Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 29th anyone????

Yahoo! My Band date is January 29th.:) at South Town Surgical Center SLC Ut. I am on board. I'll be reading and watching for your success messages.

Great to see there are a few of us scheduled for the 29th!!

I have been for all of my pro-op appointments and am still really excited about the surgery. It is still in the back of my mind that there are risks, but I think the slight risk is well worth it!

How is everyone else going with their pre-surgery schedule?

I am on a liquid diet and i'm HUNGRY!!! :(:cursing::)

One of the benefits of banding is the feeling of fullness... THAT I CAN'T WAIT FOR!

Hello,

I'm scheduled for the 29th, too! Glad to find you all! It is 3:30 in the morning right now. My first-ever post and I am a little nervous! I don't have to start a pre-op (all liquid!) diet until this Thursday; but I am at least doing low-fat for now--I wonder why it varies so much? What are these PB's they are all talking about? It sounds like throwing up, but I don't know what PB stands for-please tell me-the 'slime' search almost sent me over the edge.

So my list so far is:

• Vitalady.com Protein drink samples (ordered & on the way)
  • sugar free carnation instant breakfasts (for pre-op only--good, but not healthy enough for post-op)
  • SF popsicles
  • Water
  • crystal light mixes
  • protein Water mix--special K is good, but not the highest recommended, they tell me
  • broth
  • Jello
  • gas X strips (for surgery)
  • chloraceptic (SP?) throat strips (for surgery)
  • gummy bear Vitamins (for kids, from rite aid, etc. and they are good) other various chewable 'complete' Vitamins are being tested, but none are really 'good' so far.
  • 'travel' Kleenex for slimes and pb's (yikes!)
  • what about stool softeners? Can we take that the night before--would it help?--I'll ask at my last appt with the surgeon later in the week.
  • I still want to do searches for fitday.com; daily plate, body bugg;
  • search for that ticker thing
  • take official 'pre'-pictures!
  • will, insurance etc., in order-just in case

Please tell me what else I forgot for this list!

I only have one lingering concern: did anyone read the studies about the grelin (those hungry hormones) problems for LB surgery v. RNY since it is thought to be made in the stomach and we are keeping ours attached?

[if this stuff should be posted somewhere else, please tell me-I am a total newbie who can't sleep, so please forgive me in advance.]

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm taking a small pillow (they said it would help on the ride home) to hold it against your stomach. Gas x check. ID. check. Ins. card check. Yep, I like lists to bandiegirl. Best wishes to us all.

weight.png[/img]

what is everyone taking to the hospital? so far, I have jammies, slippers, toiletries (body wash, toothpaste, face wash and wipes, deodorant...), gas x, spirometer, ID, insurance card, magazines/book, phone and charger and a small pillow....anything else? (I am a big believer in overpacking, can you tell?)

Good luck to Everyone tomorrow!! Check in as soon as you can! :cursing:

Kristil

Oh, my cell phone! I wonder if I would have really forgotten it. Thanks Krisil! Well, here I go asking probable another stupid question but what is a spirometer?

weight.png[/img]

i got banded on January 29th with Dr. Oritz. Everything went great. I am very happy with my expierence.

Edited by Amy D
trying to fix my wieght ticker

Well 29ers how are we all doing? Alittle better every day, I pray. I was so happy when I got on the scales this AM and was down total of 15 lbs. Now I need to change my weight ticker.

We can do this now with our new bionic part. lol. but just in type hurts to much for now.

weight.png[/img]

I think that I will wait to hop on the scale at my two week appt...with all of the bloating I feel, I am scared that I haven't lost anything!!:thumbup: I am on full liquids until Friday and am already anticipating that mushy food phase! On the liquids, I have been only able to get around 3 or 4 oz of CIB or Soups at a sitting. I sip my Water constantly (I keep it by the bed for middle of the night sips!) I have gone cold turkey off the percocet and tried the liquid tylenol,which is helping...Only a little while longer until we are feeling 100%!!

I was banded on the 29th. Came home on Saturday. So far so good. Im tolerating foods, minimal pain. I'll be glad when Im further in the recovery process, but all is well.

I was also banded on the 29th. each day I feel better. I have only taken pain meds to sleep. My stomach is still tender. I have been struggling with the 60 grams of protien they want me to get, and I was starving yeaterday. I feel ok so far today. I have a follow up on 2-6. I am crossing my fingers that he will let me move onto the mush food.< /p>

Welcome new January banders! More of us have made it in at the end of the month. For those of us who can belch that is good rather than not getting it out as fast.

Every doc is different. I am glad I don't have to try to get 60 grams of protien down now. Though, I'm thankful for Protein Water. Love your sign offs, all is well and soon to be 100%.

Holly

weight.png[/img]

Banded January 29th, 2009