Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good Morning all - ugh I didn't want to get up at 5:30 am today, but here I am at work anyway.

I don't have a problem with Robin anymore. For those of you new to this, the second time I met with Robin last January for my second fill I politely let her know that I am not a child and don't need to be treated like one. I told her I was having problems with emotional eating but that I would log my food honestly and put my emotions next to the problem entries as long as she would not scold me about it. I was able to get my fill even though I had only lost 5 lbs in 3 months since my first fill in October. She must have spoken to Dr. Im as he hasn't scolded me again either. For goodness sakes I am a grown woman and don't need to be talked to like I am a naughty child. Now I actually like going and talking to Robin one on one - it motivates me. But now that I am 1 yr 3 mths out from surgery and have 7 cc in my band - I have no clue when I am supposed to go back to Richmond - they didn't say last time. 7 cc is pretty much it for me unless I lose a lot more weight as 7.5 cc was too much - hence the unfill.

Hi all my - I finally slept all night! Monique and Jes- Yes I will take it easy, I hopefully will start on purees on Wed Robin is scheduled to call me. I am actually feeling normal. When can I start working out? Should I ask Robin or Dr Baggs? I didnt want to bother Baggs with that question. I really want to start working out. Have a good day everyone.

You can't work out until 6 weeks post op. All you can do now is walk walk walk. Remember no heavy lifting either - I think it is not more than 10 lbs. That is great that you slept all night and feel better. Just remember you are still healing inside and you don't want to pop a stitch out inside you.

Back from my weight check......266.9 I have gained approx 10 lbs from sept to now.....crappy

Ok, so my new way of thinking is: Tomorrow is not a brand new day, it's a continuation of today so my new motto is:

"WHY PUT OFF TILL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY!"

On track with no exceptions!!!!!! Want to lose 10lbs by the time I see Doc Fisher on the 15th!

Thats ok Tamra you can do it!! I feel off the bandwagon this vacation too. I am back on in full swing today. I did good on turkey day it was just the night after and last night..Oh well today is a new day hehehehe... Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Have a great day!!

So I got home Saturday from group and there was a bag of cheeseburgers on the counter that my Mother bought!!!!!!!!!! Thats my fav.... so I ate 1!!!! Damn it. The next day I had a talk with her to please keep it away from me and hide it. I explained how tuff it is. Thats the support im getting... I am a very strong person but this is a totally different thing. People think cuz I am so strong with other things in life that this will be the same. It is frustrating when I am there for every crisis with people and the daily stuff but they cant even see I need help.

Day one of my fat fast...had bacon for breakfast...lol....

Candra I didn't have time to grab coffee and when I got home I was STARVING!! So I made the bacon. Going to do tuna w. mayo in a while for my 2nd meal. That good?

I cannot believe I am up 10 lbs from Sept. Man! I was rockin' back then. I guess I will keep on truckin'!!

So I got home Saturday from group and there was a bag of cheeseburgers on the counter that my Mother bought!!!!!!!!!! Thats my fav.... so I ate 1!!!! Damn it. The next day I had a talk with her to please keep it away from me and hide it. I explained how tuff it is. Thats the support im getting... I am a very strong person but this is a totally different thing. People think cuz I am so strong with other things in life that this will be the same. It is frustrating when I am there for every crisis with people and the daily stuff but they cant even see I need help.

I feel your pain - I have the popcorn issue with my husband and when I first started out I quit Diet Coke cold turkey and he kept bringing them to me - I just kept yelling at him to stop but I probably coulda just asked him nicely LOL How did your mom take it?

That's good Tamra - the key is to stay around 1,000 cal and 60% of that should come from Fat. Bacon is a good choice but try to stay with Nitrate free or soak it overnight.

