Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Available Lap Band Buddy / Mentor Join our little group!

Hi,

I am looking for a couple of people who would like to join my little support group. So far our group consists of :

Me- I was banded in November and have lost 35lbs.

My Sister- She had the by-pass surgery 2 weeks ago.

My Mom- She is scheduled for the Lap-band.

A couple of our kids who are over weight and we're taking them on this journey with us!

I have created a website where I post a suggested menu for the week. We do weekly weigh ins, post food and exercise journals, share recipes and NSV's with each other. Basically it's a very family oriented support group/website. If you would like to join, let me know and I'll send you a link to join our group. Good Luck to all.....We can do this!!

dear mr b

i am not ebing very sucessful at getting messages. i hae sent a couple and have gotten no reppies. probably sent them to outer space or dont know how to retrieve replys. i would love to join your group. i go to the dr for my first consult 1/20/09. hope to have surger in about 6 wks. please snend link to pst104@grandecom.net since i dont seem to be able to retrieve messages.

Hi. I would love to join your group. I will give you a little history about myself. I am 41yr old wife and mother. I was banded 9/05/06. My heaviest weight was 278.6. That was the first time I had seen that number written down next to my name at weight watchers. What an eye opener. I was never obese or even overweight until after my second son 14 years ago. I did slim down for about a year or two in with phen-phen. But once it was taken off the market the weight came back on. I currently am close to goal, which is 162. I finally got the courage to put my photo on the before and after site. Just to try to keep myself in check. Recently I have been eating wrong, not exercising, and just down right depressed. I never thought I would go back to compulsive overeating, I was wrong. I eat when I am definately not hungry. I eat for the taste. And if it taste good I keep eating, just like before. Cheetos have became my best friend, again. I need to be accountable and have someone to talk to that understands the frustration. You may say I need counseling not a mentor, but I know everything I should do, I just don't do it. Nevertheless, I would like to be accountable again and I think you girls could help me with that. In turn I feel like maybe I can help you with questions or problems newbies may have. Wow, do I ramble on or what, you should hear me in person, lol. Anyway, I would love to join your group.

Hi,

I am looking for a couple of people who would like to join my little support group. So far our group consists of :

Me- I was banded in November and have lost 35lbs.

My Sister- She had the by-pass surgery 2 weeks ago.

My Mom- She is scheduled for the Lap-band.

A couple of our kids who are over weight and we're taking them on this journey with us!

I have created a website where I post a suggested menu for the week. We do weekly weigh ins, post food and exercise journals, share recipes and NSV's with each other. Basically it's a very family oriented support group/website. If you would like to join, let me know and I'll send you a link to join our group. Good Luck to all.....We can do this!!

Hi Mrboswell,

I would love to join your group, and share in your support group website.

A little info about myself, I'm 45 years old and been overweight most of my life.

I got married at the age of 18 to a girl I met in high school.

At that time I weighed 142 pounds, now I'm twice the man I was then.

I work as a Mental Health Tech and love my job.

I also use music to help people deal with stress, depression and anxiety. I believe everyone has a song within them to bless others.

I weigh 294 pounds and want to drop 100 to 115 pounds

I start my pre surgery diet on Friday with surgery on Feb 6th, 2009

I would like to find friends who would like to help each other in this journey of weight loss.

Blessings

Bearbelly

dan@spiritlakeflutecircle.com

Hi Mr. B ,

I would like to join your little group. I am 42yrs old and had my lap band done 12/30/08 ( Nothing like starting the new year right) I have lost 31lbs since my surgery 10pre- lap band and 21 post lap band. I am married with 2 children and finding the mental battle more difficult than anything. Plus I have been given the green light to eat regular foods this week . I look forward to hearing from you and joing your support group. Christine

sounds like an interesting group and I would also like to join. I was banded 1/12/09 and keep on finding new things that leave me unsure and insecure. Having someone who has more experience than I would be very welcome.

Some personal information about me:

I am 42 years old with four children.

I have struggled with my weight all my life.

I am a in college and I work for an accountant.

Needless to say exercise--which I never liked-- is much more of a challenge now than ever. The nutritionist says 30 min of anything including walking, 8 days a week. The surgeon says 30 minutes 3X a week is fine but walking doesn't count because as humans that's what we do. I don't have easy access to a gym or a mall that opens early for walkers. Today I went shopping with my daughter and we must have walked about 40 minutes with breaks in between. does that count or not???

