Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

I thought the dancing girl was the fiancee?

Does he really deserve to be there? Even whiny a$$, bad attitude Joelle did better than him.

he lost 30lbs the wk before; that's hard to replicate even knowing he has much, much more to lose. i have to assume his body is adjusting & doubtful he Water loaded.

that kid just gets to my heartstrings & am concerned he does not have a support system at home - such as his friend (who ordered 2 dogs & fries) on his first day back, while with his obese family eating the same.

Yeah, it was sad to see that the first thing he went back to was an obese family indulging in the very thing that keeps them trapped in their body prisons.

My DH said that the boy should have taken the $25k, left the show and got a band. He'd have had a better chance of keeping the weight off long term with a band than to keep up with an exercise regiment of 6-8 hours a day living off salads and fish for the rest of his life (especially considering the fact that he'd been grossly obese all of his life and came from a family who were grossly obese).

DH and DD were at the hospital the first part of the show... what exactly was the temptation? from what i saw all they had to do was cross the line ??? did they get any sort of weight penalty or whatever?

i agree, voting off the kid would have been a mistake, especially hearing from you guys that the teammate went out and ate that garbage... **shaking head**.

i cant believe how well Jerry did at home! he looks amazing.

silver team ... grrr... its like Bob said, there were so many people who wanted to be there and were willing to make the commitment. i so wanted her to go home last night... but if she keeps up the "exercising" the way she wants vs what she should be doing, she'll be going home soon enough - if she slips below the yellow line, she'll get voted off really quickly - especially if Bob makes his team run or do whatever with her until she gets it right!!

DH and DD were at the hospital the first part of the show... what exactly was the temptation? from what i saw all they had to do was cross the line ??? did they get any sort of weight penalty or whatever?

Cross the line, leave the game and get $25,000 in your pocket.

To those questioning, yes, the Detroit area is a pit and house prices are crazy low. Here's a listing for 4500, and it's in no way the cheapest house listed.

post-240658-13813138051055_thumb.jpg

Cross the line, leave the game and get $25,000 in your pocket.

To those questioning, yes, the Detroit area is a pit and house prices are crazy low. Here's a listing for 4500, and it's in no way the cheapest house listed.

I thought she was exaggerating.

I thought she was exaggerating.

No, I knew she wasn't exaggerating.

I was watching the news about a month back and it showed where one investor snapped up 10 houses for about $169,000. Total. He was then fixing them up a bit and selling them at a reduced rate so that people could get into their very first homes.

Wow! I thought she meant $5000.00 down to get in a house - that is crazy - I had no idea.

I'm a little slow in posting, was out last night and am just now watching the show. Joelle is freakin' nuts! Is she posessed or something? I'm glad Bob reamed her a new one even though it didn't seem to have any effect. Looks like Jerry did well at home with his family. Poor Dan, it has got to be hard to be so overweight at his age. I really hope he makes it through the whole show!

I finally got to watch last night's episode. I was so mad that Joelle went above the yellow line. Ugh. She will be gone soon enough. I was sad to see Jerry go home, but him and his wife both look great! That was amazing!

I thought the dancing girl was the fiancee?

I thought it was the "silver roommate". I could be wrong, but I did like the music.:thumbup:

I thought it was the "silver roommate". I could be wrong, but I did like the music.:thumbup:

joelle (the silver partner) lives with her mom, reason she was very tempted to take the 25k & go home and get a house with it. had no idea till manatee posted that homes were that low in the detroit area; i too thought the 5k would have been a down payment...

Whazzup y'all! :angry:

Watched TBL like the rest of ya - was wishing and hoping that Joelle would go home (silver team). What a lazy butt! I laughed so hard when Bob lost it, and then said he was "possessed by Jillian" at the weigh-in. She deserved every word of it!

So sorry to see Jerry go home - but proud of his results so far...he and his wife are looking MUCH better. Unfortunately, I didn't see the piece about orange's roommate - WTF?;)

Yes, housing prices in Detroit are just that bad! I grew up there and know some of the neighborhoods well. My mom told me she and my father spent just under $7k for the house I grew up in: 4 bedrooms, full attic and basement, front parlor, good sized kitchen, foyer, living room. When we sold the house to my nephew over 20 years later when I married and moved to CT, she sold it to him for the same exact price. Family love, yes, but the assessed value of the house wasn't much higher - even AFTER we added two additional lots to the property when other homes were torn down. It's a big mess, but an investor's market.

I know of people who have bought several houses for dirt cheap prices, done the cosmetic fixes (paint, wallpaper, updated floors) and turned them over for modest profits. Not huge profits, but definately enough to keep them doing it.

Here's hoping for NO DRAMA this season - I had enough last season, as most of you have.

On a personal note, I'm doing well after my first fill. Good restriction, and the scale is moving in a positive direction. Now if only I could get back into my workouts, I'd be very happy! I'm still walking, but my gym time has been severely impacted by the busy season at work...:(

Sorry, I meant Joelle's friend. Yep, I was thinking the same thing about the housing market. I'm like dang, I got ripped off with our house.:(

But where I thought she was silly was to think if she got the money,bought her a home, could she maintain it and what about her friend. That within itself was sort of selfish to me.

Yep, Ebony, I really laughed when Bob began to "beep", "beep", and "beep".;)

I finally watched last night during my stationary bike routine. I love working out and watching at the same time. Gives me so much motivation! When Bob was going through the little tiff with Joelle and he would count down the 30 seconds, I would pump up the volume to the bike as hard as I could... it was great. I got p'd though because Joelle would give up 5-10 seconds early. I mean c'mon. You can push it an extra 5-10 seconds. She's a slacker.

I don't watch the show ever until the next day, I DVR it. I avoid this thread like the plague so I don't see any spoilers. It's fun though! I'll always get the last word in most likely.

This season is really good! I'm rooting for Dan this time. I can't even imagine... as I used to starve myself in HS just so I wouldn't be the tiniest bit overweight. I also used to do things I'm not really proud of to stay that way. It messed up my metabolism for sure, and I struggle now. I'm a completely different person now, and even though I have a moment here and there that I just want to have a little something greasy, I always get back to business.

Dan's partner not only ate two hotdogs and a large plate of fries, but I also noticed he polished off a pretty big burger too. Amazing. I'm sure Dan would be appalled.

The green girl... she definitely fudged her numbers knowing she was safe this week. It will work to her advantage most likely next week.

TTFN