Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

Not just his comments, but his ACTIONS at home, too!! Omg, FRIED chicken? ? This kid wasn't for real. And frankly, his weight loss versus Dan's since the show says that as well.

Oh, man! We were cussing out David left and right. I was annoyed by the green team at first (I think just the at home-whiny girl) but Tara kicks butt. I love that she chewed him out.

I feel so badly for Dan, but he's lost 100+ so far. I think he'll be able to do it. David...sadly, he'll be one of the 50% that put it back on after the show - if he loses any more as it is.

I was so sad last night.

The silver team annoys the HELL out of me. I hope they get an attitude adjustment and just tone it down some. I am anxious to see how Carla (?) does now that she's back on the ranch...is she all talk, or will she really kick butt like she says?

Still a good show, but overall I'm very sad that the kids that, IMO, needed it the most were sent home.

Oh, man! We were cussing out David left and right. I was annoyed by the green team at first (I think just the at home-whiny girl) but Tara kicks butt. I love that she chewed him out.

We were too. I wish there was a way that they could have left the two boys ( Dan and the Brown kid) there and Idiot Dave and the Father could have gone home.

Dan's numbers weren't where they should have been. For the show, anyway. I still think 12 pounds in a weeks is pretty darn good even if you're that big. And I'm glad to see Joelle has turned a new leaf. They kept her on 'cause she wasn't losing while at the same time giving her a second chance. Good for her!!! I like how the woman on the purple team told Dan's friend that he just didn't get it. That's how I feel Joelle was until this week - she finally got it. Sometimes I don't think I'VE gotten it yet!!

I am anxious to see how Carla (?) does now that she's back on the ranch...is she all talk, or will she really kick butt like she says??.

i wonder the same?? be interesting to see the partners get weighed next wk.

dan looked good, still has a bunch more to lose - i'd be interested in the friendship between the boys now; as it appears one is into it & the other not so much.

We were too. I wish there was a way that they could have left the two boys ( Dan and the Brown kid) there and Idiot Dave and the Father could have gone home.

I agree!!!

It was pretty clear David didn't want to come back to the ranch and based on his comments, it's clear his addiction to food and current lifestyle is way too strong. He's nowhere near ready for a lifestyle change and even had he come back and been the winner, he would have gained it all back because he doesn't get it. It's been said that the part of our brain that registeres consequences don't get fully developed until the age of 25. Maybe when he's 30 and has his heart attack, he'll get it.

i wonder the same?? be interesting to see the partners get weighed next wk.

dan looked good, still has a bunch more to lose - i'd be interested in the friendship between the boys now; as it appears one is into it & the other not so much.

You nailed it! It seems that they're at a crossroads now. The "fat buddy" thing may be the bond they had.

Also, even though the silver team annoys me, the one that was at home has such good energy. Her, "C'mon now!" and "I'm doing this!" and "Watch out!" really gets me wanting to work out!

Mornin' Bandsters!

Still can't kick my addiction to Biggest Loser - even when I say I'm not going to watch, I do...

Really enthused with Dan's progress, and like most of you, mad as he** at his "partner" and friend. WTF???

Hoping that the Silver team gets their act together - I just can't take another screw-up by that pair. Joelle seriously needs therapy - whoever said that, I agree 100% - and I hope Carla coming back is the kick in the a** that she needs. She'll be able to say things to Joelle that Bob can't...

Watching the show has made me and my family behave better - in fact, we decided to skip the usual thousands of calories in honey BBQ wings that we would eat during the Super Bowl and to make the Rosemary chicken dish that they made on the show. It looked good, we can make different sauces to dip them in, and it'll be a WHOLE lot less calories than the crap we USED to eat.

I've got my favorites this time as well - and I agree that Felipe will be a hottie when he's done. Gotta love Polynesian / Samoan men - they are generally just gorgeous!

Off to work - gotta keep my bills paid! :)

I do like the blue team, just for a little eye candy. Both of them... and I've always had a thing for the black curly hair and thick tan masculine body... LOL Okay, TMI. I hope they can hang on for awhile because I like "watching" them. :)

*Off topic (well kinda)* I am rooting for the Steelers because I just have the hots for Troy Polamalu...

Green team, hmmm... she plays the game really well. What can I say? She packed Water for two weeks and it paid off really well this week. She's a real playa!

Silver team. I guess I'm in the minority when I say I'm really rooting for them. Joelle needs major help, and the longer she stays on the ranch and gets beat down by Bob the better off she'll be. I think with her friend back she will do even better now. She was really lonely I think.

Orange team: Hello! David made those remarks and I knew the outcome right then. Sad but you know what? I think Dan will really show his stuff on the Finale. Go Dan!! Wow, he's really doing great on his own and he's even turning into kind of a cutie!

See y'all next week!

Okay, going off topic here -

Anyone not getting email notifications?

I haven't gotten emails from lbt in weeks. I have to log in and check my fav threads each day.

Anyone else?

Here's an Update on David and Daniel from their local Paper

'Biggest Loser' journey over for local teen - Lifestyles - News & Observer

It gives some insight as to why David's attitude was. David is now down 60 pounds.

I would like to say that I know there's a lot of disgust at David for what he said. Though, he was being honest. It also shows How tough it is to start changing your lifestyle when you are that heavy. Come on people, we all have struggled and fallen from the bandwagon. It's why we are here and looking or gotten the lap-band to help us.

He started slow but has come around WITH OUT the LAP-BAND. He's down 60 pounds. Let's hope he keeps going with it. Or he gets WLS to help him further.

Here's an Update on David and Daniel from their local Paper

'Biggest Loser' journey over for local teen - Lifestyles - News & Observer

It gives some insight as to why David's attitude was. David is now down 60 pounds.

I would like to say that I know there's a lot of disgust at David for what he said. Though, he was being honest. It also shows How tough it is to start changing your lifestyle when you are that heavy. Come on people, we all have struggled and fallen from the bandwagon. It's why we are here and looking or gotten the lap-band to help us.

He started slow but has come around WITH OUT the LAP-BAND. He's down 60 pounds. Let's hope he keeps going with it. Or he gets WLS to help him further.

That is a very valid point IMO. I can't even remember how many times I would tell myself "Okay, Monday I'm going to start my new routine..." In fact, I STILL do that!

I'm sorry, but his attitude is just. not. acceptable. He bumped out tens of thousands of people for that spot, and he didn't even really care about doing the work or losing the weight. It's one thing if we pay for or have insurance pay for our bands and then don't give a crap; but to me it's totally different if what you do causes another to not get the help.

I understand how hard it is to stick with the lifestyle change and how easy it is to fall off the bandwagon. We all do. I sympathize with anyone trying to make a change that big.

However, he came on the show with his friend (as a team). IMO, he was being selfish. If it were me, I wouldn't have said anything and I would have stuck it out FOR MY FRIEND, even if I didn't want to be there. They made a commitment to each other and IMO, he didn't do his part.

Having said that, I really do hope they both succeed. I'm looking forward to seeing them both in the finale.