Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting the holiday detox early, anyone wanna join me?

Hey Gina!!

I survived Day One with Ham & cheese Soup and Protein pudding and lots of fluid! I'm hungry right now, craving chocolate, but I'll survive! It's not bad at all. Looking forward to Day Two.

Good luck everyone!

I just found this thread. Luluc told me that she was doing the 5 day pouch test and I told her that I might.

Well, count me in. I will start Monday. I just bought some Protein Drink mix and some more things I will need. School starts back Monday, so I will be busy and not thinking about the Snacks. I have been going to the fitness center and I know that I have gained a few pounds.

36_22_28.gifThanks, BBK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

I need to ask something about the pouch test. I am not a cook at all. I bought some Soup (ham and split soup), is that alright? I have the Protein Drinks, SF pudding, tuna, chicken, and salmon. I will buy ground beef and turkey. Did anyone eat store bought Soups? Did you eat your eggs boiled or fried? What about the greek yogurt? I am so sorry about the many questions, but I really want to do the right thing.

I need to ask something about the pouch test. I am not a cook at all. I bought some Soup (ham and split soup), is that alright? I have the Protein drinks, SF pudding, tuna, chicken, and salmon. I will buy ground beef and turkey. Did anyone eat store bought Soups? Did you eat your eggs boiled or fried? What about the greek yogurt? I am so sorry about the many questions, but I really want to do the right thing.

Alot I ate store bought soup just pay close attention to the labels, read calories ect. I eat my eggs scrambled,only way I will eat them. I have never had greek yogurt. Sorry! But welcome!

Hey Gina!!

I survived Day One with Ham & cheese soup and Protein Pudding and lots of fluid! I'm hungry right now, craving chocolate, but I'll survive! It's not bad at all. Looking forward to Day Two.

Good luck everyone!

YAY Teri! Keep it up!!

I am in! I will start tomorrow.

Welcome Gr8!

Well, I messed up on day 2. DH and I went to town to do some errands and he wanted Chinese. I ate Chinese. Oh well, it could have been worse. I'm back to liquids again and I am going to do the treadmill for longer tonight.

It is ok, you are trying so that is what counts! :thumbup: Back to it, you'll be fine!

Im on day one and so far so good. I havent decided on whether Im doing liquids for 2 or 5 days. Protein Shakes are sent from heaven!

Scratch that. 2 days of liquids it is!

Yes, stick with 2 days or you will go crazy!

Congrats to everyone just for DOING this!!!

I've been able to get on the treadmill a couple of times. It feels REALLY good to get back to that.

Wed and Thurs were challenges but not too bad. Even the bad choices weren't NEAR as bad as before surgery. Felt kinda icky tho since I'm not used to eating some of that stuff anymore.

Lost a lb so far this week.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Congrats--Keep it up!

wow - this thread gets bigger / bigger each day....that's fantastic!!

so i weighed after a wk; down to 127.1 - so my loss for the wk was 2.7lbs. would have liked more - but i'll not complain. think i might keep doing a Protein Drink a day for a while; my talapia didn't go down so well last night - actually not at all, so i made a shake....tasted good and was what i was in the mood for.

good luck to all those starting!!

I fell off the pouch test wagon. I made an appointment for a fill since I am SURE I need one! I will start again with the pouch test on Monday after my fill. :thumbup:

I'm in too....I read this thread the other day and have been thinking about it since. I didn't do too bad over the holidays - even tho' I didn't deny myself anything I did not gain any weight (yay!). I've been feeling I should be down alot more than I am...banded in April and only 40 lbs down so far. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for that 40 lbs being gone, but would be happier with a little more. I'm scheduled for a fill on the 8th, so maybe I will start my 5 day pouch diet then. I think 2009 will be great for us all!!

I'm in also. I have also been following this thread thinking about doing it. I will start monday.

I have read this entire thread. I am so glad to be surrounded by such motivated people. I love that there is a refocusing program that has a finite period of time. I think in my mind that is the major difference between dieting and a 5 day program.

I started drinking 2 protien drinks a day yesterday and then having dinner. I am going to do that one more day and then start the 5 day test on day 3.

BTW- I am not a scale addicted as a matter of fact I have not weighed myself since my post-op meeting in mid-December. But the jeans that fit before Christmas were definitely tight yesterday.

Everyone keep up the good work and Happy New Year.

I was so glad to see this thread, as I've been "off the wagon" since Thanksgiving.

Ahhhhh ..... farewell to chocolate .... it's been fun, but time to get back on track. I want to reach goal this year and am anxious to get back into it. I am so grateful for this band. I've only gained 5 pounds during the Holidays. Would have been MUCH more without it!

Monday - 1/5 - I'll start the 5 day pouch test, then get back on track.

Edited by bas

Well the sun is setting on day 2 of liquids.

I don't know if Ive lost any because I promised myself not to weigh until the end of the the 5DPT.

BUT...boy am I glad I am not attempting 5 days of liquids!

Plus I have a confession, I think I cheated a little. I had 5DPT approved Lentil Soup but I didn't blend it. I hope that's not too off track.

Edited by chocolate_snaps
to does not = TOO

Hello all!

Well I have survived day one! Not too bad! I have had Soup, pudding, yougurt and a Protein shake! Plus alot of water! I hope that everyone is getting some well earned results!!

I am looking forward to day # 2!

I broke my blender making a smoothie for my son. I guess it is time for me to spend the money for a magic bullet. I don't have a shaker, so I am going to have to get creative for my Protein drink. I am glad to see so many recommitting to their band! This is going to be a great year!

I know I'm such a whinner, but I do want to do this right.

For some of you that have finished the 5 days, please tell me what you ate for days 3,4, and 5. You don't have to tell me everything just give me some of the things you ate. I know that I can have (day 1 and 2) a Protein Shake for Breakfast, yogurt or pudding for lunch and maybe another shake for dinner. Did you have yogurt or pudding for a snack or do we refrain from Snacks altogether? I'm so excited about doing this and you all have been so supportive to each other. I appreciate ALL the help you can give me. Thanks in advance!!!!

Luluc, congrats on the loss. :tt2: