Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the holiday detox early, anyone wanna join me?

Hi.. Can I start tomorrow with Leslie? I'm scheduled to get a fill on Friday, so that would fit right in. But maybe I should just wait and see if I really do need it? I had my 2nd fill 6 weeks ago and have gotten stuck twice. But it was in situations where it was really my own fault (busy at mall not focused on chewing). I do feel restriction sometimes though. I don't know.. I'll ask the doc what he thinks and go from there.

I do know I indulged in christmas fudge and potato pancakes a bit more than I should have though... So count me in please!

no kidding - she's been gone for too long.

get that leslie ;)- back to your comic relief; we missed it~~~

Yes, we missed Leslie... She has been instructed that she can never leave again. I know where to find her now :laugh:

My name is Michelle and I too am a scale addict.

My name is Brandy and I am a scale addict *Standing at the podium*

HAHA I :mad: my scale.. I would be very sad if it had to go. I would stand on the scale to eat if it would adjust accordingly but it won't.

is in my world - i plan on having a glass tonite.

Well I succumbed to my weaknes.. grapes that have been squished with barefeet and then fermented in barrels.

why oh why would someone ever drink it after thinking of it that way? haha

Still sounds good though.

BBK;

Day Three and doing great. I think I will have a glass of champagne at midnight, but only one!

To all of you scale addicts - I would like to get a little of that please. I can't stand to step on the scale, even now. I will go weeks and can't force myself. I guess because it was so mean in the past and I can't stand that little mechanical contraption laughing at me or gasping.

NYR - step on the scale every Wednesday morning, like I started doing.

Thanks for the support and hillarity!

BBK;

Day Three and doing great. I think I will have a glass of champagne at midnight, but only one!

To all of you scale addicts - I would like to get a little of that please. I can't stand to step on the scale, even now. I will go weeks and can't force myself. I guess because it was so mean in the past and I can't stand that little mechanical contraption laughing at me or gasping.

NYR - step on the scale every Wednesday morning, like I started doing.

Thanks for the support and hillarity!

I would have mine calibrated weekly if I knew a company that would do it lol... Mine grunts and groans when I get on it. Eventually my scale will thank me though ;)

Oh on a side note... I broke my last scale when I got on it holding my English Bulldog to see what he weighed LOL

Guess it was too much :laugh:

Champagne!? I would of popped before WLS surgery if I tried to have champagne.. Sounds painful for me and my restriction.

I will have to find a nummy mix to cheer at midnight (If I can stay awake lol)

Edited by Brandy~

I'm not at scale addict stage YET, but what I have found myself doing is weighing more than once at one time. I have a digital scale, and I can step on, get a number, step off, step back on again, and it's a different number. Usually a tad higher. :laugh: So now I go for best 2 out of 3 -- or 3 out of 5 -- or... or...

I weigh the same naked at home and clothed at the Center!

8_6_49.gif 8_6_47.gif 8_6_50.gif Well yesterday was my last day of the 5 day p.t. Official weight loss this morning was 6 lbs. YAY!!!! I am so happy. I will definitely use this when I plateau. I think it would be great then.What a new year this is going to be. My goal is that I will be down 80-100 lbs. by bandiversary! Which is totally do-able. I made a NYs resolution years ago not to make any more NYs resolutions, but this yr. I am. I am going to exercise on a regular basis instead of haphazardly.

How is everyone else doing? Great I hope.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZRxdm609NVUS

YAY!! I am so proud of you! YAY! :laugh: CONGRATULATIONS!

Hmm since it's new years I might need a real detox tomorrow haha

The wheels on my wagon broke and then fell off :laugh:

Hmm since it's new years I might need a real detox tomorrow haha

The wheels on my wagon broke and then fell off :laugh:

Its ok Brandy, I will help put them back on for you! After all, us Brandy's have to stick together! HUGS!

Beth, my scale does the same thing. And it never fails that the first weight is the lowest. I should just stop there, but NO, I have to step up again. It can vary as much as 2 pounds within one "session". Very frustrating.

Oh my, I've been doing soooo good since Sunday, but I let my hair down some tonight. Shared a large order of ground beef nachos with the DH (I've been wanting them for a long time) and had a 17 ounce frozen margarita topped with Midori. Believe it or not, for the first time in my life I'm a bit tipsy - and that happened after drinking only about half of it. I seldom drink, but I've never had any kind of effects after one margarita. I'm thinking maybe it's a combination of my lower body weight and how fast I drank that half.

Anyway, my calories for the rest of the day were pretty low, so I think I'll be ok. Back on track tomorrow!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Happy New Year! Good morning ladies (and gentlemen if there are any out there lurking). Well today is day one. I just took my Vitamins like a good girl...Went to a NYE party last night - let's just say Jello shooter are evil - I don't want to know how many calories I slurped or drank last night!

Today is the first day of hell...only five days of hell though - much better than post op! That truly sucked...

Hope you all had a great time last night and stayed safe. Those of us starting today are going to kick some major bootay and for those of you that have completed or in process "Salute".

GO LESLIE!!! Good luck!! Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize!

What's on your menu? I start tomorrow with some of the other Violets.

morning & happy nyr!!!!

on day 3 and i know i've lost some weight. the jeans i had on last wk that were a tad snug were loose last night.....still holding out till saturday to weigh.

pouch test isn't too hard, but i did have some veggies at lunch yesterday - body craved it so i had a few bites, i'm mean really how bad can that be. i also had some wine to Celebrate the nyr and was in bed relatively early.

this if nothing told me i really don't need a fill; and i'm glad i've been able to reign in the snacking.

congrats all in doing this!!!!

I found a couple of recipes for full liquid Soups that sound awesome! Just thought I'd share one of them:

Black Bean and Chorizo Bisque

This is not a typical black bean Soup, as it is not chunky in the least. It's completely smooth, which makes it more of a bisque. It uses chorizo, a Mexican sausage, but it's the uncooked, loose ground variety, not the hard salami-type sausage. As for chicken stock, the best kind out there is Imagine Free Range Organic, available at Whole Foods or other specialty markets. Good stock leads to good soup, and this stuff is truly delicious, even on its own!

ingredients:

1 lb. package Mexican chorizo sausage

1 medium white onion, peeled & diced

1 tbsp ground cumin

3 cloves garlic, peeled & minced

1 quart chicken stock

2 bay leaves

3 28 oz cans black Beans, rinsed & drained

1 lime, squeezed of juice

handful of cilantro, chopped extremely fine

equipment:

two large stock pots or Dutch ovens

blender

NOTE: do not use a “boat-motor” style immersion blender for this recipe; it does not blend smooth enough to remove the finest pieces or lumps.

1. Brown the chorizo sausage in a deep Dutch oven over medium-high heat until cooked. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon, and set to drain on a thick bed of paper towels.

2. Return the pot to medium heat with the sausage drippings still in it, and sauté the onion until softened, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and ground cumin and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken stock, bay leaves, and drained beans, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.

3. Add the browned sausage back to the pot, stir to combine, and simmer another 10-15 minutes to meld flavors.

4. Remove the pot from the heat, and remove bay leaves. Transfer soup to the blender using a ladle until the blender is no more than half-full. Put the top on, but allow for some venting (hot soup + blender = explosion, if not vented). Starting on low, puree for about 10 seconds, then move up to medium speed for 10 seconds, then high for 30. Once completely smooth, pour into another empty pot, and continue with the rest of the soup in batches.

5. Stir in cilantro and lime juice, serve with a dollop of sour cream.