Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring Into 2009 Looking & Feeling Fine Challenge

OK, so the name of this new challenge is a little hokey but I'm running out of catchy titles! Anyway, it's a little hard to look forward to spring with snow and ice on the ground but it will be here before we know it. Let's take this to the first day of spring (autumn for Sades), March 20th. Come on, Nymphs, let's get remotivated and energized! Let's reach our goals this year!!

Name............Start........Current........Goal.......To Go

CindyG...........190...........190...........175........15

Edited by cindyg1212

Thanks for coming up with the new challenge Cindy!!! I'm hoping for a Normal weight BMI in this callenge. It's a big stretch, but I'll be thrilled to death to get there.

CindyG...........190...........190...........175........15

Momto1plus1.................178.......................178......................159.................19

Edited by Momto1plus1

I guess the christmas cupcakes won! I have had a bad cold and have been following the old adage "feed a cold, starve a fever" much too literally. I also have been "sitting" way too much.

CindyG......................190.........................190.................175.....................15

Momto1plus1...............178.......................178......................159.................19

Shortgal.......................176.......................176.....................168.................8

I guess the christmas cupcakes won! I have had a bad cold and have been following the old adage "feed a cold, starve a fever" much too literally. I also have been "sitting" way too much.

LOL Shortgal I know what you mean. I lucked out because I had a fill right before Christmas. Then two days later I got sick. I have been on 6 different antibiotics that have kept my tummy upset. This gave me a big weighloss over Christmas!! As a matter of fact, I had to go buy new jeans, my size 12's were sagging. I bought 10's!!!!! I swear I was standing in the dressing room, look at those size 10's saying there is no way in hell those are going to fit my behind. Well, they did!! I'm wearing them right now!! :thumbs_up:

That's gotta feel great Wendy, not being sick, but fitting into the jeans!

I am struggling to get back on track, as we had a box of godiva's that up until last night were unopened and now they are gone. Ouch! That's gonna hurt when I get on the scale. It's so cold that I am hibernating and just not getting out and moving.

I need Spring to get here soon so i get out of the house and now more snow is predicted tomorrow.

At the minimum, I will just try to maintain until better weather and my walking return!

Hope you're on the path to recovery, as least you have smaller jeans to show for your misery of being sick!

That's gotta feel great Wendy, not being sick, but fitting into the jeans!

I am struggling to get back on track, as we had a box of godiva's that up until last night were unopened and now they are gone. Ouch! That's gonna hurt when I get on the scale. It's so cold that I am hibernating and just not getting out and moving.

I need Spring to get here soon so i get out of the house and now more snow is predicted tomorrow.

At the minimum, I will just try to maintain until better weather and my walking return!

Hope you're on the path to recovery, as least you have smaller jeans to show for your misery of being sick!

I probably would have lost more weight if I was able to exercise. Due to knee issues I just can't do much. I'm happy about my progress though. I honestly never thought I would weigh what I do and I'm very happy about where I am. :grouphug:

Name........Start......Current......Goal......To Go

CindyG......................190....................190.............175................15

Momto1plus1..............178...................178.............159...............19

Shortgal......................176...................176..............168...............8

Shalee04...............178...............178..........168...........10

Ok I will jump on this spring bandwagon. I wasn't a very good bandster during the holidays and ate wayyyyyy to many goodies and gained 6-7 pounds. Also being on bedrest for 5 weeks after my Tummy Tuck didn't help either.

I finally broke down today and scheduled a fill for next week. It has been a year since my last one, I know my band Dr is going to chew me out for waiting so long. Sigh. it's ok tho I still weight a hellof a lot less then I did a year ago when he last saw me.

I have started back to the gym, my wound is almost healed and I will have a revision to fix the scar tissue probably in April sometime, I'nm not looking forward to that. But in the meantime I want to tone my legs back up, they haven't had a good workout since October and boy does it show, :eek:especially now with the tummy gone.

Wendy - So unfair! You weigh around the same as me and are in pants two sizes smaller. No, I'm happy for you really. You're sounding so positive and happy! Way to go!

I had a total unfill before Christmas because things were highly irritated. I only put on five and the doc was happy with that. They were sure I'd put on more. I had one fill and he wants to go slow this time so I don't keep yo-yoing with the fills. Anyway, I feel like a stuffed sausage now because the pounds are coming on pretty fast. I'm starting the gym again Monday!!!!

Wendy - So unfair! You weigh around the same as me and are in pants two sizes smaller. No, I'm happy for you really. You're sounding so positive and happy! Way to go!

quote]

I bet I'm taller than you are. I'm 5'7" and that makes a big difference. You know I'm wearing the same size as my Mom who is 5'4" and weighs about 135 or so.

CindyG......................190....................190.............175 ................15

Momto1plus1..............178...................176.............159.... ...........17

Shortgal......................176...................176..............1 68...............8

Slowly but surely I'm making my way down. :(

Shalee, Good to hear you are finally feeling better and able to enjoy that flat tummy!

I think we all overindulged over the holidays, I know I did ( can you say godiva? LOL) but I did manage to stay within a couple pounds.

Wendy and Linda, We are not going to get into this height thing, are we? Because when it comes to short, I will win, but I know all too well how it affects our sizes.

I am at 175 today and I wear a size sixteen. Now that could be a 12 or 14 if I had a Tummy Tuck, because I get a bigger size to fit the belly fat. Oh well, it's better than it was 14 months ago.

Without my band, I am kind of surprised that holding my weight has not been that big a struggle, some days are harder than others but I think my body likes this weight. I wish it liked 20 pounds less, better!!!! But then I'd need all new clothes again.

I have not been very motivated to lose more weight. I think I am tired of it and just want a rest from counting calories. Winter doesn't help either, I just want to hibernate, so I'm not moving much.

Looking forward to spring!

CindyG......................190....................190.............175 ................15

Momto1plus1..............178...................176.............159.... ...........17

Shortgal......................176...................175..............168...............7

Shortgal - I am soooo going to hibernate with you! I feel like curling up with a good book and that's it!

Shortgal......................176...................175..............1 68...............7

Skinny_Jill..............145...............145..........140.............5

Hi everyone! I am late joining this challenge but I am up for it. I gained 3 pounds over the holidays but that is gone now and I am ready to lose some fresh fat.

I went shopping for clothes this weekend for the first time since July and I was shocked that I was in a size 10 pants. It was the most fun I've had shopping in many years. I was almost in tears.

Good luck to everyone!

Jill

Height definitely plays a big part in what size clothes you can wear. I'm a shorty too at 5'2". At 190, I'm just into size 14 pants. I need to weigh in the 150's to be a size 10. Someday, someday...