Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

biggest loser - '09

Makes you wonder if the producers of the show "influence" the votes. Joelle is the one everyone loves to hate and she puts out a lot of drama whereas the engaged couple were nice and sweet, but not much drama. The show is about ratings after all.

I totally agree!!! I was so mad I was yelling at the TV, LOL I think she was crying because she WANTED to go home!!

I bet Joelle's regretting not taking the $25K when she had the chance.

I bet Joelle's regretting not taking the $25K when she had the chance.

i couldnt agree more ... cause even if they keep her around for awhile, there's NO WAY she is going to win any money unless its another challenge/temptation....

couple thoughts -

* i get the yellow team misses her family, but she has to stop the Water works. makes it hard for me to root for her through the tears.

* green team - she is fierce; and determined & knows how to play the game...

* black team - SAA; they're tough competitors.

* orange - i think he needs more personal medical intervention...same with the brown dad. and oranges' partner does not need fried chicken, he needs a better support system - one that does not make food temptations readily available.

* purple - KICKED ASS, i really wanted her to win immunity.

* red team - looked great. i can speak to doing the weight loss thing w/a partner (DH), makes a world of difference rather than trying to fight it alone. look forward in seeing them in the finale

*** silver, hmmm. i think joelle needs a psych appt, and i don't say that to be mean. the fact she shuts down so readily, you can see the struggle she has forming personal relationships & being able to communicate.*** i hope they see that.

finally - smart move to get rid of red by jillians team. keep the problem in tact; but that just might have the reverse affects from bobs team - getting even!!!!

next wk - UGH, i hope the promos are not real.

Where was Dan during the temptation...does anyone know?

DH and I were wondering the same thing. At first I thought I missed it, but I hit rewind and still didn't see him or his partner do the temptation. In fact, it really didn't show Dan very much at all this episode.

couple thoughts -

* i get the yellow team misses her family, but she has to stop the Water works. makes it hard for me to root for her through the tears.

* green team - she is fierce; and determined & knows how to play the game...

* black team - SAA; they're tough competitors.

* orange - i think he needs more personal medical intervention...same with the brown dad. and oranges' partner does not need fried chicken, he needs a better support system - one that does not make food temptations readily available.

* purple - KICKED ASS, i really wanted her to win immunity.

* red team - looked great. i can speak to doing the weight loss thing w/a partner (DH), makes a world of difference rather than trying to fight it alone. look forward in seeing them in the finale

*** silver, hmmm. i think joelle needs a psych appt, and i don't say that to be mean. the fact she shuts down so readily, you can see the struggle she has forming personal relationships & being able to communicate.*** i hope they see that.

finally - smart move to get rid of red by jillians team. keep the problem in tact; but that just might have the reverse affects from bobs team - getting even!!!!

next wk - UGH, i hope the promos are not real.

You forgot the blue team! They are my favorite now, especially after last night. I think the green team girl that's on the ranch is determined, it's her drama queen partner that's gonna be the next Joelle. Remember the first week?

You forgot the blue team! They are my favorite now, especially after last night. I think the green team girl that's on the ranch is determined, it's her drama queen partner that's gonna be the next Joelle. Remember the first week?

yes the blue team i did forget & others. the one on the ranch - love him, the one at home...not so much. in the opening he was seen like orange's partner at home eating food he should not..., he also had no problem during the temptation challenge eating 900+ calories.

green girl back home - didn't appear whinny as she did in the beginning, turning down temptation & making decent food choices while out with friends.

i also didn't mention pink , i'm charmed by the mother / daughter team!!!

I think when Filipe (Blue Team?) loses the weight, he's going to be a major hotty. He has a gorgeous face. :thumbup:

Did you see this?

"A contestant on NBC's "The Biggest Loser" is just that after a run-in with the law this week.

Shanon Thomas, 30, was arrested on Tuesday - the day the show debuted - on charges of domestic violence after she allegedly used a bag of flour to assault a tenant who lived in her house. If convicted, she could face more than three months in jail, according to reports.

According to the police complaint, the altercation unfolded on Dec. 16 in her suburban Detroit home after Thomas yelled at a man who lived in her basement to lower the TV volume.

Thomas is alleged to have "kicked open the door" to his basement apartment and attacked him with the flour, damaging some of his personal property in the process. He has since moved out.

Police are withholding the victim's name and would not specify why they waited nearly a month before arresting Thomas.

Thomas was arraigned and released on $2,000 bond shortly after police took her into custody.

On "Loser," Thomas, a massage therapist, makes up one half of the Pink Team. Her teammate, Helen Phillips, is her mother. "

That's awful. I mean, yeah, it's kinda bad to lose your cool like that but hey, it's not like she attacked him with a knife or anything. It certainly doesn't warrant a 2 month jail sentence. If she wasn't a "reality TV celebrity", this would be brushed aside as a misdemeanor at worst and certainly wouldn't be national news.

So what is up with the BrownDad and his rolls? Did he already loose 100 lbs before the show? I tried looking on the official sites, but there's not a lot of information on him.

So what is up with the BrownDad and his rolls? Did he already loose 100 lbs before the show? I tried looking on the official sites, but there's not a lot of information on him.

Brown Dad had gastric bypass in the past.

As for pink daughter's "assault" I think the media is more fascinated because she was on this show and then assaulted him with a food product. It is pretty funny:lol:

Drama seems to keep this show going, IMO. I think the red team was more of a threat then the Silver so he was voted off. Perhaps there is some producer intervention but who really needs that to get the drama going? The contestants get wrapped up in the game and forget the goals, its seems

He did have the Gastric Bypass. They didn't really go into detail on how much he lost and gained back, but my own personal theory is this... He lost massive amounts of weight and ended up having the excess skin removed, then gained it all back and then some.

His stomach is just plain strange looking.

I was also thinking that if someone goes to all that trouble to have surgery and gain it all back, more than likely he will gain it back again after the show. He needs to seriously seek counseling on why he can't seem to keep the weight off. You have to do some serious eating to gain weight back after surgery.

wow, what a night. cant believe David and the comments he made... i dont think i could be his friend after how his comments affected the game... : /