Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the holiday detox early, anyone wanna join me?

A lot, the 5 Day website says "you can have as many low-carb Protein Shakes as you like to satisfy hunger or cravings." I don't think Days 1 and 2 are really concerned with set meals, so drink those shakes when you feel you need them.

I haven't gotten to the other days yet, so I'll leave that for those who have.

Hi Boo Boo,Laura here and looking for some support.I just signed on new today and am feeling panicky.I didn't gain over the Holiday but didn't lose either.I was banded in late August 08 and have lost thirty pounds.I feel like i can still eat way to much after two fills .Is this normal.? I rarely feel my restriction.I am scheduled for another fill on Jan.21st.I am embarrassed for my Dr.to see how little weight I have lost in past two months.I turned right to the Xmas.goodies and feel really guilty and out of control.I know the best advice comes from those who have been there.Help!!!!!!! Laura:w00t:

Laura, I too am new to this support group and was banded 8/19/08. I have 7cc's and feel no restriction, hope to get fill on Jan 7th. I will start this liquid stage & 5DP to give me a jumpstart, as I have only lost 40 lbs. since begining pre-op diet. I do believe that I need to up my Protein intake.

Edited by angilyn

I broke my blender making a smoothie for my son. I guess it is time for me to spend the money for a magic bullet. I don't have a shaker, so I am going to have to get creative for my Protein Drink. I am glad to see so many recommitting to their band! This is going to be a great year!

Lulu used a martini shaker! :tt2: lol...worked well for her! lol...

Well the sun is setting on day 2 of liquids.

I don't know if Ive lost any because I promised myself not to weigh until the end of the the 5DPT.

BUT...boy am I glad I am not attempting 5 days of liquids!

Plus I have a confession, I think I cheated a little. I had 5DPT approved Lentil Soup but I didn't blend it. I hope that's not too off track.

I am glad you aren't doing 5 days either!

I was so glad to see this thread, as I've been "off the wagon" since Thanksgiving.

Ahhhhh ..... farewell to chocolate .... it's been fun, but time to get back on track. I want to reach goal this year and am anxious to get back into it. I am so grateful for this band. I've only gained 5 pounds during the Holidays. Would have been MUCH more without it!

Monday - 1/5 - I'll start the 5 day pouch test, then get back on track.

Welcome, it worked for me!

I have read this entire thread. I am so glad to be surrounded by such motivated people. I love that there is a refocusing program that has a finite period of time. I think in my mind that is the major difference between dieting and a 5 day program.

I started drinking 2 protien drinks a day yesterday and then having dinner. I am going to do that one more day and then start the 5 day test on day 3.

BTW- I am not a scale addicted as a matter of fact I have not weighed myself since my post-op meeting in mid-December. But the jeans that fit before Christmas were definitely tight yesterday.

Everyone keep up the good work and Happy New Year.

Lucky you! I am so addicted I take it to a new level I am sure!

I'm in also. I have also been following this thread thinking about doing it. I will start monday.

Welcome!

I'm in too....I read this thread the other day and have been thinking about it since. I didn't do too bad over the holidays - even tho' I didn't deny myself anything I did not gain any weight (yay!). I've been feeling I should be down alot more than I am...banded in April and only 40 lbs down so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for that 40 lbs being gone, but would be happier with a little more. I'm scheduled for a fill on the 8th, so maybe I will start my 5 day pouch diet then. I think 2009 will be great for us all!!

Welcome!

I fell off the pouch test wagon. I made an appointment for a fill since I am SURE I need one! I will start again with the pouch test on Monday after my fill. :mad:

It's ok, you can fix it!

I am so happy I did this, I am officially back on track! I have now lost 6.5 pounds!! I am .5 pound from loosing all of the holiday bs! YAY! :thumbup:

I hope you all are doing well!

