I just can't really wrap my head around my new size and 'believe' it.

Thanks for sharing... it made me think.

Thanks Faith! That's exactly it - I can't believe it but I am very happy about it. As I go down in sizes it feels like a gift - I want forever!

I know Kohl's sells some jeans made by Lee's that are "right fit" - I have a few pairs I enjoy.

I know how you feel. Every other time I have dieted and lost weight I haven't had the courage to throw out my large clothes and each time i grew back into them.

This time is different, I have been ruthless and two large sack fulls have gone to the charity shop.

I have kept a couple of things so when I get to my goal weight I can have one of those pictures of a skinny me in my huge old pair of trousers (well thats the plan anyway). It is rather unsettling parting with some old friends from my closet though and I don't have that many things in the size I am wearing now.

No way I am shopping for any more until I get to the next size down.

Sue

Same here;

I've had to clean my closet several times. Went from a 20 to a 12. I have bought pants at Macy's. Always from the Clearance rack. I also have bought size 10 pants,but don't have them in the closet,because they don't fit yet...

I had to give away 20 pairs of shoes,because I went down a size..

It is unbelievable how this has happened,but we can do it!!!

Can't wait to be an 8!:thumbup:

I live in Ohio and usually about this time I put away all of my summer clothes and pull out my fall/winter stuff. This time around it was a bit different. I didn't put away my summer clothes. I put them into 30 gallon trash bags (3 of them) to be traded for smaller sizes when the weather warms up again. I then decided to also go thru my fall/winter clothes. I ended up w/ another 2 trash bags full. I also ended up w/ about 10 pairs of shoes added to the pile. I kept reminding myself that it is ok to get rid of all these clothes because (for the first time in my life) they are TOO BIG. :sad:

Hi Christina40, Where are you at now size-wise? I'm the same height as you - 5'2", and I can wear 10's to 14's. I've always been curvy. Just curious.

And to add my comments - I always felt this false sense of refuge in plus size clothing stores (never mind that more times then not the sales clerks were thin). A couple of months ago I was early for an appointment and went window shopping. The shop I went into was a clothing boutique and no sooner then I walked in I realized it was a plus-size clothing store. I felt so out of place. What a great feeling!

I definitely can relate to what you are going through. I was freaked out too when I finally decided to clean out my closet and the overflow of clothes that had. Since the age of 18 (39 when had surgery) I was a size 26/28 and then graduated to a 30/32 for some items. Today I am a 16 and some 18's. Back then I never imagined it and now it is hard to believe I actually wore some of that stuff. I tried on some things that I remembered buying and wearing regularly. It actually made me cry when reality hit me that I really was that big for many many years. I hated to part with some of it but I made myself do it because I do not intend on filling those big clothes back out again. I shared a few things with a cousin but the majority of it went to Goodwill because it was too big for anyone that I knew.