Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Perth Bandsters - your stories & successes

Hi bridetobe,

How r u going?? im getting done by dolan on the 27th of jan at glenngarry.

tas

HI all , I am another Perth bandster . Banded on the 30th March 2007 by Dr Sue Taylor, I have lost 53 kgs since I got the ball rolling 30 months back . I was 147.5kgs at the start ,but got down to 133kgs by the time I was banded. I had to get my weight down a little as Dr Taylor tried to band me 10 months earlier, but she could not get the band passed my liver, 14.5 kgs off and bingo the band went in no problem . 20 months after surgery I am now down to 94.5kgs. I have had to buy all new clothes , gee thats a good feeling .They say lap banding is not a silver bullit but for me thats exactly what it was. LG ( life is good ) cheers .... Paul

Edited by appspaul

Hi All,

I was banded by Dr Watson at SJOG Murdoch on 19th March 2008. Since then I've lost over 25kgs which I'm pretty happy with, particularly given I had fill removed while I was overseas for 7 weeks holiday and I ate and drank up a storm!! Anyway, if you want to read up on my journey feel free to check out my blog.

Em :wink_smile:

Hi Emma sorry to read you are having such probs with the band , try vita-weat 9 grains as your bread , great with chicken pate. Or fish steamed with a cheese sauce and mash is very good with the band , sherperds pie is one of my favorites or smoked fish pie. happy to give you the recipes for these dishes should you want them kind regards ....... Paul......PS ...the ring looks very nice

Edited by appspaul

Hi Tas31

Still the same, second fill on Fri YAY I cant wait.

Glengarry is where I went! The nurses are SO SO nice. Make sure they pull the tubes out of your nose/mouth as soon as you get out (ask whoever is going with you to ask them) and what else.

OH! You cant drink until the next day after you get the liquid that tastes like charcol... its pretty gross. I dont know why Dolan doesnt let you drink, everyone else does. My answer? Get a cup of Water and rinse your mouth out (without swallowing it).... Best advice ever because you feel pretty rank.

Otherwise the whole thing was fine, and Dolan whilst being a bit abrupt (like most doctors) is really fantastic.

good luck!!!

Hi Emma sorry to read you are having such probs with the band , try vita-weat 9 grains as your bread , great with chicken pate. Or fish steamed with a cheese sauce and mash is very good with the band , sherperds pie is one of my favorites or smoked fish pie. happy to give you the recipes for these dishes should you want them kind regards ....... Paul......PS ...the ring looks very nice

Thanks Paul. I'm getting some fill removed tomorrow but thanks for the tips. For the past few weeks everything is coming back up (although I did manage to keep 2 sushi rolls down yesterday for lunch - yay!) including drinks, so I know I need adjusting. Wouldn't mind the shepards pie recipe though!

Ta

Em

Hi Emma, I hope all goes well tomorrow and you feel better . I will send you the shepherds pie recipe

Edited by appspaul

I was banded by Dr Watson on the 1st of August 08 and have lost 21kgs so far.

I had about 28kgs to lose all up, so I'm not too far from my goal weight now.

Hi Lello , well done 21kgs in five months is a very good effort to say the least, I am also close to target weight 15 stone in the old scales is what the my doctor tells me I should be as I have a big build . But another 5 or 6 kilos won't go a miss, around 87-88 kilos would be good weight for me . Anyway I am glad the band has been a success for you...regards .....Paul

Edited by appspaul

I was banded on March 19 '08 by Dr Watson. I have been thrilled to find the weight just fell off and I have pretty much hit my goal already. Its the best decision I have ever made.

Hi Nat , yes most of us bandsters would agree that it was the best decision we ever made . It was for me thats for sure , I am almost at target weight . Sounds like you went gang busters after banding , 10 months to get where you are now is a very fast result well done . regards ........Paul

Hey fellow Perth bandsters , would be nice if we all have a get together some time this year . Any suggestions as to where we could hold a venue like a pub or kings park for a byo picnic would be OK . cheers .....Paul

Edited by appspaul