I haven't decided if I'm going to do the whole 5DPT yet, but I did do Day 1 yesterday, and today I'm down 2.4 pounds from Friday's weight. I have an appointment with my surgeon on Monday, and my goal is to show a 50 pound loss on HIS scale. I'm at 57 on my scale (and naked), so I think I may make it. I'm going to wear very lightweight clothing tomorrow.:) I don't think I want a fill, either - I don't think I need one.

Oh, and I've lost everything I put on over the holidays so - YEEEHHAAA!!

I have never been so happy to see a post!! I gained 15.5 lbs from Thanksgiving to Christmas...

The liquid diet sounds good to me, I was going to start yesterday, but hmmm, didn't.. I did manage to watch what I ate, and threw out all the temptations, and lost 2 lbs.

Today, I am joining you... How many days are you doing liquids???

What is the 5 day pouch diet???? I will do that to, if you let me know what it is!!!

I am frustrated that I was soooo close to 199 and let it all slip away...aaagghhh.

We CAN DO THIS!!!!

Hi

I can empathize with your frustration level. I was banded Jan 08 and I was doing fine until October when we went to Australia. I haven't had a fill since Sept and though I had decided to just eat whatever while we were away now I am feeling the effects. we were only home for two weeks then we have been away again visiting family and friends for Christmas and eating whatever. Unfortunately, the foods that slide cause the weight gain. I need a fill and motivation to get back on the wagon. We are going home tomorrow and I hope to stop for a fill if I can get an appt.

Let me know how you do. We'll compare notes. Good luck to you.:)

Congrats of your 6.5 BBK!

Day 3 and Im pretty sure that I havelost some weight. Im gonna break down and weigh tomorrow, day 4. I am also pretty sure that I need an adjustment.

Holy Smokes! I lost 10LBS! For a total of 110lbs since surgery!

Happy doesnt begin to say what I feel! Back on track! Thanx for this thread BBK!

Just when I thought I couldnt take it anymore, I weighed myself and voila -10lbs. This is now my go-to plan for plateau busting!

Good morning (nearly afternoon) Everyone!

Y'all have definately inspired me...I'm going to incorporate the 5 day pouch test into my fill appt tomorrow. I will do liquids tomorrow (fill is at 10:30) and follow the rest of the test plan for the days after the fill.

I haven't had a fill yet, but I definately ate TOO MUCH over the holidays!I think I've gained 3 - 5 pounds, and I'm definately NOT happy about it.

Thanks for posting all your stories and encouragement - I know that whenever I hit a plateau (yep, I know, I'm a newbie so I shouldn't be too hard on myself right now) I'll have LBT'ers to help me get back on track.

Keep up the good work, folks!:wink_smile:

ok - i started last night at dinner.< p>rather than look at all the leftovers & Snacks - i threw them all away and made me a chocolate/peanut butter cheesecake Protein drink. my body actually thanked me:)

hope to start the pouch test on tuesday.

good luck everyone!!!

I'm recommiting to the lifestyle today and have a lot more reading to catch up on in this thread... so please forgive me if you've answered this already... how do you make that?? It sounds absolutely delish!!!

Here it is, from page 3. And it is yummy! I only use 1 tbsp of the pudding mix - 2 made it too thick for my taste. Thanks again Lulu!

8oz skim milk

1 scoop muscle milk chocolate Protein

1 tbsp Peanut Butter

2 tbsp fat free cheesecake pudding mix

few ice cubes & blend

Woo hoo! I had a victory today! I decided to use the balance scales at Curves this morning before my workout...and I had to put the big slider on 200 rather than 250!!! I haven't been able to do that since 1993! *does happy dance*

:wink_smile:

Woo hoo! I had a victory today! I decided to use the balance scales at Curves this morning before my workout...and I had to put the big slider on 200 rather than 250!!! I haven't been able to do that since 1993! *does happy dance*

:wink_smile:

Congratulation, MistyD65.

I just started the pouch test today and so far I have not been hungry. I'm trying to keep myself busy.When did you start the test?