Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I too tight???

I had my 2nd fill day before Thanksgiving. Since then I have been having a REALLY hard time. In the mornings - I can not even get Water down... As the day goes on I can get some water down and then maybe just some yogurt (way later in the day). When I have tried to eat ANYthing (and believe me I am chewing VERY well) I am PBing it or vomitting - every single time. Obviously it sounds like I am too tight right? But what I am confused about is that I have only lost 5 pounds in over a month of eating nothing... So this is why I don't want to get an unfill...

Advice??

hi steph, i had my third fill on Friday (1/2/09) and am having a very hard time so I started looking around at different threads for advice and found yours.

my last fill, back in August for very tight for the first day (not as bad as now) but then it got better, I am thinking it was swelling which is probably what is going on now but...I read your tread and wanted to tell you about this poster my doctor gave me. its called "stay in the green zone", green zone means your adjustment is perfect and you will have optimum weight loss. There is also the orange zone (add fluid) and the red zone (remove fluid). You sound like you are in the red zone.

red zone description - poor food choices, regurgitation, discomfort while eat, poor weight loss, and night cough.

orange zone description - hungry between meals, eating large portions, not losing weight

GREEN ZONE - not hungry, good weight loss, Portion Control, patient satisfaction.

hope this helps...going to search more on how long I should wait to go and get some removed.

Thank You!!! That helps a lot! I have an appt 1/15 - so I think I am going to ask him to take some out! It makes sense that when it is too tight you make poor food choices - because you will just eat whatever goes down (icecream) :thumbup:

Thanks Again!!

hi steph

you totally made my laugh about the ice cream... I got married Nov 1 and had ordered my dress in Feb, well before I even thought about getting the band. Well the dress came and I had lost 45 lbs already, so for the month of Oct, while the steamstress was completing re-doing my dress (the alternations were almost as much as the dress) I eat ice cream almost every day because it went down so easily and gave me the extra calories so I wouldn't lose more before the wedding. Boy do I miss it :-) good luck on the 15th

That is hilarious! I too got married in the midst of it all! I got married 9/6 - oprdered my dress in March and it came in June - and first fitting I had lost 40... Luckily I was in the process of getting the lap band when I ordered my dress - because I ordered it a sz smaller and made sure to get a corsette (sp?) back! So it ended up working perfectly! Thank Goodness!

Hi Stephiee, Congrats on being a new bride. I just had an unfill 3 and half weeks ago and have since gained 5 pds but have decided that is ok cause I know it was because of poor food choices over the holidays. I really overdid it and intend to get back on track. The reason my Dr. did the unfill is because I was throwing up at least every other dAY AND

{sorry} and sometimes daily. My Dr. was concerned that if I continued this that I might suffer a slip. I would rather have to try a little harder than to have to have this re-done or even worse to have to have the band taken out totally.