Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well it's over and I'm home from the hosp.

Well its done and now I'm asking myself why I did this. I stayed an extra

night in the hospital. I was very naucious and in alot of pain. It's only

day 3 and I think if I have another carnation instant Breakfast I'm gonna

puke. I can't stand that nasty after taste with everything. I don't know

how I'm going to do this for 3 weeks. Today the gas set in and I was in

agony. I can get over the pain its the drinks I can't seem to get through.

All I can tolerate is a few ounces of anything then I want to explode.

Help I need some words of encouragement.

This is to be expected. Re-read all the posts from new bandsters and you'll be reminded that this is exactly how it goes and usually by the 5th day or so the world becomes new again. Once you see those pounds begin to come off and you feel lighter on your feet you remember what you did this for. Hopefully, you did all the research necessary to know what was to come and you knew what you were getting into and you did it because you were sick and tired of being sick and tired and unhealthy. Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip, take your gas-x, walk some more. Get prepared for ongoing exercise classes/routines, start thinking about the new clothes you want to buy once you've reached size x.. buy a bicycle, take up crocheting, anything to get your mind off food. Remember, this is only temporary. You'll gradually get back into solid foods and you WILL NOT die without them in the meantime. Everyone here has forged through this step and everyone thought they couldn't make it, but they did and they found that they were better off because of it. Try new things, chai tea with carb countdown is great and has lots of Protein too.. Atkins shakes are pretty good, EAS Advantage shakes are good.. many make up their own concoctions.. you can do it!

Hi May, I'm glad your home :)

You did this so you can get healthy, bottom line. Just remember these days will pass and you'll be feeling good and losing weight in no time. Hang in there.

Hugs and Kisses

WELCOME HOME!!!

I know all too well that feeling of regret. I ended up with a huge hematoma after surgey & 2 months out am still bruised. BUT You are going to feel progress with everyday that goes by in the first week. For sure!!! Just get up even if it hurts & walk- walk walk around the house if you can't go outside. The second week will be a little slower progress but still better with everyday. But the end of the 2nd week you will feel stronger & lighter & know that you did the right thing. As to the drinks I liked Boost-high Protein drinks- I got them at Taget & Walmart. They are great really cold & the first month I had to wake up around 3 am everynite & drink a few gulps of one. My stomach was very sore inside & needed that liquid covering in the very early hours the first month. Now I sleep just fine all the way through-except having to use the bathroom twice each nite;0) You'll be better today & even more tomorrow- hang in there. It does get easier-really!

They are right, it gets better every day! I had problems with gas for about 9 days out, but I found out I wasn't walking enough. So important to do that. Do get down on yourself, it is too early for that. When you see the pounds slipping away, you will know you did the right thing. I promise!

Walk, Walk,

hugs,

You may want to try "Unjury" Protein Powder. I ordered mine today at unjury.com, so I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard from several people that it's wonderful. You can dissolve the unflavored kind in sugar free Jello (there's a recipe on their website), or just dissolve it in any liquid. I've also struggled with the Protein Shakes, so I'm hoping this works better for me. Good luck with your recovery!

I hope that you feel better and your outlook will improve. It wil get easier each day.

Good luck.

Welcome home May and things will get better for you with each day. you will look back in a few weeks and be glad you did this and that the hardest recovery time is over. The first 6 weeks were really hard for me too.just keep telling your self that you did this for a reason and that was to be healthy and that you made the right choice. You will soon see those pounds coming off on the scale and the pain you feel now will be a distant memory compared to the way you will be starting to feel about the new you to come!!! Hang in there!!!

Girlfriend, I hear you loud and clear about those nasty, disgusting Protein drinks!!! I am on my pre-op diet and have spent the last few days drinking the Protein drinks and gagging/puking while I research a better way to approach this pre-op diet. I am very happy to say that I feel confident with "my" pre-op diet and it might help you in post-op as I hope it helps me....

I am using GNC, Soy Protein, unflavored, unsweetened powder. It comes in a jug like plastic container. It holds 30 scoops = 13 gm protein/scoop and costs $12.99. It is pure protein. (I am required to have carbs on my pre-op diet, so I get them from the soup!) I am putting it in broth, pureed Soup and SF Jello. There truly is no flavor, no grit, no SMELL....it does turn broth/broth Soup a tad creamy.

P.S. Down 11.4 pounds since Wednesday.....YEAH, YEAH, YEAH....I already feel like a healthier person!!!