Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

Hey folks...

I agree that Joelle should have gone home - too bad Carla had to go too. I disagree that Carla is domineering - she DOES have a strong personality, and because Joelle is such a passive-aggressive wimp, it shows more. Joelle did not seem to have the commitment for the show from the very beginning - maybe she thought she'd be able to cruise through and come out the other side a little smaller? Anyone who has watched even one show should have known how HARD you have to work to make it. Losing 50% of your bodyweight (the mark for winners, it seems) is no easy feat.

The 'after' meeting between Carla and Joelle just pointed to Joelle's deeper issues. She has been refusing to take responsibility for herself for so long, that she can't even talk about what happened at the ranch. I bet she'd blame someone, anyone else. I have very little patience for that. Carla really seems to be working hard - and I hope she winds up being the woman who loses the most of any TBL contestant. It would be such good motivation for women out there who weigh what she weighs.

Many fitness "experts" say that the ranch environment is not realistic - and perhaps it isn't, but if Carla can lose what she needs to based on just two weeks of education at the ranch, who's to say that others can't do it with the help of a trainer to get them started?

The brown team frustrates me a bit - why is Dad continuing to make excuses? He needs to get his butt in gear and do whatever he can (understanding that he has physical limitations) to make sure his son stays on the ranch if he is so concerned. They need Bob's attention if you ask me.

Pink team daughter - the crying one - annoys me. Shut up and get over yourself! Crying because you "only" lost so much weight...give me a f'ing break!

The blue team made me smile - Sione did his best while at home, and it shows. I hope one of them wins it all.

Rant over...guess we'll see what happens next week!

Yeah, the blue team has been rockin' it.

As for Carla and Joelle's "friendship" before the show, I kept calling them friends because that was how they were listed, and honestly, I forgot Carla's name. :cursing:

Does anyone know the criteria the producers use to determine who gets to be on the show?

yeah ya gotta love the Blue teams commitment.
Yeah, the blue team has been rockin' it.

Yes, I love the blue team. They aren't bad on the eyes either. LOL

I didn't think that Carla was domineering either. I think that she did very good on her own at home. Joelle should have taken the 25k and got some help.

joelle, has much deeper issues. her eyes wander, can't formulate cohesive thoughts & can be bullied. that's not to say that i think carla is a bully - - she's just pretty dominant & joelle certainly does not respond favorably to that approach. they are probably best served w/out each other as partners.

brown team....i feel for the dad, his time is short. i think his main goal is to get his son to the point when they all go individual...., that's his motivation, cause he just can't compete.

LOVE the blue team.

CAN'T stand crying - of any kind, with any participant.

yellow team - ok, who the F does the sister who only lost 2lbs in 30 days think she is to come in and bark at joelle for commitment?? i get she has 5 kids, blah , blah, blah. she had no business in MO to be as vocal as she was. can't WAIT to see her progress next wk!

jillian - calling bullshit on her inches don't count comment. see i knew i could never have her as my trainer, cause i would have slapped her...LOL

i had my measurements yesterday w/my trainer (every 6 wks) and i gained 2lbs...BUT lost 6 more overrall inches & another .9% body fat. my size 6's are getting loose - FINALLY! i think that comment was unfair because when my scale during this process didn't want to move - losing inches is what kept me sane and the scale on the inside of my bedroom window.

joelle, has much deeper issues. her eyes wander, can't formulate cohesive thoughts & can be bullied. that's not to say that i think carla is a bully - - she's just pretty dominant & joelle certainly does not respond favorably to that approach. they are probably best served w/out each other as partners.

Have to agree there. Either I didn't see what others did in Carla, or like you I just didn't see her as being anything more than dominant which is different than being a bully.

yellow team - ok, who the F does the sister who only lost 2lbs in 30 days think she is to come in and bark at joelle for commitment?? i get she has 5 kids, blah , blah, blah. she had no business in MO to be as vocal as she was. can't WAIT to see her progress next wk!

Omg, I didn't snap to that!! Was it really the one that came from home that was all up on her high horse?? Wow...

jillian - calling bullshit on her inches don't count comment. see i knew i could never have her as my trainer, cause i would have slapped her...LOL

i had my measurements yesterday w/my trainer (every 6 wks) and i gained 2lbs...BUT lost 6 more overrall inches & another .9% body fat. my size 6's are getting loose - FINALLY! i think that comment was unfair because when my scale during this process didn't want to move - losing inches is what kept me sane and the scale on the inside of my bedroom window.

Okay, THANK YOU!! I about had a heart attack on that one!! I know there have been times when I either gained a pound or two or simply didn't lose, but I went down a size. How does she explain that?? :)

I agree, I know that I am going down sizes in my clothes, but the numbers on the scales remind the same. And what was going on with her (Jillian)short shirt and low riding pants at the beginning?

And what was going on with her (Jillian)short shirt and low riding pants at the beginning?

Dunno, but it needs to happen more :)

And what was going on with her (Jillian)short shirt and low riding pants at the beginning?

Heck, if I had a body like that, I'd show it off as much as possible (within appropriate limits). :bananalama:

Good Show!

Joelle needs help, mentally. Also, if she were to take that $25K she would have at least gotten something out of it. But, would it not have been fair to give half to Carla? I think it would have, but something tells me that didn't even dawn on her. Crazy selfish people in this world, I tell you.

GO BLUE!

Dunno, but it needs to happen more :heart:

:bananalama:

Heck, if I had a body like that, I'd show it off as much as possible (within appropriate limits). :present:

Me too,:cheers2: but I guess that when I looked at her it looked like she on thongs and the waist band was showing.

brown team....i feel for the dad, his time is short. i think his main goal is to get his son to the point when they all go individual...., that's his motivation, cause he just can't compete.

LOVE the blue team.

CAN'T stand crying - of any kind, with any participant.

I think it was just 2 pounds. I have a friend who's nearing 300 lbs, went for a bike ride and gained weight. She told me it was muscle weight.

Um, no, sweetie - not from a bike ride.

I think Jillian's comments were directed for someone who's 300+ and saying that a 2 pound loss in one month was because she gained muscle. All those people at the ranch work out 6-8 hours a day and lose weight...so the chick at home didn't gain muscle. She wasn't doing it.

I think it's funny that the 2 pound chick was the one most pissed at Joelle for making excuses. Heck, I go up and down 2 pounds just by drinking a Slimfast.

No reaction to last night's show? Or has the site been busted for everyone?

Pretty clear waterloading on the part of the immunity pair. Sorry to see one of the guys go, but a bad week is a bad week. Should have been yellow, IMHO. You're there to work on a goal, freaking work on it!

I'm sad that one of the guys had to go. But, I really respect that most all of them voted to keep Dane there, despite Bob whispering to send them home.

It shows that this group is thinking more with their heart than last season, which makes it harder and harder to find one that "deserves" it more than anyone else.

It was definitely Water works for me last night.

That said, I am finding myself routing for the purple team.

I think.

And, I really don't like the pink team as much as the others. The daughter's way of talking just rubs me raw, even though she hasn't done anything on the show that deserves my dislike.

I'm just being a little bitchy, I think, since no one's really shown "true colors" yet, except for Joelle and she's gone.