Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

getting a handle on my life

HI! I just found out about this website and find it extremely interesting! I was banned on April 20, 2005 and have only lost about 10 pounds! I am having a hard time getting in control. Here is my life......I just had my third child (third girl) in Feb.. My children are 3 1/2, 2, and 5 months. Since daycare and babysitting are such big expenses my husband and I are fortunate enough to "tag team". I work all day (I leave at 6:30 and get home around 5:00) and he stays home with our children, when I get home he goes to sleep and gets up around 9:30 eats dinner and goes to work from 10:30pm-7:30am. When I get home it's time to make dinner, give my kids baths, get them ready for bed, prepare their clothes and food for the next day, clean up from dinner, do some laundry, prepare myself for work the next day and get my husband ready for work. (make his coffee, pack some Snacks, etc.) I get to bed around 12:30 and I am up around 5:00 am. Someone usually wakes up in the middle of the night with a wet diaper, having to go to the bathroom or needing some TLC from a bad dream. Needless to say there is no time to plan, weigh and measure and certainly no time to excercise. I know this is why I am not having any success. I need to lose about 75 more pounds and really need some advice, support or encouragement...how do I banlance my life and find some time for me? Thanks....Anne

WOW, you are a busy girl!! Just hang in there you are doing fine. -10lbs is GREAT!! :)

I don't have any children of my own, so I really don't have any advice for you. Sorry! :D

Welcome to LBT, you have come to the right place for support and encouragement!

(((((HUGS)))))

Hi Anne,

It does sound like you have a full load. Seems like all that housekeeping is plenty of excercise. Here is what I would suggest: drink a LOT of Water thru out the day. I can't talk about that too much because I'm not very good about getting it all in either but do the best you can. Tea would be fine too if your not a Water drinker. Make sure your meals consist of almost pure Protein and then some vegetables. Eat the starches as rarely as possible. Consider your fill level... When and how much were your last fills? Those are just a few of the important things you could do without having to fit more excercise in and without having to measure. Also if you want to add in a bit of excercise maybe just consider parking a little further out in the parking lot where you work. Little things really add up. It is very nice meeting you and I wish you the best of luck. Teresa

Anne,

There is nothing as great in this world as a good mother. It sounds like you are really working hard to provide for your kids. Thats excellent. 10 lbs is excellent, and if your not losing weight it certainly isn't because your not working hard. Just be patient. Be sure to get filled until your band has been adjusted snugly.

It is going to feel nice being the only mom who can sit in a kidnegarten desk chair at the PTA meeting. But, best of all it will be nice to know that you'll be around to see grand and great-grand kids. Congrats!

-Chunk

Hi Anne, I have 3 boys and go to work at 4:30 am and get up at 3:30 am and I own a restaraunt. I work 5 days a week and do all that you just mentioned, mind you my boys are older then your girls but I still find 20 minutes a day for me. I do my arm exercises everynight with my free wights while watching TV or right as I lay down for bed, I ride my stationary bike for 3 miles at a time..It can be done. Its about you making time..and following thorugh with it. You are important too and you desreve the 20 minutes a day for you dont you think? Make it a priority :D

Hi Anne,

Wow! You sure have a full plate.

I have 3 kids too! 9, 4 and 2 - my 4 yr old daughter is named Anne as well! :)

My suggestion is maybe trying an afternoon walk with the little ones. That should help tire them out as well :D You may not be able to power walk and burn tons of calories, but it will be more beneficial then NOT doing it. Its a bonding experience for you and your kids as well. Or what about trying to take a walk during your lunch time?

Another idea is to "use" your kids as weights... lift 1 kid 10 times, then the other 10 times. They will think youre just playing - but you are truly getting 2 benefits here.

Theresa mentioned Water. Great idea! Try drinking ONLY Water after 8pm. And most of us aim at drinking 80 oz's a day. LaMadam suggested that we use a 20oz Aqua Fina bottle and just re-fill it through out the day. Thats another "trick" we found useful.

Just remember... the reason for having the band is restrict our food in take. NOT dieting, but reducing our calories! This is what equals our weight loss. Have you had a fill yet? Getting a fill may be another "solution".

((hugs)) to you Girlfriend! Its only gonna get easier!

Could you afford to hire a 13-14 year old to come in and help you for an hour? If he/she watch the kids you could have me time to excersise and de compress.

Check out www.flylady.net

Lots of helpful hints for managing your home and family, although it sounds like you are doing a GREAT job, you just need to squeeze in some very important time for you! You have lots of great suggestions here. And, btw, 10 pounds is nothing to sneeze at!

Welcome to LBT!

10lb equals you haveing caused a 35,000 calorie deficient...so I think that is a major accomplishment! If you really want to get a visual...go to the store and pick up 10lbs of butter, and think about the fact that it used to be on your body!

I sometimes think its a wonder I can walk around since I seem to be carrying a large child around in excess weight. I could carry 3 of my five year old and it would equal about the weight I have to loose.

Melissa

not being married and not being a mother i have little to offer in the way of advice. Is there some one from your family that could stay with you for a while to help you out? an older neice or cousin who is off for the summer? a volunteer from your church? heck maybe you could call the mother of the septuplets and ask her for a few numbers for some volunteers to help...and ask your hubby to seek help from his friends and family too. its gotta be very hard for the both of you. I wish you and your family the best of luck.

CONGRATS on the 10 pound weight loss. Its not anything to sneeze at.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I went for an adjustment today and with that any all your great ideas I am looking at today as a new beginning. I lost another 5 pounds. My doctor brought to my attention that my weight loss is about 1lb a week. He said if I really think about it and keep going even at this pace, that will total up to 52 lbs. by next year. Seems so far away, but I guess I should be happy that I lost weight not matter how little. Thanks again for your support, advice and suggetsions.

Anne great job on the wieght loss. 1 lb a week is great. I'll take that any day. Also getting a new fill always rejuventes me, it is like a fresh start, I hope the same for you too :D