Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Turned into a Junk Food Junkie

Ok... I know that line sounds really harsh.. But it seems that all I want to eat right now is BBQ chips and Hershey's chocolate. The funny thing is I NEVER at this before I had the surgery.

Once I had wls I have craved BBQ chips more than anything. I even have talked to my doctor about it.

But then Christmas came along and I tasted some chocolate and the flood gates opened.

Yesterday I decided that this has to stop, but then last night came and the BBQ chips had to be found. I swear its worse than being pregnant.

Please don't go off on me, I know I shouldn't do it. And criticizing me isn't going to help. I just wanted to put it down in writing so it will set in to my conscience that this has to STOP:cursing: . So say a prayer for me... Believe it or not I haven't gained but it sure isn't helping me lose...

Thank for listening...

I know what you're going through. Christmas came along and I too started eating basically whatever was put in front of me. I mananged to not gain anything but for the last 6 weeks I haven't lost either. I keep eating candy and need to stop.

Over the weekend, I finally made myself get back on my treadmill and did 45 minutes Saturaday and Sunday and I've also started journaling my food intake again today in hopes that will help keep me accountable, maybe you should start logging your food also. Come on we didn't do this band for nothing, let's make today a new day and get off on the right foot, you can do it!!!

This happens to me sometimes too, who knows why?

All I can say is thank goodness we dont have that Hershey's chocolate here anymore, it came out on the market briefly but bombed here becuase nobody liked it. We have Cadbury's. That's even HARDER to give up!

Occasionally, if I have a day like this, I will just go with it. Nine times out of ten, its becuase I'm premenstrual. but when it stretches into days, its a problem, its really just a matter of dig in your heels, resist and fill yourself up with good foods instead. After a few days the urge tends to lessen if you can avoid the trigger foods.

Your not alone. I was doing great then had some fudge and then Cookies, a little of this a bite of that. Yes you have company. I gained 6 lbs back. YIKES So I have started back to being a better bandster, I am doing a sugar detox this week, and In have a fill scheduled for Thursday. (it's been a year since my last one) I'm ready!!!

Good luck to you, you can do this!!

Yeah...Me too. My doctor told me it was normal due to being a female with out of control hormones.

I did happen to loose 4 extra lbs the week after Xmas. Had my surgery on Sept. 15, 2007 and have lost a total of 65 lbs. Near my target weight of 127. I love hearing everyones personal stories...I now know I am not alone.

Hi there! I am never going to judge anyone who has food cravings! totally with you there, I am currently going throught the process of getting banded (I get my surgery date on Thursday) and this thread has raised some of the main issues I am having. What is the difference between being banded or not? It seems there are the same difficulties and hardships of dealing with food addiction as a standard everyday diet except you are also dealing with issues around the band eg: tightness reflux surgery etc. I understand the band is just to help but it doesnt really seem the case - it just adds its own set of problems. Let me know what you guys think.

OMG is this side effect...because I too want BBQ chips and chocolate...I have been BAD but did not gain anything...My fill last week was cancelled by the DAMN dietician...skinny bitch...I wanted to slap her face off!!!

OMG is this side effect...because I too want BBQ chips and chocolate...I have been BAD but did not gain anything...My fill last week was cancelled by the DAMN dietician...skinny bitch...I wanted to slap her face off!!!

Wow, that's a rather...um....extreme response. :scared2:

Did she provide you with a reason? I am sure it wasn't on a whim.

Well Ladies, even guys have this issue.

I logged on to start my own panic thread, as I have gained 5lbs in the past 10 days, and I am in panic mode. Since June 2008, I have not had 10 days where I didn't loose any weight, so doing a gain is killing me.

Tried a broccoli salad for lunch, and couldn't keep it down. Total calories today so far is 0, which I know is not good. Can't wait for dinner. I have a fill scheduled for Feb 5, but I wanted to loose more weight before then, not gain it!

Add me to your prayers.

DBK

Yep, I am having the same troubles. For me it is Pringles. Got to get them out of the house. Seems like these cravings started at Christmas, probably because I got lax about my eating plan. I really need to get back in the swing of things, but it has been a struggle.

Oh my, shaking my head in disbelief! Oh no not at you all, but the fact that Jacqui said Hershey chocolate bombed downunder. What!Really??? Who would have thought Hershey's would bomb anywhere. I'm just kidding by the way, my attempt at lame humor.

Yes, I have cravings and when I do, I eat what I want. I never tell myself that something is off limits because that will make me want it more. We are only human.

I think you should seek help.. Serious.. no umm Serious.

Wow, that's a rather...um....extreme response. :wink2:

Did she provide you with a reason? I am sure it wasn't on a whim.

I am sure she intentionally rescheduled it so she could be skinnier the next time.

Well Ladies, even guys have this issue.

I logged on to start my own panic thread, as I have gained 5lbs in the past 10 days, and I am in panic mode. Since June 2008, I have not had 10 days where I didn't loose any weight, so doing a gain is killing me.

Tried a broccoli salad for lunch, and couldn't keep it down. Total calories today so far is 0, which I know is not good. Can't wait for dinner. I have a fill scheduled for Feb 5, but I wanted to loose more weight before then, not gain it!

Add me to your prayers.

DBK

confused.. If you can't keep Brocoli salad down should you be going in for a fill? I am just curious why you couldn't hold it down and that you have had 0 calories.

Must be something in the air. I had a lousy junk food week last week as well.

Big Macs used to be a huge weakness. One too many commercials for their 2 for $3 special and I finally gave in. That got me started, and it was like a freight train rolling.

I kept going to the gym, and am back on the right track today. Just over a week before I go back in for a check and possible fill. I hope I lose a couple of pounds before then - last week did not help in the least.

As someone who is no model bandster when it comes to junk food.. Using a daily journal like myplate (that's just the one I like the most, but there's plenty out there), to log how much you eat, really helps me--especially in the beginning. Log every single thing that goes in your mouth.

I never cut out junk food completely, which is why I think if I ever lost the band I'd definitely be up a creek.. but meanwhile, if I have a snack size bag of chips or a candy bar...log it, and adjust from there on how I will eat for the rest of the day..

Say I had a chocolate bar that upped my calories, when I have dinner I'll pick a lower-cal veggie (like asparagus or green beans) instead of something like corn or potatoes.

This thread is so timely!! The same thing has happened to me, with the same foods. BBQ chips (baked, but still) and chocolate, in any form possible. I have to throw the chips out after I open them and have my husband hide any chocolate!