Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

Guest Uncle Mickey

I'm in Bakersfield. I am researching "the band" and tired of being fat. I just found this sight/forum. it looks like I can do all my research here.

Guest kjdiva

Hi, Uncle Mickey. I'm 54 -- are we the only "oldsters" doing this LapBand thing? ("I'm not OLD, I was at WOODSTOCK, for heaven's sake!") I'm in Eureka, and I'm also researching the LapBand. So far, I like what I've found out.

-- KJ

Guest Uncle Mickey

Hi, Uncle Mickey. I'm 54 -- are we the only "oldsters" doing this LapBand thing? ("I'm not OLD, I was at WOODSTOCK, for heaven's sake!") I'm in Eureka, and I'm also researching the LapBand. So far, I like what I've found out.

-- KJ

Must be! I saw some 13 yr olds on some websites! can you believe that?

i just spoke with a coordinator in LA that told me that Dr. Garza will do this surgery in Montery Mx for 8,000 including airfare AND the nurse i spoke with does the fills free in beverly Hills and would even come to bakersfield to do them Free. What do you think?

I am waitin for her to email me the info. I actually got the number off of this forum but can't find the place where I saw it.

have you heard antything about Dr. garza and Ochoa hospital?

Guest kjdiva

I believe I that have heard of Dr. Garza -- I know there are some fine bariatric surgeons in Mexico. Check out the website at obesityhelp.com, if you haven't already, and see if you can find anything there about him and his practice. It seems to me the reports I read about him were good.

Regards,

-- KJ

P.S. I was born in Bakersfield. Lucky old Bakersfield!

Guest Uncle Mickey

Does anyone know the lowdown on Anne Marie Tiesi? Someone posted some really damaging stuff on her on this forum and, fair or not, i am afraid to use Dr. Garza because of what they wrote about her. She is with, or runs Beligheter.com. and is the one setting up surgeries with Dr. Garza in Monterey, Mex. at the OCA Hospital.

This is too serious to take chances with but I will feel awful if what was said is not true and I reject it based on their post.

Hello Mickey

There is so much "lowdown" on AnneMarie but I won't go there. Please beware, she will charge you for her services!

You have many doctor options...Dr. Sanchez(www.ready4achange.com) and Dr. Rumbault in Monterrey Mx. Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Kuri in Tiajuana Mx. These are the only Mexico' doctors I would recomend. Most of these surgeons have simular services for about 8K.

Personaly I would not let any nurse provide a fill for me. In Ventura there is Dr. Billy and in San Jose there is Dr. McKeen(www.southbaybariatrics.com). Dr. McKeen has a Utah office and will preform surgery for 14K there.The cost of Ca hospitals is greater than in Utah.

Good luck, research, and welcome to LBT

Guest Uncle Mickey

I am really looking at Dr. Aceves in Mexicali. I am monitoring two forums comprised of his patients. He does the surgery in a hospital as opposed to the clinics I understand Dr. Kuri uses. Dr. Kuri has done more lapbands but Dr. Aceves has performed more surgeries overall. Dr. Kuri is more conveniently located for me. This is just stuff I am digging up as I go.

Hello everyone,

My name is Patty and I live in Westminster. Just 15 minutes from Disneyland. Doing my research and just got the "green" light from insurance if this is what I really want. Now I need support.... the pros and cons for this venture. You guys rock and I'd love to stroll Downtown Disney with any one of you.

Patty

RUN from belighter!!!! I made that mistake. Contact me for the truth about those con artists. Karma will sort that out. If I can prevent someone from making that error in judgment I will.

Christine

Hello,

I'm in Santa Barbara and having band done on tues by the great Dr. Billy in Ventura. Everything so far has been so great. Attitude is everything and the whole office is wonderful. Price is half what it is in SB. Heard Dr. here has only done a "few". Scary. I am so ready and counting the hours down. I am paying out of pocket, did not want to wait, but have medically necessity due to Total Knee Replacements with 6 revisions etc. Also having gallbladder removed due to stones just found out.

Soooo looking forward to tues, having a hard time in the waiting period...

Pretty prepared with home liquids etc, but working on more so I can keep busy. With holiday I want to be comfortable with family being around.

Wish me luck.....on my way........

Debra,

You sound soooo ready! I am very excited for you and wish you all the best as you journey toward a healthier you!

Dear tztmama,

I feel ready, but I am looking for things to do. Did some gardening, it is so beautiful today here. My husband went golfing and I am thrilled to have the day alone. I can just stay in my sweats and go from thing to thing as I chose. I may even read a bit. I keep having to remember I can not eat. I have all the liauids and wonder sometimes if I could be geting too much Protein from them. I am drinking Water.< /p>

the waiting is no fun right now. But I shall endure.....

Watching the clock tick tick tick...

Hi There:

Congradulations on your new band. I have been banded for one year. I can also use some support and encouragement.