Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No appetite...how long did it take yours to comeback?

Hey all,

So I was banded yesterday and all went well. I am feeling great, I am up moving around and even took our little Yorkie on a short walk this morning!

The weird thing is that I have absolutely NO APPETITE.(Shocker!!!) I am super thirsty because my throat is so dry, but not hungry at all...

Did a lot of you experience this and when did your appetite come back? I am having to force myself to try to get in some sips of my Protein Drinks, but I really don't even want to drink them...:tongue:

KawasakiChick, I was banded on the 9th and about 5 days after surgery i began to feel hungry. Or at least my stomach made some sounds. I know its hard but i really tried to get Water and the Protein Shakes down! GOOD LUCK!!! Eb

I was banded on the 6th. It took about a week for me to start feeling real hunger. Then a half cup of blended up Soup and I was good! I have to say that it's real important to take your protien shakes and Vitamins. I am two weeks post-op and I have never felt better. I attribute it to all the good going in over the past two weeks. I have been getting 100% of all I need. I probably never did when I was eating so much b4 this started.

I have been telling my friends that I feel like the bionic woman! I have extra parts now that help me. Keeping me full after a little bit of food?!?! That's extraordinary! Especially for some one like me who could eat a whole box of cheeze itz in one night and still have room for ice cream!

I am just thrilled with my new super powers! When I get hungry now. I puree up some Soup or have cottage cheese. 1/2 cup, eaten very slowly, savoring each little curd, fills me up. Man this is great.

I guess my point is, be thrilled that you are not hungry - this is the new you! Own it and use it to your good benefit. But remember to get enough fluids. (I got dehydrated the third day after surgery) And your shakes will make you super healthy!

Hey all,

So I was banded yesterday and all went well. I am feeling great, I am up moving around and even took our little Yorkie on a short walk this morning!

The weird thing is that I have absolutely NO APPETITE.(Shocker!!!) I am super thirsty because my throat is so dry, but not hungry at all...

Did a lot of you experience this and when did your appetite come back? I am having to force myself to try to get in some sips of my Protein drinks, but I really don't even want to drink them...:thumbup:

Girl I so feel you! I cant drink much at all, and im never hungry. I take a few sips and Im done. The only thing bothering me is my chest pain. Its not bad but its there! I do think its where they repaired my h/hernia.

Hey we will never forget the day we were banded, it was a HISTORIC day! I couldnt wait to get home to see all the coverage!

It took me about 5 days to feel anything resembling hunger. I was in pain and had a bad allergic reaction to the tape around the incisions and the stuff that they stick on you to monitor your vitals. I felt no hunger pains until I felt better. There were also days that I was nauseous. I have medicine now for that.

hi kawasaki and all good to hear from you! I got home last night and am doing good too. walking is fine though getting up from chair or back down, still a pain. i'm gonna take it easy around my home the next two days.

no hunger at all here too. i'm just taking my pain medicine with some applesauce and then forcing myself to sip fluids here and there. not feeling hungry is ok with me. it makes me feel like this is gonna work for me. till the banding, i was able to eat anything even when i wasn't hungry but this feeling now - lack of appetite - wouldn't allow me to eat even without hunger. i hope this is what restriction will do for me. my energy level is ok, although i need to push in my Vitamins, Protein and liquid. otherwise, i feel good!! i'm glad i can finally say, 'i'm banded'!

good luck to all of you. i felt chest pains too but that is much better now. i hear the gas can be pretty bad!!

hi everyone this is day 9 post-op an i still don,t feel hungry i sip my protien Water all day. to stay hydrated. my stomach growl but no pain.go to the doctor for my first two week visit.wishing everyone well.

At 4am this morning i was asking myself "why did I do this"! I was so sick this am, i felt like i was going to throw up. I dont know why, but I got up and took my meds to keep me from being sick. It wasnt a good feeling. I feel better but im still very sore. I sipped a lil broth and a lil Water. But I feel like there is something stuck in the center of my chest. Anyone else feel this?

Thanks everyone! I guess it's more common than I thought! I'm enjoying not being hungry, and I haven't stepped back on the scale sine the morning of surgery, but I plan on doing so when my appetite picks up. I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised to see the results. :thumbup:

I guess for now I'll keeping sipping on Crystal Light, Protein drinks and SF popsicles to keep my throat from getting too dry.

Thanks everyone, hope you are all doing well!

nikki, your chest symptoms are normal. it scared me too in the hospital and i told them that i'm having chest pains, but they checked me out and they said it's gas and/or from the surgery and will go away. it got better though it still comes and goes and gets better after i walk around a bit. good luck - feel better. you're gonna forget these tough days and boy will you be happy you did this!

Thanks Liz. Im a lil better now. After a shower i did feel better. I still have gas pains in my chest, and port site. I ate a lil yogurt today and some Protein Drinks. A lil at a time. I cant get even 2 oz in. Im sure this will change when the swelling goes down. Hope everyone is doing good.

I got banded yesterday the 21st, and can say I too feel real no hunger. I have made myself have the Protein drinks and today also slowly finshed a slimfast drink. I am thankful that my surgery went very good. In at 6:00am surgery at 8:30am out of hospital at 3:00 pm No real pain, although I am doing the pain med every 6 hours just in case something does kick in. I was able to take a short walk outside last nite, and drove today. No real gas pain, or shoulder pain. I am so thankful, Dr. Swartz in Fresno, cA is the best!!!:biggrin: More later. Glad to hear from the New Yr's Hotties, good luck, take good care:thumbup:

I am so excited!

It took me about 5 days and even now I am not as hungry as I was preop of course. Enjoy the feeling now because now when i get hungry, I GET HUUUUUNGRY!

Yesterday was tough, not sure how to adjust to the eating?? I had my watery oatmeal (protein), slimfast at lunch..but then I was still feeling not too full....i think? I dont know if it was just gas pains in tummy, need to go to the bathroom. Any way got a sugar free pudding and yogurt and that did it! full. I did go to the bathroom......boom boom!! but relief! sorry too much info!:thumbdown: Night dinner was a can of slimfast...go to bed felt much better this morning. hunger much more controlable this morning...watery oatmeal and some of my Protein Water so far. Think the rest of the week will be some work, go to doc on the 27th.:lol: