Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimband formerly TLBC Clinic Toronto On

Hanbe, I concur with your frustration. The make over at TLBC is less than welcoming. I also sense the chill when communicating with them. I don't contact them that often but when I do I would hope that I will not have to jump through hoops to get what I need.

I became frustrated with the new website. No user friendly. There is also a slant to rewarding good behavior. The more good stuff you post the more priviliges you get.. Sad to say it seems to be more about sales than support...

Hanbe, I concur with your frustration. The make over at TLBC is less than welcoming. I also sense the chill when communicating with them. I don't contact them that often but when I do I would hope that I will not have to jump through hoops to get what I need.

I became frustrated with the new website. No user friendly. There is also a slant to rewarding good behavior. The more good stuff you post the more priviliges you get.. Sad to say it seems to be more about sales than support...

EMEP,

The new website is modeled very similarly to this one... it seems to be a trend with posting boards that they are all going to a similar format to this one. As I posted to Doddie, if you look at how they are built they are built almost the same... this one you don't count the forum entry screen to access whatever forum you want for most people... so it seems like myslimband has more entries. But if you find Lapbandtalk easy you should find myslimband pretty easy to navigate too.

I am not sure what you mean by more privileges? I have had good experiences with Slimband since before it was TLBC even but I have said that. I have been at goal for over 5 years now so I am not in for fills often but the staff members I have had to deal with for fills are awesome to me anyway (that is about once a year) and when my port was moved in Oct the staff was really good not just to me but in keeping my mom informed and making sure she had something to eat since she was waiting for me longer than we though and she has diabetes. So I will say my experience is limited since I am not filling and defilling all the time, but what experiences I have had have been good for the majority and I don't have more privileges than anyone else.

Good luck on your journey, and I hope it is going well for you

Heather

Thanks Heather,

I don't live in Toronto but four hours away. I do get down for busitiess from time to time .My issue is that this faciltity is becoming GTA Centric. I used to be able to drop into Jill's groups without registering because of my reality. For istance I could participate in any session if I was in town as my schedule is unpredictible. I don't believe this latitude is currently available. To their credit they are attempting outreach for fills but it is still 1.5 hours from home for me. For many reasons Toronto is more convenient.

I have not needed a fill for months. I agree that the previous system was flawed. However it doesn't sound like the new process in much better as it could lead to never ending telephone tag. On the rare occassions I need a fill or defill, I don't have much lattitude in terms of time frame. I realize this is as much my problems as theirs. However, before I has the proceedure I was assured that I could be accomodated. Moreover, the aftercare pitch is what sold me on this clinic.

Perhaps I expect too much, but for the first 8 months they exceeded my expectations.

As far as the website is concerned, I have to disagree. I am not a newbie when it comes to the internet and I believe the site could be better. I don't see the similarities with this one. I also find the postings to be sanatized and sweet compared this one and there are portions of the site that are by invitation only. For instance blogging. It seems to be more about the sales pitch than anything else.

At first I was excited about the slimband site. But that soon turned to frustration and I haven't been there in months. Maybe I should check it out again in the future but still don't think I would find it a good fit.

This is the last time I will post on this issue. My entire weight loss experience has been very postive. I guess I'm feeling a little isolated and I'm disapointed that the website did not meet my needs or expectations. I will have to find an alternative support systems.

Thanks Heather,

I don't live in Toronto but four hours away. I do get down for busitiess from time to time .My issue is that this faciltity is becoming GTA Centric. I used to be able to drop into Jill's groups without registering because of my reality. For istance I could participate in any session if I was in town as my schedule is unpredictible. I don't believe this latitude is currently available. To their credit they are attempting outreach for fills but it is still 1.5 hours from home for me. For many reasons Toronto is more convenient.

I have not needed a fill for months. I agree that the previous system was flawed. However it doesn't sound like the new process in much better as it could lead to never ending telephone tag. On the rare occassions I need a fill or defill, I don't have much lattitude in terms of time frame. I realize this is as much my problems as theirs. However, before I has the proceedure I was assured that I could be accomodated. Moreover, the aftercare pitch is what sold me on this clinic.

Perhaps I expect too much, but for the first 8 months they exceeded my expectations.

As far as the website is concerned, I have to disagree. I am not a newbie when it comes to the internet and I believe the site could be better. I don't see the similarities with this one. I also find the postings to be sanatized and sweet compared this one and there are portions of the site that are by invitation only. For instance blogging. It seems to be more about the sales pitch than anything else.

At first I was excited about the slimband site. But that soon turned to frustration and I haven't been there in months. Maybe I should check it out again in the future but still don't think I would find it a good fit.

This is the last time I will post on this issue. My entire weight loss experience has been very postive. I guess I'm feeling a little isolated and I'm disapointed that the website did not meet my needs or expectations. I will have to find an alternative support systems.

EMEP,

Do what you need to get support. I do live in the GTA but I travel about 300 days a year for my job so I have never been able to do the boot camps etc. Mind you when I was banded they didn't exist... what I have found as a whole the most successful long term bandsters I know have taken advantage of what they can for support groups but really the onus is on them and they made themselves the successes they have maintained etc.

