Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 29th anyone????

I too was banded the 29th and I'm really bloated and my ankles and fingers are really swollen. Is everybody else retaining alot of Water too?? I'm also having some kind of spasm in my stomach. It lasts for about 4 seconds and I just breathe through it. Is anybody else having this too??

Other than those issues, I'm doing okay. My head hunger is trying to get the best of me, but it's close to that TOM so it too shall pass!!

Good luck to everybody!!

So I have not been hungry at all, actually its the opposite I really do not have an appetite, which is a problem getting all the Protein down. Thank God for Isopure. Lots of gas, which sucks but haven't had to take a pain pill at all today.

I too was banded the 29th and I'm really bloated and my ankles and fingers are really swollen. Is everybody else retaining alot of Water too?? I'm also having some kind of spasm in my stomach. It lasts for about 4 seconds and I just breathe through it. Is anybody else having this too??

Other than those issues, I'm doing okay. My head hunger is trying to get the best of me, but it's close to that TOM so it too shall pass!!

Good luck to everybody!!

Greetings:

I have all the above also. The swelling of my fingers is better today. The spasm I think is more in my chest but very short lived. We are moving along and are going to be great soon!!

Holly

Banded Jan. 29th 2009

weight.png[/img]

Edited by hollyberry8
wrong year lol

I am on full liquids (carnation instant mixed with powdered milk and skim milk)...I am not nearly getting in enough Protein or Water. (Maybe 12-15 oz of each per day!) I can't tell if I am full or gassy, so I stop and try again later...How is everyone else making out?

Hello all!

I am back home recovering! Had my surgery at 1.15pm on Thursday and was out of the hospital by 9.30am the next morning. I hated staying in the hospital and couldn't wai to get out. The surgeon was surprised to see me sitting up with my bag packed by the time he came to see me in the morning. I wanted to go home and sleep!

I have been stuggling to get my fluids down. I called the dietitian this morning as I was worried that I wasn't drinking enough, however I have this feeling of fullness and I'm worried I might move the band if I keep going.

She told me to keep sipping as I need to get everything working again. My diaphragm might be tight which is giving me the feeling. She also asked about my stool movements. :tongue: This morning was the first time I went and I did stuggle a little. She told me this could also be why I have that tight feeling across my tummy and that I should take some Benefibre and some pear juice. I couldn't find pear juice at the shop, so I've just grabbed the benefibre. Fingers crossed this helps.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bel

I thought I would put an update on here that all wh where done on the 29th may find useful. I noticed today near my port incision that there was an awkward "balloon" type swelling. I called the Dr who asked that I come in. Theyactually felt that I looked good and the swelling was just a collection of dluid that should go away. Since I was there they made this my post op follow up appointment. Tomorrow is 7 days and they have allowed me to move onto eggs today. It felt sooo good to get some texture into my system. I know everyone is curious to the liquid stage and thought I would share this...Good luck!

Lucky you eye! I'm jealous!!!!

I have a phone appointment with my dietitian on the 10th of Jan and I'm hoping she will allow me to go to mushies then, but if not then it's only another couple of days.

I hope everyone is doing well and healing nicely!

Bel

Hi All,

I am a little late getting started on the "29ers" club, but better late than never!! I hope everyone is doing well. It really is a big adjustment, but I think supporting each other will really help. I go for my 1st check up next friday and am very excited to see how much I have lost!!! How do I get one of those weight loss things at the end of my post???

Keep up the good work guys

Mandi

I began mushies today!! Never been so excited to eat tuna and cottage cheese!! :thumbup: How is everyone else doing with the mushy diet? Any ideas? (maybe I will post seperately on the Jan '09 board to get a wider view!) :confused:

never has tuna and fat free plain yoghurt tasted SSSSOOOOOO good!!!! hope everyone is doing well. We are 1 week down....a life time to go!:confused:

weight.png

Edited by mandirn

I am doing great on this new stage, I HATE LIQUIDS! I have had small portions of scrambled eggs a few times already and mashed potatos. I finally feel normal again. With the liquid diet I just had no energy. Today is the 3rd day I have been on stage two and I finally feel like I am able to go back to work. For dinner I am making some Ricotta cheese with gravy over it( Kind of a lasagna with out the noodles) My nutrionist suggested the cheese I asked about the gravy and she thought that was a great idea.

January 29th right here! Everything went great! I am feeling really good today. Was really shocked when i got on the scale this morning!

Good luck to everybody!!

Hey Mississippi girl! I have experienced how i can only describe as a hiccup (short breath) every 5 minutes from my chest. But for sure its not normal hiccups that you feel in your stomach. I started experiencing it on day 5 through day 8. my doctor says to not drink hot or cold and see if that helps. It seems to have slowed way down but not sure if it helps to consume liquids at room temp or if it just time that im healing from surgery?