Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 11 date :)

Me too on pretty much all that. I want to sleep on my stomach but the port keeps stopping me. My incisions aren't itchy at all, thank goodness.

Oh, I do still have a pretty large bruise at the port location, but it's also fading, kinda a technicolour yellow at the moment.

The gas has been a lot better in the last day or two.

I also have more energy. Unfortunately, I'm pretty hungry. I can hardly wait for the first fill to see if it'll help me with the hunger pangs.

I was also banded December 11th. I went for my post op check 12/18/08. Found out I had a hernia which he repaired when he put the band on. I've done really well. I had lost 12 pounds. I'm on creamed Soups, yogurt, and Protein Shakes. I go for my first fill on January 22nd. Continued success for everyone.

How is everyone?

Got my staples out yesterday and moved to a pureed/mushies diet. Yay! It's amazing how remarkably better I feel with the staples out. They were really bothering me but i thought it was incision pain.. turns out it was staples pain.

Mushies is going well. A little afraid of eating the wrong thing and not losing or regaining the weight I've lost.

But I am feeling better today then I have in a long time :thumbup:

Happy Holidays

I had my post op today. All of my incisions are fine. I had a rash around my port incision but all is well now. Im scheduled for my first fill on Feb 4th. Such a long time away but I have to wait for certain dates to go to the office closest to my house. Im not up for the 2 hour drives anymore. Im having a hard time sticking to my list and the person I saw today wasnt surprised at all.

I'll be trying out new protien powders and liquids this week since Ive been slacking. I picked up a paper today at my Drs office with protien smoothie recipes. Some sound really good.

I have a Realize band and was able to log into my realize website today. Its really neat... Similar to WW online but more detailed.

I had another milestone last night ... I fell asleep on my stomach. Yeah!

I also started mushy food yesterday ... had oatmeal for Breakfast, and then ended up having tofu (prepared differently) for the next two meals. And a bit of yogurt (Kefir actually).

Unfortunately, it didn't fill me up. But the good thing was, no stomach upset and I felt fine after each meal.

I notice that some December bandsters have registered big weight loss numbers - congratulations!

Ooo grats FWWAB! I'm so jealous you can sleep on your tummy!

I haven't lost a pound since I started mushies day before yeserday. Boooo.. Also struggling to get any food in me anyway.. 3 times a day I eat about 5 tablespoons of something. I think below the 1200 calorie suggested diet to help continue to lose weight.

Plus it's snowy out so I can't walk or anything. :thumbup:

Hello! How are you guys holding up? Im starting to get in some exercise but I dont want to push myself too much. My dad gave my kids a trampoline for Christmas.. Im excited to get on there.

I cant seem to get my profile picture to show up for some reason

Doing good! I started mushies Mondayish and haven't lost a pound since. Kinda bummed about it because I don't think I'm overeating or anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also I'm hungry.. way more then I was on my Protein drinks. Any suggestions? What are you all eating on the mushy phase for the day?

I wouldnt expect to lose anything in this phase. Its one of those crazy body things that you probably arent eating enough to lose weight. You're not allowed to have Protein drinks in this stage?

Im not on mushys anymore.. chicken, turkey and salads are allowed now.

I know that I will require a fill.

One of the reasons to have a laproscopic band is to help us feel full. I do not feel full - quite the opposite, actually. I know that I can sustain feeling hungry (most of the day) for a short period of time, but I can't sustain that feeling for the length of time I need in order to get an average BMI.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to find the "sweet spot" within the first fill or two.

And if I can feel full with a small amount of food, that'll help me lose the weight I want & need to lose.

I've noticed the most curious thing.

I've been hiccuping. Not a lot, but definitely more than usual.

Doesn't hurt. Just unusual.

And, come to think of it, maybe a bit more burping than usual.