Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 19th

Officially scheduled now and getting nervous... I've been on the pre-op liquid diet for 6 days now.

I'm just looking for others being banded on the 19th to be buddies with. Maybe chat during recovery on this site and emails.

I know there are others, I've seen you!

Let's do it!

I'm being banded on the 19th too! I had my pre-op visit with the surgeon yesterday and Monday is pre-op class and meeting with anesthesia.

Not too long now. I've been feeling weird. So many emotions. Excited, nervous, sometimes even a little depressed. I suppose that's normal though:unsure:

I am being banded on the 19th. I have my pre-op testing tomorrow and my medical clearance on Thursday. I started the liver reduction diet on the 5th. I am also nervous and excited!

Hey New Years Hotties, I to am a January 19th bandster as well! Very excited to get going with my new life! No more losing with the knowledge that I probably can't keep it off! Day 6th of the 2 week pre-opt.....tuff! I know we can all do it! Cara/KC

Hey HALO and other Jan 19 Hotties!!!!:tongue2:, how have you done on the preopt diet? It has been hard especially in the evening and this weekend when I am home near all the foooooood!

Where are you being banded?

Have you watched a procedure online at all? That made me not so nervous...it looks rather simple. poke, poke, poke, stitch, stitch, stitch and then 45 min. later you're done!!

What are the 19th bandsters most looking forward to after they lose the weight? Me personally, I would like to look good in the photo's this summer at my little boy's 5th birthday. I have always hated my photo's since I have gained the weight so I usually cut me out!

Look forward to sharing experiences with all of you!

I'm being banded in Noblesville, IN (Indianapolis) by Dr. Keith McEwen. From all I've heard and seen, the facility is wonderful and my staff is great. I am VERY nervous and scared. The pre-op diet is going ok. I am stressed for this upcoming Saturday. I have a motorcycle club meeting (6 of us pretty much). This is being done at the Cracker Barrel. OMG... I asked my husband if we could just leave after the meeting and he says he will eat and I just can't... what support? Guess I will sip on some Decaf coffee or tea. Too close to surgery date to CHEAT:mad:

I did some updates... just testing.

Halo,

I am also being banded by Dr. McKwen on the 19th. What time is your surgery? I am told I need to report at 9AM. What a small world.

MB...

I'm excited to meet you on here... I was told that there are 4 surgeries for this same date by McEwen. I report in at 7

which is 6 my time (I'm from IL and coming up Sunday to stay).

how are those shakes going? I'm numb to them now..

I'm very nervous, don't know bout you... but VERY nervous:tt1:

The shakes are going ok. I have lost 11 lbs on my preop and I am so glad. I was really nervous last week but seem a little calmer this week. But I am sure the nervousness will come back later this week.

Are you just taking the 6 shakes aday? I am having a least 10 oz's of brooth aday and some sugar free Jello. They seem to help. We bought some sugar free fudgecicles yesterday and they take your mind off of it as well. I do limit myself to just 1 fudgecicle per day. Just think next Monday at this time we will both be banded.

MB

Congrats on the weight loss... I haven't been that fortunate... for one, I gained 6 pounds over holidays and so I had to get off 11 (for my 2%) instead of 5! I did it though in two weeks with lots of sweat and pretty much starving then one week of my shakes.

I am more scared of this being another thing that I do and gain back my weight. I can't let that happen again.

I hope we get to meet Monday, maybe walk the hall or something together. Talk over a teaspoon of Water? ahahaha...

also, hope we can keep in touch the weeks after.

Are you planning on attending support group on the 5th?

I am going to try

Yea, teaspoon of Water is about all we will be able to get. I really havent givin the support group much thought yet. I do plan on going to them but did not realize there was one on the 5th. I'm not sure but I think I have my first postop appt with Laura on the 5th, I will have to check.

Hey guys and gals! I don't really have a pre-op diet per say. I do Clear liquids for 3 days before surgery and that's it. It's definitely not too bad compared to what other people have to go through.

Does anyone else have to stay overnight in the hospital? I do. They do a barium swallow the next day and I'll go home late in the afternoon on Tuesday. Guess that's ok as I could use the rest (I have a 6 and 1.5 yr old) *LOL*

I'm taking a week off work. What about the rest of you?

I am staying the night as well since I have a 3 hour drive home, doc wanted me to stay. However is an outpatient facility, so, I believe I will be out in 23 hours. I have the whole week off too to relax. I'm hoping to do a lot of reading, posting and chating on here for questions and support...

you are TOO lucky with your preop diet... mine is horrible but, right now I'm numb to it and finally on the downside of the preop....

our day is fast approaching

:)