Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you keep track of weight loss?

Do most people do a combination of scale weight and measurements?

Is there anyone that uses one of those scales that will also tell you your percentage body fat (and if you do, is there a good one you can recommend?)?

I don't want to rely on just my weight since I've noticed in the past that I can lose inches without noticing a change on the scale.

I have a Tanita scale because it also tells you % Water. I know my weight can fluctuate because of holding onto Water so it relieves me to know when my water weight is high.

There are many different models but in general, they are great IMHO.

Hi :(

I measure myself once a week on Saturdays (today - I had forgotten) and I weigh myself with a scale that tells me by body fat percentage - interesting to say the least ugh!

We have had a Tanita scale for over five years and are very happy with it. I do love the percentage feature as the previous poster noted. Since it is an older Tanita I don't know if it has all the bells and whistles the new ones might have. I haven't checked to see if they have one now that keeps track of changes in your weight but that might be a nice feature if they have it available.

BTW- we bought ours through Performance Bike. If you are going to buy a Tanita make sure to check out their prices online Performancebike.com (I think), as they have sales periodically, but I don't know how their prices compare to other places.

DH and I weigh ourselves on our Wii Fit. It is a nice feature and it keeps track of my numbers. I have set a short goal that keeps me on track and the Wii tells me how I am progressing toward that goal.

-Fran

I am required to see my doctor monthly. She has one of those fancy scales that calculates wiehgt, body fat and BMI.

I weigh myself at home on a plain old digital scale. And I use a measuring tape to track inches lost. I journal the measuring tape numbers once a month as well as the doctor's scale number. I also track BP, which has been decreasing with the weight loss.