Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the holiday detox early, anyone wanna join me?

Lots of posts to read today, and lots of newly committed bandsters coming together for support, now that is what I needed to read after yesterday's drama.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I did liquids for Breakfast and lunch, but had a nice dinner planned and had a little.

Today, full liquids so far, 3 shakes and a sugar free Jello. I actually have a headache coming on, from the detoxing of my system from sweets, etc. It's welcomed today, since I know I'm doing great.

So after researching the bodybugg, I went to 24hourfitness.com and purchased one. They have the new smaller version out, and the new display watch was free with purchase right now, so I got both for $249. Just another tool to help keep me on track. I should get it by Wednesday, and I'm so looking forward to it. Happy New Year to ME!!!!

So a question for all of you out there, how often are you going to weigh yourselves???

I think we should all do it at the same time, and post our results, loss or gain, and maybe it can be motivating for us. Any other suggestions are welcome too, just tryng to keep the motivation and support going. Maybe every Monday since today is when most of us are starting.

I propose a toast, I know it's early, but what the heck. Here's to us, a New Year, a New Attitude, and a New Committment to US.

Cheer, Cheer!!:frown::thumbup::crying:

Hello all old friends and new...Sign me up and kick my butt a bit. I deserve it! :-) Now let the party begin...here's to new beginnings...

Hello, Leslie. Let the ass-whoopins begin!

I'm kinda with y'all, though not yet for the same reason (notice I said "yet," lol). After getting my fill today, I'm kinda on the same thing, so I'm in.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Lynnette - I weigh myself weekly at the doctor (well - pre-burned down the wagon - wish I only fell off). Lately it's every day, but that's because I'm just anal. I say once a week...

Beth, BBK - thanks for the ass whoopins (as beth so elliquently put it - lol)...it's a big butt, I'm a big girl, I can take it!

I'm drooling over a bodybugg...(leave that one for another post - ok get your minds out of the gutter!!)

Beth, BBK - thanks for the ass whoopins (as beth so elliquently put it - lol)...it's a big butt, I'm a big girl, I can take it!

Hey, don't let the whimpy little Virginny thing fool ya. I'm a transplant from Texas. We're used to big things. :frown:

OK, at least I'm not the only one here who can't stay off the darn scale. I just weighed myself a few minutes ago, down to 178 tonight:thumbup:, so that's 3 pounds less than yesterday when I weighed in about 10am:omg_smile:, and I even ate dinner last night after my liquid breakfast and dinner. That's enough to keep me motivated this evening to not eat anything, well, maybe a sugar free Jello, cause they are so darn good!

If I get rid of this headache, maybe I could do a little excercise too.

Detox is working ladies, keep it up!!

Ok, I made it through day 1. I have a headache coming on this evening so I guess it is working. I am a certified scale addict, so I weigh every time I go to the bathroom at home (I haven't figured out a way to get a scale into work without someone else seeing it). I am down 2 pounds since Friday (finally) so I am motivated to keep going. I second that toast! Here is to us! Forget waiting for Thursday.

Ok, I made it through day 1. I have a headache coming on this evening so I guess it is working. I am a certified scale addict, so I weigh every time I go to the bathroom at home (I haven't figured out a way to get a scale into work without someone else seeing it). I am down 2 pounds since Friday (finally) so I am motivated to keep going. I second that toast! Here is to us! Forget waiting for Thursday.

This reminds me of a joke:

"All men want to see women naked, right?

Okay men, do you know what you need to do?

Move the scale into the living room, because no woman will step on the scale with a stich of clothing on!"

Isn't that the truth and my scale is in the coldest room of the house. And who said we can't weigh daily or even 3x a day???

OH Juli, how funny is that. I wonder if it works when the hubby is watching WWE like he is now. Probably not, but it's my bedtime and I;m ending the day with 751 calories, and 99 grams of Protein. What a day, and it's over.

G'night all. See you all tomorrow.

I can't EVEN tell anybody what I did at WW one day to get my 25 pound star. I was .2 pounds off. I have no shame.

This reminds me of a joke:

"All men want to see women naked, right?

Okay men, do you know what you need to do?

Move the scale into the living room, because no woman will step on the scale with a stich of clothing on!"

*raises hand* Yup, that's me.

Hell, I'd get nekked in my doctor's office if... okay, that day will likely come. I have no shame. :party:

OMG! I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm starting tomorrow myself. I did Water and tea all day today to purge myself (just a slider kind of weekend!) and I'm starting my Protein day one tomorrow.

Thanks BooBooKitty for starting this. I think it's just what I needed.

Mnn2501: It's not a diet! It's a weight loss plan...just like what you are doing right now to have caused you to lose 6 lbs over the holidays. A "diet" is just what you eat. We are ALL on a weight loss plan. I hope your weight loss never stalls and you have to worry about what you are doing wrong and figure out how to help yourself. And play nice for Pete's sake!

Hi Boo Boo,Laura here and looking for some support.I just signed on new today and am feeling panicky.I didn't gain over the Holiday but didn't lose either.I was banded in late August 08 and have lost thirty pounds.I feel like i can still eat way to much after two fills .Is this normal.? I rarely feel my restriction.I am scheduled for another fill on Jan.21st.I am embarrassed for my Dr.to see how little weight I have lost in past two months.I turned right to the Xmas.goodies and feel really guilty and out of control.I know the best advice comes from those who have been there.Help!!!!!!! Laura:w00t:

Laura, I could have written your posting. I had surgery Aug 14 and my 3rd fill is scheduled for the same day. I lost 7 lbs after the 2nd fill and I'm desperately trying to not gain them back.

We can do it! Good luck to everyone!