So the website, courses etc are great and they do help but it is all on our own shoulders to do the work and succeed no one cares are much as we do about ourselves!

Good luck and I hope you get what you need from sources you need to get them from where ever that is.

Heather

Emep:

I have not been on this site or the old tlbc site in several weeks. Life, ya know. Anyhow, I am shocked to see all the angry and frustrated dialogue. Doubly shocked to see anyone thinking Heather is a "plant" - I know that is ridiculous. I have been on this site for years and she has always given helpful and eloquent advice, to me and to others. (Now Jane, on the other hand....) Anyhow, I also was not able to participate in all the old programs, but did get a lot of support from Jill, and I am sad to not have that open access that I was used to. I have not had any imformation about the new "organization" except from the pages of Canada Lapbandtalk, and eventually will try to tap into the new programs. I am lucky enough to live in the GTA, but sympathize with your frustration. It is true that you must find support wherever you can. I know that we on this site will do what we can to help you, and I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Emep:

I have not been on this site or the old tlbc site in several weeks. Life, ya know. Anyhow, I am shocked to see all the angry and frustrated dialogue. Doubly shocked to see anyone thinking Heather is a "plant" - I know that is ridiculous. I have been on this site for years and she has always given helpful and eloquent advice, to me and to others. (Now Jane, on the other hand....) Anyhow, I also was not able to participate in all the old programs, but did get a lot of support from Jill, and I am sad to not have that open access that I was used to. I have not had any imformation about the new "organization" except from the pages of Canada Lapbandtalk, and eventually will try to tap into the new programs. I am lucky enough to live in the GTA, but sympathize with your frustration. It is true that you must find support wherever you can. I know that we on this site will do what we can to help you, and I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Lisa,

Thanks.. I appreciate the kind words. Regardless if we are close or far some of us have issues getting to the clinic.. and even if we can it is still all on us to do the work and meet our goals. And I really do hope everyone everywhere gets to theirs.

Heather

Hanabe ,this might make your life easier slimband set up a fills email where you can email your preference for a time for a fill.

I know for a tech geek like me it makes it so much easier... i will always send an email over picking up the phone since I loath the phone.

the email address was fills@slimband.com, and hopefully for those who mentioned they didn't want to suffer through phone tag this will help out.

Heather

I agree, the myslimband website is very very poor. I'm quite proficient with computers so its not a matter of "getting used to it". I found the old tlbc website was easier to navigate. What is really surprising, is that there is no "help" or "contact us" button on the site. It just doesn't function naturally.

Does anyone know Jodi's email address? or her last name?

I posted a separate thread, and susieq kindly responded with some helpful advice - but I still would like the address if anyone has it.

if any one has dr. yaus emergency contact number could you private message it to me...i cant find his card and fear a slip...i cant even keep hot Water down.

if any one has dr. yaus emergency contact number could you private message it to me...i cant find his card and fear a slip...i cant even keep hot Water down.

Dr Yau, will tell you to go to the local emergency if you can't swallow or keep anything down. Usually slips allow you to still drink and eat unless your band slips up and closes things off. If you are close to Scarborough Grace head there since that is his local hospital and you have a very slim chance of him being on call.

If you can't swallow do not mess around with this get yourself to any hospital quickly dehydration can become very serious very quickly do not wait to talk to Dr Yau. If you want to call me I can tell you about my experience with slips 424 558 1814 I am heading into the mountains for the day so I am not sure if I will have cell reception.

Good luck and I hope you are ok

Heather

I have to agree, that while I have figured it out, that I don't think that the slimband site is user friendly either. I work with computers and websites all day and I've had to create a bookmark for the forum section and the main pages as I couldn't find a link from one to the other. They say they've made improvements and I hope that addresses that issue.

It is a benefit to have the nutritionists chiming in from time to time though in the forums.

And has anyone participated in the online chats? The one that I participated in with Jodi was billed as "Ask our nutritionist questions about your progress and anything about diet and nutrition" or something similar. I left in frustration after about twenty minutes after reading all the other "crap" about what movies people had seen etc. When I asked a question, someone asked me who I was addressing! I thought "I thought this was to ask the nutritionist a question!" Have other chats been more about what the topic is intended? Surely those people can have chats with their friends at other times? With all the other cross conversations going on, I never got an answer in the end.

Maybe I'm more conscious of my time and don't have the patience but if the chats are hijacked as get togethers, I feel that defeats the purpose of them.

Mary

Someone said that they were going to post details of what Jill is doing now? her new support and sales of metagenics? What is the title of that thread?

Thanks,

Mary

Holty,

Did you make out ok?

Heather

I am officially at goal! -45 lbs! :blushing:

I agree, the myslimband website is very very poor. I'm quite proficient with computers so its not a matter of "getting used to it". I found the old tlbc website was easier to navigate. What is really surprising, is that there is no "help" or "contact us" button on the site. It just doesn't function naturally.

Does anyone know Jodi's email address? or her last name?

I posted a separate thread, and susieq kindly responded with some helpful advice - but I still would like the address if anyone has it.

i posted to Jodi on the slimband site here you go

jodi@slimband.com