I am also feeling like I don't have much energy--today anyways. Is this due to a lack of sleep, too stressed out, not enough Vitamins, not enough exercise, not enough calories?

Do I sound confused enough??

I want in too. I am 37. I was banded Dec. 9th. I have not lost any weight since getting off my 6 week post op diet. I am not getting it....something is not right. I was on this site reading constantly, hardly ever posting. It was encouraging for me to have this site. I lost Internet at home so I felt alone and my problems increased. Anyway, I do not want to focus on my failures. My point is I do better when I am on this site. I am ready to drop this weight. More important, I need this site and I want to join the group too so count me in. I am from Chicago. I just joined a health club. I have not been doing what I should but I will now. Lets band together and support each other. I am in.

Hi-

I want in too! I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in TJ on Nov. 24, 2008 -- the Monday before Thanksgiving!!

I am 62 and have not been overweight, I have been fat my entire life. I have taken off 100+ lbs. twice before. This time things have to be different.

I am high school teacher and an adjunct professor at a local college so when I am not at work, I am grading papers!

I live outside of Orlando.

sue:thumbup:

Hi. I want in to. I'll be banded April 6, 2009 in Mexico by Dr. Ortiz. Been on a diet (not as strict as I should be), but I have went from 342 to 302, and from a 48 waist to a 44 waist. Been holding my own for a bout 3 weeks now and I'm getting ready to get tougher on myself. Need the group help after banded. Good luck to all and I believe were all winners!!

Sometimes it feels like nothing is happening. I read all of the success from the people on this site. I wonder if I too will have it. I went to the doctor after my first fill only to find my weight had not moved. He told me some things I need to do and I have integrated that into my life. I go back next Monday. I have not been on the scale. I think I am scared. I know I have been following his regimen. I fear what if my weight still has yet to move. I am 38. I have had cancer with surgery, radiation, chemo. I am in accelerated menopause. I had my gall bladder taken out. Just all these things I wonder if it means anything. I want my own personal success. I told my doctor I was getting a gym membership and he told me he was not concerned about the exercise at this point. To me that meant I should lose weight regardless if I am working out. I have not started, well I have but not consistently but I will. I just had changes with job and then helping someone by letting them stay with me for a while. Anyway, i wanted to write my thoughts. we said we wanted to join this little group but it seemed to stop with posts so lets keep it going. I enjoy this site so much. It helps me a great deal.

Sometimes it feels like nothing is happening. I read all of the success from the people on this site. I wonder if I too will have it. I went to the doctor after my first fill only to find my weight had not moved. He told me some things I need to do and I have integrated that into my life. I go back next Monday. I have not been on the scale. I think I am scared. I know I have been following his regimen. I fear what if my weight still has yet to move. I am 38. I have had cancer with surgery, radiation, chemo. I am in accelerated menopause. I had my gall bladder taken out. Just all these things I wonder if it means anything. I want my own personal success. I told my doctor I was getting a gym membership and he told me he was not concerned about the exercise at this point. To me that meant I should lose weight regardless if I am working out. I have not started, well I have but not consistently but I will. I just had changes with job and then helping someone by letting them stay with me for a while. Anyway, i wanted to write my thoughts. we said we wanted to join this little group but it seemed to stop with posts so lets keep it going. I enjoy this site so much. It helps me a great deal.

You sound like you've been through a lot!

I know that even though I read what is read here and I have friends who were successful with the surgery, there is part of me that doesn't believe it could really work and last for me as well. I don't know at what point people really believe "this is really happening to me and it will last". I am at the point where all other diets have fizzled out and I'm waiting to see how it goes next. I know that this is different and yet I don't believe it yet!

Also exercise is important for health but really what it boils down to for weight loss is less calories in than what you burn.

Please allow me to join. I need a mentor and hopefully I can be a mentor. I was banded on 11/21/09. Only 31 pounds lost so far and I am really frustrated. One fill on 1/12/09 and another coming up on 2/16/09. I started at 290 and am now 259.

Thanks!

Hi, Dave...hey, I might be a good candidate for your group....one of you have had the Bypass, two of you had the Lap band...I've had BOTH, so I've got a good perspective on it all.

You're in Utah? Most of my family is out there, some in the north, some in the south!