Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling All MARCH '09 Bandsters - We need a name!

I just pray I am not going to freak on this liquid thing, I have controlled the panic eating before the liquid diet pretty OK, hope that helps to adjust better! My prayers go up for you all to have strength and peace during all of this! Faith is not always a loud roar, it is sometimes that still quiet voice saying, I will try again tomorrow! Nancy

I finely got my surgery date 3/23. YEAH!!!!!

Hi all!! I'm excited to join the LUCKY LOSERS!! I have jumped through all of the hoops set out by my insurance company over the last six months and have been officially approved!! My surgery date is March 14th. Anyone on (or near) the same day want to be 'buddies' and check in with each other during the post-op??

I'm starting my liquid diet next week. Thinking about the Atkins shakes. Optifast sounds great, but it's sooo expensive. Any preference?

Hi all you Lucky Losers. Is anyone mixing their own shakes?

I am, its much cheaper. I am using Body Fitness whey Protein. I mix it with skim milk. It comes in vanilla and chocolate and tastes like a milkshake w/o the ice cream. I buy it at Walmart. Good Luck to all who are starting the pre-op diet.

Anya

Lucky Friday the 13th of March here!

I've gone over this entire thread and have only found 3 other LUCKY people that are listed as having theirs on such a LUCKY date.

El Diablo

AmandaS

sun and sand

I don't know about them, but I'm sure glad to see that the name for the March bandsters was chosen to be "Lucky Loosers"! Especially seeing as how we got such a LUCKY DAY!

I can't wait! As of right now I'm not scared, nervous or anything. I figure that if I can survive going through surgery to donate one of my kidneys, darn it I can do ANYTHING! :)

ok i just spent way too much time reading the band erosion thread. can someone calm me down please and tell me that surgery is a good thing? i'm so freaked out!

#1. as you can see I've not had mine done yet so I'm no expert.

But.... if you will also read and pay attention to how many post there are here that have had little or no trouble what so ever!

So have positive thoughts.... I'll admit that I was reading that too a few weeks ago. Heck I was ready to just flat out go with doing a bypass. But this makes more sense. Hang in there. We will all do this together.

Okay, here it is...day 2 of the pre-op diet and all I can say for now is that it's not as bad as I had imagined. My doctor/nut have allowed the following:

5-6 Carnation Instant Breakfasts (no sugar kind) made with skim or non-flavored soy milk, broth, Jello and popsicles.

What is everyone else doing? I would be interested to hear. I have to be on this diet for 2 weeks. Surgery scheduled for 3/9.

I am Suzanne in Big D and have my lapband scheduled for March. They said I will not be on a liquid diet until the week before surgery. I am 275 lbs at 5'4" !!! What was your diet like prior to surgery? I am getting nervous about the surgery and my ability to stop snacking. Any suggestions? Also, my husband and I are used to eating out since our schedules get us home too late to cook. Any suggestions?

mbsg, i'm also being banded on the 9th and i'm losing it on this liquid diet. i cheated tonight (which i'm sick about) b/c i came home from work utterly starving and ready to faint, and my roommate had chicken straight from the oven. i ate a piece, and can't believe i did that. maybe i have to try the carnation breakfasts, where did you buy them?

hmmm i live in manhattan and we don't have walmarts here. i'll look around in the local drug stores.

i'm supposed to be on a liquid 1,000 cal diet. 5 shakes a day with 2 cups of vegetables allowed if i'm hungry. today i ate some salad with fat free sugar free dressing, two shakes in the afternoon, one piece of chicken and some chicken Soup broth. i am probably still under 1,000 cals but the chicken was a definite cheat. hopefully i will be able to stay on just liquids for the next 12 days and the cheating from this early won't matter.