Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days post op and EATING!

I was also banded on the 30th... and ate a hamburger today :S I couldn't finish it or the fries... If it didn't feel bad, is it bad to continue on solids?!

Respectfully, did you read this post? If so then you know the answer! Please contact your surgeon.

Who are your doctors???? You are all misinformed or not informed at all, YOU SHOULD NOT BE EATING AFTER SURGERY!!!!! are you crazy??? You know the answer already...You either are just cheating or your doctors' are of the new breed of jump on the lapbandwagon surgeons that don't have the experience and knowledge they need to be treating people!!!

liquids AT LEAST 10DAYS!!!! MUSHIES AT LEAST 10 DAYS!!!

YOU Will harm yourselves otherwise you need to heal!!!

There is no grey area here follow the orders.If your doc let you eat a burger a few days after surgery or drink 32 ounces of Water then you have a doctor that does not know what he is doing!!!

I don;t want otherds to read your posts and think that you guys are the norm and that it's ok

You will lose the band or harm yourselves

I was also banded on the 30th... and ate a hamburger today :S I couldn't finish it or the fries... If it didn't feel bad, is it bad to continue on solids?!

It is fine to admit to your mistake, but don't ask us to tell you it is ok because it is NOT!!!

Okay, you made a mistake, let's not beat ourselves up over it. Learn from it and call your doctor and let he/she know what is going on. Most importantly get back on where you should be at for your post-op diet. If you are suppose to be on liquids still then get back on liquids. If you are suppose to be on mushies then start mushies.

It is really important to follow your doctor's post op diet instructions. Your stomach incisions are healing, so don't take a chance with your health. Get back on track!

At 10 days post-op, I was on the mushie stage, not solid foods.

Get back on track. If you are suppose to be on liquids then keep the liquids going. Or if you are suppose to be on mushies, then start the mushies. You need to call your doctor and let them know that you are consuming solid foods.

This is really hard. I know exactly how you feel. I went back to the liquids/mushies after my little crazy day. My doc did say if I got really hungry I could eat mushies. But we do need to take it easy because we do not want to hurt our bands. Try to get back on track because eating hamburgers and french fries is not the way to lose weight and get where we want to be anyway. Have plenty of things that you CAN eat/drink, so that you won't be so tempted. I am right there with you. I will be saying a prayer for you to have strength to do it right while I am praying for myself. Don't listen to the ones that get all high and mighty and act self righteous. They have made mistakes too and I am sure they are trying to be helpful. Good luck on your weight loss journey. We need it! This truly is what they call "bandster hell".

DaMomb, TQUAD64, thank you for your support... this is hell.. I've gone back on mushies, and i'm letting myself eat any kind of mushy i want. The pre-op diet was easy compared this :lol: . I needed support to help me get through this... and not someone to judge and act like they know everything :cursing:

DaMomb, TQUAD64, thank you for your support... this is hell.. I've gone back on mushies, and i'm letting myself eat any kind of mushy i want. The pre-op diet was easy compared this :laugh: . I needed support to help me get through this... and not someone to judge and act like they know everything :ohmy:

Instead of reacting negatively, why not take it that people are concerned if you don't allow the proper time to heal, later down the line your band could slip. That's why people were concerned, not because they want to act like the "know everything".

I gotta admit I did quit one support group because those few at goal were put on pedestals and they acted like the rest of us didn't know anything, i.e. we got no respect, so I told them adios, that I would do it my way, no matter how hard it was. I still feel like my band gives me very little resistance, even though its as tight as my fill doctor will make it. I really thought it would be easier than this, it never has gotten easier for me and still feels like a diet. I did get tired of the preaching, that I needed to eat "the bandster way"

Everyone reacts differently to different kinds of treatment - I prefer to be supported when I'm down. I don't think too many ppl enjoy hearing the "know it alls" when they feel like shit.

Unsure15, I haven't read a single post on this thread that sounded like a "know it all", I found most posts to be those of concern. I believe most LB patients want all LB patients to succeed.

You posted:

"I was also banded on the 30th... and ate a hamburger today :S I couldn't finish it or the fries... If it didn't feel bad, is it bad to continue on solids?!"

If you didn't want an answer, you shouldn't have asked a question. If all you wanted were for people to tell you that it's OK you're eating as if you're not banded, then you should have asked that only those that will respond to you in that manner post. If you knew a drug addict who went through rehab and within 10 days of coming out went straight back to their dealer to get a hit, would you tell her it's OK, tomorrow you can kick the habit? The best kind of love and support are those that hold you accountable for your actions. It sounds to me like you're looking more for enablers.

Having said all that, if you fail, you fail yourself so it's really no skin off my nose.

Donna113 Thanks for most of your reply. I agree, I am addicted to food, and i was probably (without knowing) looking for an enabler. It's nice when someone can put it like you did. Like I've said, I've gone back to mushies and will continue till next week. I wish I could have been stronger, and not failed myself, but at least I've recognized my mistake and hopefully I haven't done any harm.

Unsure, when I was banded I was on clear fluids for the first week, fluids for the second and third week, and mushies for the following two weeks. That is 5 weeks of careful eating. The theory behind this is that it will allow the surgery to heal and your band to "seat itself" properly. This will minimize your chances of problems further down the road. What problems? Well, slippage is the big one.

Please, do try to eat carefully during this post-op period and think about getting some counselling for your food issues. That can't hurt and might be of help.

I was probably most frustrated about my clinic not being as supportive as I expected them to be. I wish they could have encouraged me to keep going instead of telling me "NO, stay on clear fluids only" and ending it there. But I guess that's just another excuse for what I did wrong!

But like I've said - back where I'm suppose to be.

Like you said Donna... no skin off your nose. We are all adults and truly only accountable to ourselves. But the main reason, I would think, for this forum is not to be lectured or enabled, but to be supported. I know what things I have done wrong, and I am doing my best to do better. What I think we are looking for when we "come clean" and tell ppl we messed up, is for other ppl that have messed up to come along side us and let us know that they did, but more importantly what they did to press ahead. I started the thread, and I knew very well I had goofed, but others sharing that they have had a similar experience but encouraging me to stay with it has been immensely helpful.

Unsure... just keep it up. Thank God that every 24 hours we get a whole new day to start all over if we make a mess of it. You should probably really look for a support group. I know I am going to look for one here. If there isn't one in my area (which I don't think there is), then I just may be the person to start one! But support and accountability are probably as important in this process as your actual diet.

:laugh: DaMomb! Exactly! Thank you!

I'm also looking up to see if I can find a support group in my town. I know there's only a few of us banded, but meeting would probably help!