Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

More than likely, the the producers wanted the bigger kid (I already forgot his name) on the show, and asked him if he had a fat friend to come along. I don't believe that the other kid really wanted to be on this show in the first place.

Omg, Joelle is such a self-centered bitch. I am GLAD she's gone but sad for her friend. The friend worked her butt off and lost out because Joelle could only offer lip service yet again.

And to think that all these months later she won't even talk to her friend?? With friends like Joelle, who needs enemies? :angry:

I disagree. It was obvious from the early episodes and the home episode that they were never truly friends. Carla is a domineering jerk, and I'm not surprised Joelle wants nothing to do with her.

Joelle passive aggressive sabotage this episode? Yeah, probably -- but did you see the body language the MOMENT Carla showed back up? Hostile...

I disagree. It was obvious from the early episodes and the home episode that they were never truly friends. Carla is a domineering jerk, and I'm not surprised Joelle wants nothing to do with her.

Joelle passive aggressive sabotage this episode? Yeah, probably -- but did you see the body language the MOMENT Carla showed back up? Hostile...

No, actually I didn't see the body language. Carla may SEEM like a domineering jerk to you, but I see somebody who, pretty much from the get-go, wanted to do this. Joelle, on the other hand, wasn't really into this. She almost took the money early on, and she didn't push at all most of the time, losing TWO pounds one time and ZERO tonight. That would make me seem like a "domineering jerk" too if I came back to Joelle's blase attitude constant whining and excuses as that's all Joelle seems to be able to overwork is her mouth.

Joelle may not be The Biggest Loser, but she is a loser in my book as far as relationships and team spirit go.

No surprises tonight.

I wonder how long Brown team will be able to hang in there? They've made it below the line twice in a row. How far along do they get before they split up the teams so that both members of the team aren't eliminated? I don't see the Dad making it in the long run, but it'd be a shame to send the son home.

Actually, I didn't like Joelle or Carla. I will agree that Carla worked her butt off this week and Joelle didn't, but they both get on my last nerve. Like Manatee, I have to wonder if they were even friends to begin with.

I thought it was interesting how Bob and Jillian interjected comments when the returning contestants weigh ins were done and told them ... hey,it is what it is, now get to work!. And Jillian wasn't happy with her lady Aubrey I think, that said I think I build muscle weight and ... nope, you didn't burn enough calories for the calories you ate. Accept it and be thankful to be on the ranch to get the help you need.

I was not surprised with the outcome of this weeks show. I am glad that Joelle is gone and the contestants remaining appear to want to be there. Why waste everyone's time if you don't want to be there. I really wonder about the brown team's dad inability to lose weight. Is it because of the gastric surgery that he had done and the inability to digest food correctly or does he not want to do the work to lose the weight. Although I know I couldn't go on the show and do what they do, it is such a wonderful inspiration for me, I need that.

I agree about Carla and Joelle not being "very" good friends to began with cause if I had a close friend I'd know how dedicated she'd be to me and we would have worked out butts off like the pink team. The brown team dad knew that he had a chance to stay on the ranch cause of Joelle's spaced-out attitude, but how long is he going to use HIS son as an excuse to stay there.

I was totally surprised to see how Joelle acted toward Carla at the end of the show. Obviously Carla thought that they could at least be friendly toward each other, unless this is a "drama" tactic by the producers. I think that Joelle needs some counseling because she just doesn't get it.

I do like Carla, and the green team girl that came back, I don't like her.

ok for me it was obvious from show 1 that Carla is a bitch-she is"friends" with joelle because joelle is a emotional mess and she can bully and control her-she practicly begged to go home so if they failed it could always in her mind be joelles fault-never liked her.i also think joelle has some serious issues-deep issues she needs to address-her personality implies some serious lifetime abuse and having been surrounded by pushy bullies her whole life.

Ahhh....man! I didn't watch the show last night and clicked in her by habit...and strange desire to read ahead. I'll still watch the show tonight, though (DVR'd it). I'm glad the silver team went home, though.

Bet Joelle wishes she'd taken that 25k, though. :cursing:

Personally, I find Carla just as annoying as Joelle. I don't necessary agree Joelle or Carla has "issues". C'mon people, they're fat, and they're fat because they ate more calories than they burned over their lifetime. Do we always have to dissect the reasons why we eat? Does everything have to be psychoanalyzed?

anyone who puts up with people like carla and considers them friends-definitely has self esteem issues.