Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its H O T !!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better Leatha. Itching is the worst thing ever! People will actually damage their skin to to make the itching stop.

People soo buy into the "height/weight proportion only" that it's crazy. Many of these men calling for only HWP are pretty pudgy...

Well, his complaint with me was not my weight, it was the fact that I admitted I had been and continue to be treated for clinical depression. Apparently his former wife and girlfriend since his divorce had been too and his experiences with them were less than favorable. He was actually nice about it, but just plainly told me that he'd rather not go there again. As if all people who are treated for depression are damaged goods. Some of us have actually learned to manage our depression, but Oh well...

It's just pretty apparent that even at 45 or there close, people still are searching for the perfect speciman. No health issues, no baggage from their past, no physical flaws... yea, right.

Oh well... NEXT!!

Honestly, I think that everyone has some type of depression at some point in their life...so screw him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I think that everyone has some type of depression at some point in their life...so screw him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, well exactly. The only reason the subject even came up was that I detected signs of depression in him. I had befriended him and was trying to encourage him, but he kept going on about his age and how his life sucked, etc and I mentioned clinical depression to him because he was so down on himself and his current life situation. Me, being my open and honest self, admitted to him that I had this problem and had done a good job of learning to manage it, however some people are terrible at admitting this weakness in themselves. Blaming others and 'your life' or the 'cards you were dealt' is actually a major symptom of being a victim/depression. Anyway, he told me yes, he was familiar with the problem and that his former wife's depression had seemed to effect HIS life.. (like it's contagious). Sigh... anyway, it's done. I just sort of got a slap in the face from reality once again. It's true, I am flawed. I have clinical depression/well treated and the tools to manage it well enough to live a normal daily life. I have a history of systemic lupus - unactive until this past week, with a hopefully minor sun reaction, blood clots in the past, successfully treated and the determination to take care of myself that even I can't believe sometimes. Maybe I should start an online dating service for less than perfect people. Hmmm...

Sorry to hijack your thread, Paula. Thank you for your kind words and the ((hug)). I don't often moan and groan on here, but this week has just knocked the wind out of my sails. I was doing so good... and I'll pick myself up and dust myself off once again, just like I always do.. :)

UUGGHHH!!! THE HEAT!!! THE HEAT!!! Its been record breaking heat here in northern nevada for quite some time now. We had over 10 days in a row of triple digit heat!! That is crazy! I hope you are all sip sip siping your Water and lounging by your pools with popcicles and iced teas. remember the sunblock to ward off nasty sunburns.

Leatha....I am prouid of you for opening yourself up to that man to try to help him. even though in the end it was you who recieved the help..yes you did...he showed you that he is shallow and has unrealistic goals for himself. maybe the advice you should have offered him was to look for his perfect mate in a kennel. ALL humans have flaws, they are what make each of us individuals. It sounds like he wants a 20 year old. Point him in the direction of the nearest college.

My dogs won't even sleep in bed with me right now, and the house is air conditioned. They normally "permit" me to sleep in a portion of their bed.

Point him in the direction of the nearest college.

hehe!! Good one! And like you said, Leatha, "Next!" He did you a favor. Next time you see him, thank him for showing you he's not a secure enough man to handle such a lethal woman. :) Now you can keep looking...buh bye!!!

Temps are expected to reach 90 today. We just aren't used to heat like this. Even though We get heat like this every year.... We are very delicate. Yes We are.

Leatha, I am sorry this big jerk did that too you, how dare he.. but anyways you are better off alone than with an a&* like that. You are a wonderful woman and have accomplished so much, and your prince charming will come along soon, very soon. You will see. Fall romances are far better than the hot summer ones. Sending lots of hugs your way..

Betty, cooling off???? HA! Went school shopping with Marcus, got in the van and the therm. read 103.... so nope, didnt do any "cooling off" here. :)

Only difference is that it has been a little dryer - esp. in the morning time, so maybe thats where we are experiencing the "coolness".

Leatha, Im honored that you would Hijack my thread. Feel free to moan or groan or whatever you called it anytime with me.