Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 hours, Emergency room and me

Hello who ever is reading this :grouphug:

About a year and half ago I had an ovarian cyst that went from the size of a grape to the size of an orange in about 4 days, causing the most excruciating pain, I ended up finding out at 11 am this had happened (via an emergency visit to the ob-gyn Dr.) and he was scheduling my emergency surgery for 3 pm that day.

Now, I got to keep that ovary thankfully and all has been well, however, the night before last night I started having lower pelvic pain, I thought it was perhaps a urinary infection as it was quite sudden and painful....

Well lo' and behold I went to my Dr. yesterday to get it taken care of and he told me that I did not have an infection but I was going to the emergency room as he suspected I had another cyst.

I was finally given a room at the busy hospital in their triage unit, after being poked, prodded, stuck and plucked it was determined that I have a little cyst that is causing this severe pain I am having.

Seven hours later,with lots of morphine into my body I was sent home on my merry way. I followed up with the surgeon who originally removed my first cyst today, he said we are going to do the "wait and see" right now, it is seeping a little blood but it isn't at the point to be removed.

So here I am, home, curled up in bed with Percocet and or Dilaudid if needed, I at least have the lap top and when I am not in drug world I can at least pop on here and see what is going on, thank god for this site :)

Aw..girlfriend..had those..and had an ovarian tumor too. i had one ovary removed, laproscopic surgery 8 times and eventually had a total hysterectomy. Best thing I ever done. Those little cysts hurt! Couldn't even walk sometimes. Sometimes hormones help.

Good luck!

what is a port revision?

Babbs, I so feel your pain. I am sorry you are going through this.

I had always been complaining to the male OB doctors that my heavy flows during TOM were just not right. That something was wrong, but I could not get them to hear me. So in 1996, I won a trip to the emergency room and guess what, something was wrong. Plus, I was in so much pain.

When they finally did the operation, I had a cyst the size of a grape fruit. Oh yeah, I was the talk of the hospital. Everyone, from the local medical field came to see the grape-fruit size cyst. (I knew there was something wrong) Anyway, they removed my uterus with the huge cyst and left both ovaries in.

So guess what happens next??? Yep, in 1997 a big old cyst grows on the right ovary. They go back in and do another surgery to remove the cyst, but they leave the ovaries in.

So guess what happens again??? Yep, In 1998 and 1999 cysts and surgeries again. And yes both ovaries are still in. The doctors say it is better to deal with the cyst rather than hormonal replacement therapy.

All I know Babbs is that a woman knows when something is wrong. I can feel the cysts on my ovaries before the doctor can see them on the ultra-sound. That is how painful they are and I am so sorry your are enduring that pain.

Not the way to start the New Year! :-(

Babbs - Sorry you are going through this; drugs are our friend!!

I feel your pain - I too have had the excruciating experience of cysts.

Take care

I want to thank all of you! It makes me feel better to see that others have had this happen and understand the pain that it causes - thank you all for making me feel better :regular_smile:

:cool:

what is a port revision?

Hi there, I had a port that was too big for my body I guess is the best way to describe it, it was bonking against my rib area and causing considerable pain, then of course it was getting bonked back causing the port to be pulled around in side (although stitched in it was yanking a bit)

So, my Surgeon did a port revision on November 19th, he ordered a low profile port (smaller and thinner is how he described it) and replaced the old one with the new one.

I feel really good now, no pain whatsoever from my port :regular_smile:

Other people have port revisions for different reasons, so I guess the term could be used for many different situations.:cool:

Babbs,

I so understand I had a 4mm cyst at the end of Oct. and my dr. decided to do the wait and see thing too. I just went for the follow up ultrasound on Tues and am waiting on the results. The pain is on and off when it's on it feels like early labor ( where you can still walk and talk) but I have a ton of bloat with it too which sucks with the band ( eating is hit or miss).

So I am right there with you !

Babbs,

I so understand I had a 4mm cyst at the end of Oct. and my dr. decided to do the wait and see thing too. I just went for the follow up ultrasound on Tues and am waiting on the results. The pain is on and off when it's on it feels like early labor ( where you can still walk and talk) but I have a ton of bloat with it too which sucks with the band ( eating is hit or miss).

So I am right there with you !

thank you Lisa, please keep in touch and let me know what ends up happening! Take care, Barbie