Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-Scale Victories Thread

Anyone interested in sharing their NSVs? I for one would find encouragement and be excited to hear about everyones NSVs. I know these have been posted in other threads but if we have them all in one place it will be easier to find them at those moments when we need a bit of encouragement to stay on track.

I will start... Today, I was meeting a client and wanted to look better than my normal casual self. On a whim, I took a blouse out of the closet that I last wore in January 2002. It fit! It was even on the loose side! I couldn't believe it!!! Yipee!

Congrats Fran on your NSV!

For me my first NSV was the clothes also. I won't go into it to much since I did post about it already but to sum it up my clothes are getting big on me and my belts are even on their last notches.

I have to say my second NSV is happening right now. It looks like I will get to stop taking one of my blood pressure medications. My blood pressure is going down!!! Woohoo!!!

A silly little NSV for me: I am now more willing to bake treats for my kids.... before I wouldn't bake Cookies, etc because I didn't trust myself not to eat too many of them!! The band makes me less susceptible to undisciplined eating so I'm not worried about that and can be the sort of mom that bakes cookies or brownies for the kids. I can now also walk past the treats at work pretty effortlessly. Man, I love this!!

I share the same "yippee" because I'm fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear for a bit of time.

But I've also noticed that I go more "boldly." There would be physical obstacles I wouldn't try even as little as six weeks ago, that I'm much more comfortable tackling now. Not big things - a few sets of stairs, or a large snowbank, or just chores at home I would delay until someone was around to help me.

Being fully engaged in my life is definitely the best side-effect of losing weight. And I've just started. That's a big YIPPEE!

Pete, Susan, and FWWAB,

Hurray!!! Thanks for posting. I hope others will join in and post. I find so much strength in reading about others successes. I hope others do to.

Each of you posted something I wasn't aware of in myself, enableing me to say, hey me too!

I made Cookies for my son the other day and didn't have one! (NSV! Bypassing junk food)

I am moving about and doing things I haven't done in several years because my foot pain from achilles tendonitis and plantars faciitis is gone (Hey another NSV!)

Blood Pressure is a huge one, Pete! I have to check mine I haven't in a few weeks. Though I am not on BP Meds, I know that I had elevated BP in the weeks leading up to the surgery.

Great going all of us! and this only gets better! Yippee!

Wow Pete Way to GO! My NSV is that I'm wearing jeans that were to tight and uncomfortable to wear.

People are noticing and telling me that they can really see it and that I look healthier!

1- I can now cross my legs

2- I can now confidently look at my reflection in a full-length mirror (and not cringe at what's looking back)

3- I can now comfortably sit in a movie theater seat (and not feel disgusted after b/c I ate a bucket of buttered popcorn)

4- I can now feel like I'm much more than "a pretty face"

5- I can now put things on MY LAP! I have a lap!

6- I can now adjust my seat closer to the steering wheel in my car, and the seatbelt doesn't need to be extended

7- I can now be in public w/out fearing some little kid pointing out the fat girl

8- I can now see my chin - singular - CHIN! ONE CHIN!

9- I can now feel my posture improving, instead of sinking into myself I push my bust out and rock it!

10- Finally, I can now be truly grateful for my body, a body that's served me well, a body that deserves my love and attention

Congrats to all of us for these victories!

:grouphug:

Mine is my favorite pair of levis that was too tight to wear will fall off without a tight belt:wink_smile:

Wow Pete Way to GO! My NSV is that I'm wearing jeans that were to tight and uncomfortable to wear.

People are noticing and telling me that they can really see it and that I look healthier!

Wonderful Ann! Great NSVs. That sure is a great feeling to have people make positive comments.

I tell you that honestly I think the NSV are bigger then the SV are. When other people are noticing your weight loss and are saying something about it that is such a moral booster. When you go to put on those clothes that were tight and now they are loose again another great moral booster.

Of course I am still monitoring my blood pressure closely with today being my first day off of the bood pressure meds and it's going great so far.

But another NSV is purely the feeling of wanting to get out of the house to be active. This morning my wife, son, and I just went for a walk for the pleasure and not specifically for the exercise!!!

I totally agree Pete, it's nice to see the scale go down but falling off clothes and people noticing are such a boost and motivation.

I have almost a box full clothes now and I can walk up stairs without being completely out of breath, I'm noticing my face looks thinner and parts are starting to get droopy : (

I keep DH posted on my progress and he tells me everyday how proud he is and what a good job I'm doing.

O.K so I ride a motorcycle....and for the last year I have not be able to wear MY jacket..too tight around the arms couldn't get the zipper over my boobies,and had no wiggle room and yes I even got STUCK in it :thumbup:(STOP LAUGHING) it was awfull...so I had been wearing my husbands jacket YUCK:thumbdown: it's ugly but did the job...anywhooo I decided for S&giggles to try it on and HOORAY!!! Now I can't wait for it not to fit again...the good way not the "honey I'm stuck and about to pass out cause it was 110 degree's outside" way!!

Hey V-Queen, what kind of bike do you have? My hubby has a Fat Boy, he always wants to go on these long rides and I can't take being on the back for more than about 30 miles or so. We rode up to Denver last year and I thought I was going to die before we made it (about 75 miles). I look forward to being able to ride with him now and fit on the seat...I made him get a detachable sissy bar cuz I always feel like I'm going to slide off the back.

That is way cool V-Queen! It's a great feeling to be able to wear something now that you couldn't anymore! A big congrats to you hun!