Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Sherry, so sorry for your losses. Those are hard things to deal with! Hang in there, this a time when you will need more support than ever! Your tool will help you get through it! Blessings and hugs to you.

I'm here too! Just been going through it like everyone else...I hope you all are doing well. I miss everyone!

Where was everyone on Saturday...no one was at the support group. :smile:

I am so sorry to hear about your losses Sherri...hang in there and let us know if there is anything we can do for you. My prayers are with you and your family during this time. Please remember to take care of yourself, I know how painful things are probably feeling right now but your health is important!

Take Care,

April

Edited by smilin_apple
misspelled word

I have some great news for all you LapBanders out there!

Another lady Tammy (from the SacValley Yahoo Bandsters online group) and I have started a new LapBand ONLY Support group with the help of one of the Bariatric Physician's at Sutter.

The meetings will be on the 3rd Saturday of each month at the Sutter Cancer Bldg. in Downtown Sac. They will not conflict with the current 4th Saturday support meetings held at the Point West Kaiser so you would be able to attend both meetings each month!

They begin on Saturday Oct. 16th from 10:30 a.m-12:30 p.m and will be held on the 1st Floor of the Sutter Cancer Center at 2800 L Street in Classroom #1. The next few meetings will be held on the following dates:

Oct. 16th

Nov. 20th

Dec. 18th

Jan.15th

All the meetings will be at the same time 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. This is open to ALL Bandsters no matter which coverage they have or do not have.

Tammy and I are so excited to have this opportunity to start this band only group and to have the chance to be able to support one another and discuss band specific things with each other every month.

The other great thing is since it falls the weeks before each of the holidays this year (ie. Thanksgiving and Christmas) we WILL be holding the November and December meetings... I know we all could use the support especially around the holidays!

I hope you ladies are doing well and just let me know if you have any questions!

Take care:thumbup:

Edited by smilin_apple
Correction

thanks so much you guys for your support and kind words..

it helps a great deal

:smile2:

Pat!!!

I have missed you SO MUCH!! Don't worry you will be fine!! Best advice I can give you is live on severence for as long as you can, and THEN collect unemployment. When Longs was purchased by CVS all of my co-workers and friends did it that way, so they had enough money to live. Don't let it get you down, I have been out of work a year this Oct, and still made things happen and so can you!! =) Think of this as a way to workout more :smile2: hehe!

Hello everyone else, and welcome new comers!

wow no post in 2 days thats a first!

Well hello anyone out there! Saw Baggs today and was 2 lbs less then he wanted so I got another 1 cc fill, at 7 ccs. Next goal he wants is 209 by Oct 21....so got that.

Have a good weekend everyone

Hello All

I have been on this road for about a year now. I have finally reached my goal and been been cleared by my heart doctor to have my surgery. I am leaning toward the Sleeve. If there anyone out there from SSF Kaiser? Any recommendation on surgeons in SSF.

I've heard great things about Dr Alami at SSF. If I switch, I'm requesting him. I think Stacey has Dr. Le. You should check out verticalsleevetalk.com for the Kaiser Richmond Board.

Yeah... no one at Point West last week?! I was working that morning but I showed up at the end. Things have been crazy with tons of overtime at work. It's a mixed blessing. I'm happy to get caught up in the office and I'm thrilled to get the CTO, but now I'm working 11 hour days, and working every other Saturday. And I'm working on my 9/80 too. I'm not cooking or exercise like I want to, but the overtime won't last forever.

How are my ladies? I miss you all!

Hello everyone, my name is Carmen I live in Rancho Cordova I was happy to see some people on here who had their surgeries at Kaiser Richmond, my surgeon was Dr Park. I was banded on Sept 13, 2010 and have lost 10lbs. Is this normal to only lose a little bit of weight at first? I am on pureed Protein now and still have days where I just want something GOOD to eat, how have you all dealt with your food issues? Give me some positive information i want this to all be worth the pain and suffering I feel like I have endured....thanks in advance for you support and any advice, encouragement you can pass on to me...!!!

Oh and can someone tell me how you put those "tickers" at the bottom of your posts I am having some trouble manuevering around this web site. ty!

Hello everyone, my name is Carmen I live in Rancho Cordova I was happy to see some people on here who had their surgeries at Kaiser Richmond, my surgeon was Dr Park. I was banded on Sept 13, 2010 and have lost 10lbs. Is this normal to only lose a little bit of weight at first? I am on pureed Protein now and still have days where I just want something GOOD to eat, how have you all dealt with your food issues? Give me some positive information i want this to all be worth the pain and suffering I feel like I have endured....thanks in advance for you support and any advice, encouragement you can pass on to me...!!!

Carmen 10 lbs post op is pretty good, did you have the band or sleeve? Band people loose slower and at a more "healthy" pace (in my opinion) then gastric and sleeve who will drop weight super quiiiickkkk! I am 8 months out, and have lost 33 lbs since surgery morning, but a total of 71 from my beginning appts.

Pureed foods were amazing to me. I loved in Chunky Soups pureed, and I was in heaven with mashed potatoes, alil gravy on top! Just remember to drink lots of fluids.

What helped me was support groups, and finding one or two people to team up with and talk everyday through email or phone, and just talk about positive things like your goals, and what you hope so do when you loose weight. Its a struggle just like anything else in life, but its worth it in the end.

Hey Everyone

This site has gotten quiet. I think alot of people have moved over the sleeve site..........which makes sense since we have alot of sleevesters now.

I have been really, really busy lately but doing well. We set up a mini gym here at my house :-) We slowly got things off craigslist over the summer........we have a treadmill, eliptical, stair stepper and stationary bike. I also unpacked all my weights and DVD's from when I moved three years ago!! Doing something everyday....the weights are addictive but I already knew that from the past. I LOVE doing weights. The bike and stair stepper are by the TV so the rule here is you have to be doing weights or riding the bike or stepping to watch TV. It has cut down on TV time for me.......

I got all the exercise stuff for about 250. Just kept watching craigslist everyday and waiting until the items start getting into my price range.

Since I started to exercise so much I put on three pounds........but I know it will come back off. I am eating my protiens and working on no carbs and no sugars. Not quite there..........:-)

Welcome to the new people it is a journey for sure and support becomes more and more important the further you get out from sugery. Tamra is right on with that....

Heather I miss you whats up?? We haven't talked forever..........:-(

Tamra: 70 is really good and I think it is important to count the pre op weight too. I know Dr. Baggs does :-) I am down 30 something from surgery but 60 totally and I often forget to count the pre op :-) I needed to lose 100 so I am more than halfway there........I like counting pre op too we all worked hard for that as well.

PAT: You came and went. How are you?

JESS/MONIQUE/REGGIE/ DONNA/CHRISTINE/NICOLE/PAM........who am I missing where is everyone??

But than again where I have been as well!! I Haven't been on for a long, long time either............

Thanks for the encouragement Tamra! I am going to attend a support group on Oct 16th, hey now that you are 8 months out are you glad you got it done? Oh by the way I had the lap band surgery. Some days I regret my decision more than other days, did you go through that? at 8 mos out do you enjoy food? mashed potatoes are the best but I try not to eat them everyday for dinner, i am currently trying to focus on my Protein. The reason I got lap band as opposed to the other options is exactly what you said it's a slower weight loss but I think it's healthier, if I could lose 50-60 lbs and keep it off I would be ok, but I do hope to lose more. Well thanks for the response to my cry for help LOL this has been something else but i guess I don't have to tell you.