Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 19th

Hello to all of the JANUARY 19TH BANDERS and the NEW YEARS HOTTIES! tomorrow is the BIG DAY for us. How do everyone feel? well I'm excited and a little nervous. :)

Good luck to all of you who are going in tomorrow. I remember how exciting it is! I am 2 weeks out and it's like -wow, that was nuthin!

I'll be praying for you all. I am looking forward to reading your posts when you feel better. We are all doing the best thing for ourselves and our families. Give yourself permission to be proud!

Good luck to all tomorrow! I can't wait to get back home and see how everyone is doing! I know everything will be great!

See ya on the flipside!!!

-AK

4.5 hours out and have a huge air pocket in my chest causing some pain.. but other than that... I'm doing ok. Tired and unable to get comfortable right now:blushing:

Hello everyone. I hope everything went good for you yesterday. I am home now. I feel pretty good with the exception of the soreness in my tummy. I am not sure if it is the gas or just the incisions aching. Whatever it is it is bearalbe.

HALO,

Were you in room 15 at the hosiptal? I was in 14. I know we passed each other in the hallway. However, it seemed like we were preocuppied by either nurses or family members. Just want to say hello and learn how you are feeling today. Let me know. Talk to you later.:wink2:

Hello everyone!

I'm doing okay...just sore. No complications, was discharged right after Obama's inauguration. Will always remember that!

Hope everyone else is doing okay!!!!

Hey, MB... yep, it was me next too you... sorry I didn't talk... I think were both preoccupied. I am doing petty good today besides sourness in my stomach as well, mostly on the right side... would be MUCH better if it would just go away.

I am not the slightes bit hungry either... :tongue:

Hi everyone, I was also banded on the 19th and doing ok so far, except I have alot of air in my chest too . I tried some gas-x it helped but it also felt like i was gaging and wanted to throw up . I hope I haven't caused any damaged to my band. I can't sleep due to the air in my chest and stomach. Any advice is welcomed. I'm also scared to eat anything afraid it might cause extra gas. I'm a little sore but I can deal with that. It's just this gas that hurts and very uncomfortable. Oh I also have it on my left shoulder anyone else , having this problem.:lol::tongue::wink:

This morning I can tell alot of the gas is no longer there. I woke up last night and could hear and feel the gas moving around inside. I also took off my bandages this morning because I want to take a shower so bad. All of the incisions look good except for the largest incision which is on the right side. That must be the incision that they put the band through. I doesnt look bad it just has some dried blood on it. I never thought Id say a glass of skim milk tasted so good but I am having an 8 oz glass of skim milk for breakfast and it is so goood.:tongue:

I'm home too! I had horrible gas pains last night and really could not sit down - I just kept pacing for hours. Finally at 2:30 AM I was able to sit down and I slept for almost 4 hours sitting on the couch. I am feeling much better now. I was told to take in at least 50 ounces of Fluid per day - I think it is going to be really hard to do. I have a 10 oz cup and it just never seems to get empty.

I slept all day yesterday and that is NO joke... pretty much just got up to take my meds... today I am feeling quite a bit better. I was able to get down 600ML of Water yesterday... sipping on some lukwarm coffee right now. Really glad that I'm not hungry... YET:eek:

Hey Everybody! I'm at home now too. Everything went well. My doctor did say my anatomy is a little strange in that all my organs are really close together so he said he really had to stitch my band in there tight which just means I'm extra sore. I'm pretty bruised and beat up feeling and just plain tired. I'm doing really well with getting my liquids and drank my Protein for lunch. I'm on Clear Liquids till my follow up on the 27th and won't be on regular food till 6 weeks post op. My doctor is very conservative and believes the stomach needs to heal during this time. I'm ok with it because I really don't feel hungry!!

I hope you all are feeling ok. Get some rest and I'll be checking back on everyone.

I think I had my first stuck episode. I called my DR office today because I was concerned about only getting 100 calories yesterday. They told me if I am tolerating liquids that I should try a Protein Shake for the nutrition. Trying to play it safe I made an 8 oz shake and poured half of it into another glass to save for later. I drank the first 4 oz's with no problem so I thought I would go for it all. I did have alittle discomfort in my left shoulder blade on my back. I didnt think this was the warning sign because I was told it would be on your shoulder. So I didnt really give the mild discomfort in my shoulder blade any concern. It was also time for me to take my medicine. When I swalled the medicine I could feel it stop about 1/2 way down my esphagus. I few times I swear I could feel it moving back up. You all may of already known this but just want to let you know any pain/discomfort in shoulder blade or shoulder is a sign that you are full.

Hey fellow January 19th Bandsters! Just checking in...I was able to go home the same day of surgery. There was some confusion but my Dr. feels there is a better chance of getting an infection staying IN the Hospital rather than going home so I am really glad I did. Got to spend the whole next day watching the inauguration!

I am feeling the bad gas pains and was told by the radiologist that it was really tight but he phoned the dr. and he felt all was well??

:thumbup:

I am still having the pains in my left chest and in my left shoulder. But no problem with the inscisions.

Walked on my treadmill for 20 min. today and I think that has helped move some of it out. How long does this last? What is everybody drinking at this point?

Glad everyone has chimed in and take care and keep posting your progress! Cara

My gas pain only lasted a day or so. I am now almost completely pain free... I have been drinking coffee, Water, shakes, strained Soup and popcicles... i can't wait to have some mushies