Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good Luck Maria!!! You can do it!!

You can do it Maria!!! You go girl!

This is a crappy time for me at work, people are already starting to bring in gift of nice

Hey...Nicolie...you dont need any more...you are so nice already!!! lololol

Good morning ladies.... so much too read I feel like I havent been on here in days. I will have to attempt to catch up later. I hope everyone has a great short week... and Thanksgiving!

I know I accidently posted 2 times hehehehe. My bad!!!

Hey Everyone - Good and Bad News:

Good news- I was down again at Kaiser - 24.4 total since 9/13! Good news - I will have surgery the week of 1/18/2010. (not eating or drinking, wearing my light clothes before weighing works - so does the 1200 cal. diet and long walks!)

Bad News - no specific date yet because Liz is working on the January schedule and will call me in a week with the exact date. (I could have had 12/7 with Dr. Baggs, but I want to stay with Dr. Park and wanted to wait until after the holidays.) Also, the EKG I did on Friday did not come back normal so Liz had me repeat it this morning and sent a note to my primary care doc.

I did get my pre-op classes scheduled for 12/17 and my appt with Dr. Park for 12/15 (all the way in Vacaville!).

So I think I am on my way! It feels good; hopefully the EKG is nothing - the nurse on Friday had trouble with the machine so I am hoping that is what it is.

Riley - I fit into the next size down of my jeans too! (Good bye size 20 and big size 18s!!)

Howdy all...

Riley, thanks for posting the graph and pointing out that I'm not the only one that has ever gone in the wrong direction... Love the hot red pants idea for christmas - maybe I can fit them next year LOL

Tamra - my niece would love a coach bag... where do you have them posted? Congrats on your success - 2lbs today is not big deal because it will be off tomorrow!

Pat you are so close girlie - yeah!!

Maria - I ate alot of cauliflower garlic mash with & drank Protein Shots. I love my cauliflower mash - ooh and you can put a little cheese in it and microwave it for a second so it melts - Ok, off to buy some cauliflower - FYI: I buy the frozen bags and keep them around for just such an emergency! My neighbors made me alot of chicken & veggie Soups that I pureed - it was yummy, made from scratch - Maria is her name too. I was hungry at all during the first 3 weeks, just don't like pureed foods :biggrin:

Captain Mo - congrats on the food intake during the party - I have such a hard time in those scenes - if there is food just laying around I want it desperately!

Pammie - I tried to call kaiser but just keep getting pushed around - I'm waiting for a call back now from somebody who they say can actually help me. My problem, it seems, is my mouth! My head says no! My tummy says no! Truly, I'm not very hungry but my mouth is rediculous! Just wants to taste something warm and chewy - weird???

So, what is it about broccoli that the band doesn't like cuz I hafta tell you - my mouth loves it! but it is the only thing that ever comes back up unless I cook the hell out of it and make it mush but then my mouth doesn't like it.... Woe is me!

I did ok these last couple of days on the food - no popcorn LOL but last night I did have a small square of SF dark chocolate - just 1 - but boy was it tasty!

Riley - I thought of you last night - my friend just found out her new husband (the one that ran over the old husband) is diabitic - She's throwing away all her old cookbooks and looking for new ones LOL. She's going to get their 2 year old tested now - the grandma has it too. Does your son eat a low carb diet?

Somebody out there knows I'm fat because I keep getting these crazy emails - lose 100lbs in 10 minutes type a crap! It's starting to really bug me!

Nicollie - did I see your ticker correctly??? 17.6lbs down already - dang girl! You just may be as lucky as Heather

Heather... How are you feeling? My right eye is throbbing - been that way for a few days now - just about ready to hit up kaiser for some narcotic injection if it doesn't quit soon.

Jewel, having a good time?

Ash.... Not sure where you're getting your statistics my love but I don't think they are accurate. Please double check with your doctor before you make any concrete decisions. I heard the complications with band are rare and of all the 3 surgeries it is the safest (statistically) - according to Kaiser Richmond. The band wasn't being done in Richmond when I was starting out. It wasn't offered to me so I didn't do any research on it.

Hi everyone!!!

Candra - I posted them on craigslist, I will PM you the link. The pictures arent that great cause I used my cell phone.

Monique - I may do that 10 am class! The only problem is I am suppose to go with my friend to his family's thanksgiving that day. I can let you know by Weds is that okay?

Pat - You mentioned you coulda had 12/7 with Baggs - Is that SURGERY date or something else? If that's Surgery date that excites me, and lets me know he isn't that backed up...LOL...

Today the scale: 257.1 ...... whooo hooo!! 7.1 lbs till goal! I think I will be banded by Feb for sure~! whatcha think?

Tamra - Yes 12/7 was an open Surgery date for Dr. Baggs as of this morning. Dr. Park doesn't have any open dates in December. So yes, keep away from the chicken place and get the rest off quick and you could be the next one! I wanted to wait after the holidays, as my son will be home from the east coast for 3 weeks and I wanted to have a good visit with him; didn't want him worried about me.

awh man! I wish I was at goal maybe i'd be in the 12/7 surgery lol....oh well! knowing that, maybe I will be banded in Jan, not Feb like I thought. I am about 7 lbs away and hoping to be down that by the first week of Dec....

You can do it Tamra...I have 11 more lbs until I can get my other appointments and im busting ass lol....We can do it!! Im down to do the Zumba but this SAt is the Sacrmento meeting....You both should come to it!! :thumbup:

Yes Candra you read right. Im just waiting for it to slow down lol.... Im getting anxious....

Hi Tamra:

I noticed you live in Concord? I live in Concord also and I am in the same stage of progress as you. I should have my surgury schedule on Wed.

Hi there cinlarose! yep in Concord! Congrads on your progress, you will have a surgery date before me, I have about 7 lbs till I am at the goal given to me by my old surgeon.

Dang it 17 lbs Nicollie you rock!