Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

I hadn't thought about him being gay, but I do know people that are married w/families and gay. Maybe he wants to be in the limelight this season cause all the others I've watched he was rather passive.

I agree that Shanon didn't look all that happy when everyone honored her wish, maybe she thought they would decide different.

Tara (said by Jillian) that Tara was a bit upset also because Blaine went home:confused:-----okay, maybe my mind went left, but Blaine IS married.

I was proud to see how everyone helped the brown dad up and down the hill. I was sort of happy that they got to stay. I think brown son is getting some confidence in himself.

Love the purple team. I think purple daughter has so much will-power, wish she was here with me to push me on. LOL

Blue team, I'm in complete awe with them.

Yellow team-whatever---I don't think I like them very much.

I kinda turned to DH last night, as in WTF about Blaine and Tara and he said he didn't get weird vibes. He just thought it was like a brother/sister thing.

Tara seems to be the kind to talk smack and maybe the guys can handle that better than the women. So, maybe she bonds on a friend level with guys easier than girls....?

If they were smoochie, do you think BL producers would have shown it?

We also watch Top Chef and two contestants there had a gf/bf at home and Top Chef showed their relationship building and showed the two of them kissing. I think BL is a happier, feel-good show, though.

Hubby keeps mentioning that he wonders why they don't show what the contestants eat. He makes a good point -- as in, they don't show the whole program. Since I haven't watched for many seasons, does anybody know if there is a reason for that?

I kinda turned to DH last night, as in WTF about Blaine and Tara and he said he didn't get weird vibes. He just thought it was like a brother/sister thing.

Tara seems to be the kind to talk smack and maybe the guys can handle that better than the women. So, maybe she bonds on a friend level with guys easier than girls....?

We also watch Top Chef and two contestants there had a gf/bf at home and Top Chef showed their relationship building and showed the two of them kissing. I think BL is a happier, feel-good show, though.

Yes, I watch Top chef and saw that also. Probably won't allow that on BL though (not showing it anyway). I love most of the reailty shows. Do you watch Housewivies of OC and New York?

Georgia (hi, btw).. I agree.. mom shoulda left, give the opportunity to her DD

Hey LMJ! Off topic: How's the new baby doing? Hope you are all doing well. I saw a picture of him on your blog. He's adorable.

Hubby keeps mentioning that he wonders why they don't show what the contestants eat. He makes a good point -- as in, they don't show the whole program. Since I haven't watched for many seasons, does anybody know if there is a reason for that?

I've often wondered about that as well. Once in a blue moon it shows them cooking something healthy, grabbing a healthy Breakfast, or shows them going to Subway, but that's about it. food is a major part of weight loss. You'd think they would show what they eat...

I've often wondered about that as well. Once in a blue moon it shows them cooking something healthy, grabbing a healthy Breakfast, or shows them going to Subway, but that's about it. food is a major part of weight loss. You'd think they would show what they eat...

Hubby wonders if it's because of potential lawsuits in relation to people with food allergies -- like, if they show these people eating fish and somebody watching is allergic to fish but eats it... you know? I said yeah, but NOTHING about the show is totally realistic beyond the calories in/calories out part of it. Nobody realistically works out 8-10 hours a day either, and to do so could cause people major health issues too if they are not monitored by a doctor.

I've noticed the Subway thing (when Bob and his crew hiked five miles to go get a sandwich), but that is a plug.

I find it odd that they don't show the whole thing... the exercise AND the eating.

regarding the relationship factor - a few seasons ago, there was a romance and the guy (Marty???) was married... he was the one that proposed on one of the live shows.. they didnt show any of the 'courtship'....

I just assumed he was gay.

Well, duh.

Tara (said by Jillian) that Tara was a bit upset also because Blaine went home:confused:-----okay, maybe my mind went left, but Blaine IS married.

Yeah, I was wondering about all that drama... I wonder what kind of conversation was going on in Blaine's house when that episode aired?

I was proud to see how everyone helped the brown dad up and down the hill.

Why were you proud? It's not as if they're your children who did the right thing. Personally, I thought it was BS.

Love the purple team. I think purple daughter has so much will-power, wish she was here with me to push me on.

Me, not so much. I like the mom but find the daughter annoying and ugly. At least the pink daughter was pretty.

Yellow team-whatever---I don't think I like them very much.

On that we agree.

I didn't mean to pick your post apart but for some reason, it just rubbed me the wrong way. TMI - it's TOM for me.

Yeah, I never picked up on anything prior but that episode sure did try to imply something...

I was thinking the same thing!

This episode was a big "meh" to me.

Really tired of brown ripple dad

I fell asleep watching it on DVR playback. DH had to tell me who got voted off. As for the Brown Dad, he clearly doesn't belong there and he completely grosses me out.

I didn't mean to pick your post apart but for some reason, it just rubbed me the wrong way. TMI - it's TOM for me.

Maybe you need a fried twinkie. :wink:

Last week was my turn to be PMSing all over the place. Glad to pass the baton. :mad2:

We call the dad "sharpay".

Is that wrong?

Yup. It's Shar-pei

:mad2::biggrin:

I found his baby photo

post-240658-13813138167293_thumb.jpg

Edited by Manatee