This fat fast is time consuming - 9 am Breakfast (coffee) then drink Water - 11:30 2nd meal - wait an hour - 12:30 drink as much water as possible in the next 1.5hrs till the next meal - 2:00 meal - wait an hour - 1:00 drink as much water for the next 1.5 hrs - etc..... Need to put a timer in front of me LOL

She said she would be awarer and I told her I will keep letting her know when I have a problem. She said she wants to try to do the diet too but she always strays away from it. I just told her I can not be around it. It triggers a million different things and once u cheat.... u cheat again. I am hoping she will be aware but she tends to be wrapped up in herself and doesnt care about what I need.

not awarer. lmao... im eating an apple and typing. dumbass

I think sometime our parents/spouse don't really understand that for some of us food is an addiction. Just like last week when my dad bought Toblerone candy bars for the kids - he got one for me too. I think he thought if he didn't get one for me too it would hurt my feelings. However I ate the whole thing at one sitting and when I told him about it he said I was supposed to eat one triangle a day and it would have lasted about 10 days. I said are you kidding once I eat one piece I can't stop myself. Hard to believe he thought I could do that - how did he think I got so fat to start with? If I had that kind of control, I wouldn't have a problem.

Hey all! Happy Monday :frown: I got time for a nice long post . . .

First off the Robin thing. Tina you need to tell Dr. Baggs what she said to you, about how it is up to her whether you get a fill or not. She's not the doc and that's not OK. But quite honestly, I don't have a problem with her at all; I feel like she really, really helps me and I enjoy meeting with her one-on-one. Like Pam, I had an experience early on where I flat out told her that I was not going to lie to her, that would be stupid so don't even think it. She was sort of upset that I thought she was yelling at me - she said she never yells - well no, but she can be condescending. Or she was at first, she never is now. I have made mistakes, I have had "indiscretions," and we talk about what I need to try to avoid it next time. I like the accountability she demands from me. She is well aware that people complain about her "rules" but she has to be consistent too. We have talked about it! Her program with me is NOT one size fits all, because of my food allergies and not eating meat and all my weird stuff! I fax her my food logs before I meet with her, then she is totally prepared and has new ideas and products for me to try, books to read, etc. She knows a LOT about head hunger and can really help! She tells me stuff that I don't want to hear sometimes, and it kinda pisses me off, but I appreciate that she calls me on my st! That's my 2 cents. And I REALLY like Liz!!! :frown:

OK, on to EMOTIONAL EATING and feeling out of control when there is food that you want to eat, be it chocolate or cheeseburgers. You CAN learn to break the pattern!! You can, you can! For many years you have been exercising your "giving in" muscle, and it has grown big and strong with all that exercise. You have, quite literally, hard-wired your brain to respond in a certain way when you see or smell a trigger food, or when some other external OR eternal event triggers the food thought. This is scientifically proven folks! You want sources I'll spill them :) Here's the deal" You have to start exercising your resistance muscle! The more you use it, the easier it becomes to do and the weaker your giving-in muscle gets. You CAN re-wire your brain to respond differently! And you do it just like what Heather is saying - you start by setting a goal ("dare") of practicing your D's 5 times a day for 5 days out of a week, say. A "D" is distract, delay, drink Water, do something different, and don't give up. Heather's using the "delay" technique! I use that one mostly, but also drink and do different. If I was still a stress eater, I would be using deep breathing instead of eating to reduce the stress - I have been doing that before I have to give reports in big controversial public hearings, and it REALLY helps me to be calm, focused, and in control. My band cured me of eating when stressed or upset RIGHT away ! it tightens like a noose, and THAT habit got broke real quick! But I digress . . . pick a "D" and practice it! You want that cheeseburger, so wait and see what happens after 5 minutes. Think about how good you are going to feel if you DONT eat it. Dare yourself, make a deal ("if I still want it in 5 minutes, I can always eat it then") Then in 5 minutes, re-evaluate - do you still want to eat it? Make another deal - you are going to go outside and walk around the building, THEN if you still want it you can have it - and so on. The point is to STOP the automatic eating reaction and re-wire your brain to NOT turn to food. Every time you successfully delay, you are exercising your resistance muscle and weakening the giving-in muscle! You are slowly changing the automatic connections that your little neurons are making in your brain, and you are creating a NEW pathway for them to take for the remainder of your life. You WILL feel in control, and that is a great feeling - much better than the feeling after you eat the whole chocolate bar! The more you practice, the easier it gets. This is SO IMPORTANT!!

Finally - exercise!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU GIRLS!!!!!! Woot, woot!!!!:rolleyes:

Thank you Riley I am going to work harder and use the information you have given me. I appreciate it!!!!!!!!!! I am going to do the D!!!!!!