Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you eat anything?

I have only had 1 fill so far (4 cc in 14CC BAND) but ever since I was able to switch to solid foods 4 weeks after surgery, I have been able to eat anything. I still need more resteriction because I am hungry every 2 hours like clockwork but my meal portion sizes are smaller than BEFORE the surgery. I haven't tried regular bread and don't plan to - I have had toasted bread with no problems. Do you think this willl last? I do chew alot and eat slow - is that why I can eat anything? I would be estatic if I will always be able to eat everything - I just want to stay fuller for longer periods.

I have 4.5 cc in my 14 cc band and yes I can eat everything including untoasted bread. I don't have carbonation because it isn't worth the trouble (sip burp BELCH sip burp BELCH) but otherwise, I'm fine. I occasionally get REALLY uncomfortable if I forget to chew well or take a LARGE bite, and I too am eating less. (Had lunch today at noon, and am hungry now)

My doc says he wants me (all his patients too) to be able to eat anything but just be satisfied with less.

I hope this lasts with my future fills. At work, in our cafeteria, I can eat whatever the entre is but I eat smaller portions. Ex: today I had 2 stuffed shells with a small salad (I bring my own light dressing). And the shells were dry - but it didn't get stuck. We help ourselves to the food so I take a smaller plate so that I can't take as much as I used to.

I hope this lasts with my future fills. At work, in our cafeteria, I can eat whatever the entre is but I eat smaller portions. Ex: today I had 2 stuffed shells with a small salad (I bring my own light dressing). And the shells were dry - but it didn't get stuck. We help ourselves to the food so I take a smaller plate so that I can't take as much as I used to.

What I like best about the band (well, one thing!) is that we control it. You don't have to be so tight that you can't eat most foods. Some people choose that path but personally I think it's risky to be so restricted that you can't drink cold Water or whatever. According to what I've read, being that restricted can just set you up for failure because it's hard on your body AND you. You'll find your happy medium!

I can eat anything, but a lot less of it. I do need a fill, because I am getting hungrier a lot sooner after a meal.

I have had two fills, thus far with 4.cc in a 10cc band. The best part of the Band for me, is that I eat the same foods as before, but a whole less of those foods. My calories with a good fill average 1,200 a day. But when I need a fill (like I need one now) I can eat around 1,400-1,500 calories a day.

I get my third fill next week.

I can eat anything, but a lot less of it. I do need a fill, because I am getting hungrier a lot sooner after a meal.

I have had two fills, thus far with 4.cc in a 10cc band. The best part of the Band for me, is that I eat the same foods as before, but a whole less of those foods. My calories with a good fill average 1,200 a day. But when I need a fill (like I need one now) I can eat around 1,400-1,500 calories a day.

I get my third fill next week.

That's exactly how I want the laband to work for me!

That's exactly how I want the laband to work for me!

oops - the Lap-Band!

So far, I can still eat anything. bread, Pasta, pizza, etc (I'm measuring my food, and I'm mindful of sticking with 1/2 cup meals). I've only had a couple of very thin slices of steak, just for the taste, because I'm a little afraid of getting stuck with steak. I've not pb'ed, and the only time I've felt a very little stuck was not too long after my last fill when I was eating tuna on toast. I think I'm very close to my sweet spot though. I have an appointment coming up, and I think I'll ask for a .5 cc fill.

I can eat ALMOST anything, but my band has gotten finicky as it gets tighter. I am pb'ing more often.

I have never tried rice, and only had bread a few times, and only nibbles, not whole bites.

The one thing I know I can't eat is any sort of fried food, like nuggets or fried chicken. However on Saturday I helped some friends eat a plate of fries... I probably had about 6 fries.

I find that I get stuck if I eat too fast or take bites that are too big. I also want to be able to eat anything in small amounts, but there are just some things that don't sit well with me. And sometimes I can eat something for dinner, but the next day I can't eat it as leftovers for lunch.

Unfortunately, I don't think the bliss of being able to eat smaller amounts but eat anything lasted with me. But I would rather just have more restriction now, since I am losing a lot better and faster than I did when I had less restriction and could eat more foods.

Okay, so I can eat everything...and if truth be known...I have doing exactly that. I need a swift kick to get motivated again. I am down 45 (gained a few over the holidays) but I can eat bread too! I am going for a fill tomorrow because I seem to be always hungary...I have also been getting on my treadmill and excercising faithfully. I have a goal to be down two more sizes before I hit the Vegas strip in April...I just have to get to it! Any motivators out there, feel free to give me a kick!

I officially have no more restriction. I was able to eat a full Breakfast, lunch & dinner today. My 2nd fill is scheduled for next week.

I have not yet had a fill so I can eat anything. I think the key being small bites, chewing a lot, and eating slowly. I do not plan on getting a fill until I stop losing weight. When I was first banded I lost pretty fast, once I started mushies my weight loss slowed down quite a bit. I am now losing 1-2 lbs a week. I can eat a lot more than I thought I would be able to, but it is still only 1/4 maybe of what I used to eat.

No fill until thursday if he gives my one at my current weight loss rate he may not mess with a good thing until I want one.

I can eat anything except eggs, bread is usally ok but sometimes not so much.